Great quotes - post 'em here

Life must be understood backwards; but... it must be lived forward.

-Soren Kierkegaard

This quote is genius:

"Flax, you lack a very basic understanding of what God actually means. I wish you good luck as you continue to walk in the darkness." - Silke

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

I'm such a romantic:love:

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

I'm such a romantic:love:

Love.

"I don’t get high with LSD. I see people hallucinating all around me, but I don’t get high. I don’t mean to say that I got there first, but I just know that vision. You know, I find it very familiar. It’s one that I’m in most of the time. Taking LSD for me was not the most significant spiritual experience. I don’t want to put it down — it has done beautiful things for a lot of people. But for me it was just revisiting somewhere that I am anyway. I don’t think there’s any danger in LSD. I would take LSD as long as it wasn’t under medical supervision. I just don’t think there are any doctors around who could provide you with a guide. They aren’t spiritually advanced enough. It would be like…like giving somebody a diamond and then giving him a guard to prevent him from picking his teeth with it. Pot doesn’t do anything for me. Want some?" Leonard Cohen

"Being considered an idiot by an imbecile is a pleasure worthy of a fine gourmet"
Georges Courteline

"Nothing ages like happiness" - Wilde

While it sounds utterly depressing, it's quite true, if you think about it!

Burt Lancaster as Prince Don Fabrizio Salina in The Leopard:

Yes, love, of course! Fire and flames for a year, ashes for thirty. I too know what love is.

"Better to be a has-been than a never-been."
Tiny Tim

I had to look this up.
I don't remember where I heard it first.
It can be applied in many situations.

Back
Top Bottom