Have you converted anyone into vegetarianism?

Arsenal, I did not lie.

There is something very wrong with you.

You operate like a machine, not a person.

The thing is, I believe that you believe I lied because your brain doesn't work like other people's brains do. I almost get why you believe it too.

At first I felt outraged at the things you were saying to me. You made my heart pound. Now that I've read more of what you have to say I feel calmer because I understand now that you're just... Wacky.

So you go ahead and think that I'm a big liar. I wish you wouldn't, but people like you feel a great need to be contrary, so whatever.

Arsenal, I did not lie.

(Please don't argue with me about the medical issues. I don't take the eating of animals lightly and wish I was still a vegetarian, but I require a LOT more protein and many fewer carbohydrates than can conveniently be eaten on a vegetarian diet.

You claim that you require more protein and fewer carbs, I ask if there is any supplement that can fill that gap and I get this:

those things wouldn't work for my particular issues.

ORLY? Because later, after admitting the only issue with protein supplements is that A: it takes effort and B: you don't like the taste (oh boo hoo) you flat out admit:

Sorry, it's really either me or the animals and it's gonna be me.

What happened to those things wont work for me? It was never true, as you admitted, it's just 'easier' to do things this way.

That, my dear = a lie. And after claiming to care for animals you just flat out admit it's either them or you, because you are too lazy to blend some crap in a blender and chug it down.

That = a hypocrite.

Thanks for playing.

There is something very wrong with you.

You operate like a machine, not a person.

No, I have a critical mind and don't accept bs and lies when people try and force feed them to me.

The thing is, I believe that you believe I lied because your brain doesn't work like other people's brains do. I almost get why you believe it too.

Because you did. A lie is not the truth, or by omission. What you did qualifies. Strike two.

At first I felt outraged at the things you were saying to me. You made my heart pound. Now that I've read more of what you have to say I feel calmer because I understand now that you're just... Wacky.

Yeah, because I actually back up what I say with either actions or facts instead of saying one thing (oh i love animals and advocate vegetarianism!) and then doing another "Sorry, it's really either me or the animals and it's gonna be me."

You are so full of crap and probably the biggest liar and hypocrite I have encountered on this site, and that is saying a lot.

So you go ahead and think that I'm a big liar. I wish you wouldn't, but people like you feel a great need to be contrary, so whatever.

Oh I'm sure all your E friends will ignore the fact you are full of crap and the contradictory nature of your statements and clear evidence that you really don't give a crap about the things you claim to and give you a giant group hug.

It's how forums like this work. If someone points out something you did, you just get your E buddies to group hug the facts away.

You have to live with the knowledge that you don't back up what you claim, and it must bother you, because you feel the need to make up bs excuses for your behavior instead of just leveling right from the start.

Enjoy living in hypocrisy and lies instead of just admitting you are too damn lazy to back up the lifestyle and 'love' for animals you claim to have.

Arsenal, I am unwilling to go into great detail (Goodness knows I've gone into WAY more than I ought to have.) about my medical issues on an internet forum. All I can tell you is that my doctors spent 7 years trying to get me to stop being a vegetarian because of multiple health issues. The main issues being that I needed more low-carb options for everyday living and I needed to increase my protein intake. It IS true that if I were willing to lead an abnormal life where I don't ever eat outside of my home, or carried a jar of peanut butter and a spoon with me at all times, then I could have probably have gotten over my gag reflex in time and eaten like that. Remember, though, I gave it 7 years and I tried every protein shake out there during that time and I never did get over the gagging.

If you want to call it "inconvenience", which is a light word for what this actually was, then fine. It WAS an inconvenience, to say the very least. I live in the real world where I worked outside the home, went out to lunch and dinner with friends every so often, joined my family for weekend and holiday dinners, etc. Since it's too INCONVENIENT for me to carry peanut butter in my purse and gag while eating it around the table at restaurants, I was advised to broaden my options. I'm still uncomfortable with hunks of meat, but now I can order non-carb options like soup, vegetable dishes, which usually involve meat or meat broth, etc. And I do, because it's good for me. Most people eat 45 to 50 grams of carb in one meal. That's as many as I am allowed in one day, so I must be very careful.

It's funny that you go on in a way that is even more over the top than PeTA. Even they write things about reducing your consumption of meat and factory farmed animal products if, for some reason, you feel you can't give it up fully. I have done those things. I buy cage free eggs and I eat WAY less meat then I'm supposed to for my health. People assume that I'm still a vegetarian because I so often eat veggie burgers and meatless options. If I were willing/able to stomach multiple slabs of meat per day, my protein would probably go up and I'd probably feel better and my doctor would be so very pleased with me, but, like the peanut butter and protein shake thing, I can not stomach it. So I have found a happy medium now.

Being that these are problems that few people have to cope with, I don't know why you can't reserve judgement unless you have walked a mile in my shoes. Do you know how it feels to have multiple doctors shaking their heads at you as if you are a willing participant in your demise? (Once, a nurse snapped at me, "Someone with your medical history has NO business being a vegetarian!", and stormed out of the room.) Do you know how it feels to know that if you choose one path you'll disappoint one set of people and yourself, but if you choose the other path you'll disappoint another set of people (and probably yourself)?

Are things really so simple for you?

You're just brimming with hatred over something you don't even fully understand. That right there puts you in the wrong, in my opinion. I don't often lie and I'm certainly not lying about this. If you need precise language where "can't" equals "could not possibly even if I were to ruin every other system of my life in an effort to do so", then I can see where you could construe my words as false. I guess I wasn't using precise language in that "can't" to me means that I have tried hard and, given the circumstances, discomfort, health concerns and pressure from medical professionals, have decided it's in my best interest to add enough meat back into my diet to reach a happy medium.

If you were to look over my medical chart -- and you never will -- you might likely agree that this is more necessary than you're supposing. Or, if you'd rather see a human suffer very poor health and then probably die young in order to let more animals live, maybe you'd still disagree. I know a lot of vegetarians who feel that way.

Either way, I was never lying and am still not.

scarlet, just give it a rest. he's just gonna dissect THAT post now and just call you a liar 10 more times. you know you have complicated health issues that many people won't understand, so maybe it's just best you keep them to yourself instead of trying to explain them. not trying to come off bitchy, but it seems everytime you bring them up, this happens.

scarlet, just give it a rest. he's just gonna dissect THAT post now and just call you a liar 10 more times. you know you have complicated health issues that many people won't understand, so maybe it's just best you keep them to yourself instead of trying to explain them. not trying to come off bitchy, but it seems everytime you bring them up, this happens.

You're probably right.

scarlet, just give it a rest. he's just gonna dissect THAT post now and just call you a liar 10 more times..

No need to when she already admitted that it's simply too 'inconvenient' to back up what she claims, not that it 'won't work' in a medical or scientific sense, which she lied about in the first place.

My points still stand about being a liar and hypocrite, and by the definition of the words, she is most certainly that.

I most certainly could dissect that post, but I'd only be pointing out the admissions of hypocrisy over and over, and I don't feel like it at the moment.

Maybe later :)

... oh yes, when I was one-and-twenty... but 2 years after I felt quite poorly... now I eat meat once a week and I'm stronger than Tarzan...

Last edited:
If I walk past a McDonalds instead of going in it, are the burgers inside still dead?

This is the point I've been making for years.

The cows are already dead. If we all just walked by they will have died for nothing. By going in and getting a Happy Meal, which will in fact make you happy, you are giving that cow's life (and death) more meaning that it would have had if it just died of old age.
:thumb:

Enjoy living in hypocrisy and lies instead of just admitting you are too damn lazy to back up the lifestyle and 'love' for animals you claim to have.

There are lots of ways to love animals. This is a subjective topic.

I love animals. I have volunteered at an animal shelter. I have worked with a group that helps feral cats. I have adopted 4 dogs from shelters. I have personally groomed and gave love and attention to countless animals to help get them socialized in order to get adopted. I hand fed a dying puppy because she would only take food from me. I drove from work to the animal shelter every day after work to do this.

I love animals. I have eaten many pigs, cows and chickens in my life. They are delicious. They make me feel happy when I eat them. I would be very sad if I couldn't have a filet mignon or bacon or chicken nuggets.

That is how my moral compass points.
Yours points in a different direction.

It is ok for people to have different views on things. It's ok to tell someone why you think their stance is wrong. There really no point trying to get someone to buy into your view of the situation. All you are doing is injecting poison into this conversation. The attitude and the words you use make me feel like you are trying win rather than communicate. Combativeness is the least effective method of getting someone to agree with you. Cooperation is the best. Either way, there are no guarantees.

eat some beans instead and you'll feel even stronger

I have a can of pork brains in milk gravy. It's probably the coolest thing I own. No. That's not true. It IS the coolest thing I own. :guitar:

... oh yes, when I was one-and-twenty... but 2 years after I felt quite poorly... now I eat meat once a week and I'm stronger than Tarzan...

:D Sorry, I'm working... I'm a little bit inattentive... No, NO - it's the answer...;) Because I think that it can be unhealthy, it's not for anyone... for example everyone needs iodine and it's only in fishes, I think.. or in tablets... I used it in tablets 2 years (and I felt really tired)...
... so I am not ashamed...;)

Last edited:
[QUOTE ... oh yes, when I was one-and-twenty... but 2 years after I felt quite poorly... now I eat meat once a week and I'm stronger than Tarzan...
nowherefast
eat some beans instead and you'll feel even stronger[/QUOTE]

... I love beans... and lentil... and pease-pudding... but I have to "kill" one animal each week, I can't help... :nopity:

Last edited:
This is the point I've been making for years.

The cows are already dead. If we all just walked by they will have died for nothing. By going in and getting a Happy Meal, which will in fact make you happy, you are giving that cow's life (and death) more meaning that it would have had if it just died of old age.
:thumb:

I suppose in the long term- if an overwhelming percentage of the world's population were vegetarian, for example- it would make a difference though. It's all to do with supply and demand, although it's possible (and I do just say 'possible' here as I don't know much detailed information about it) that the meat industry does produce more than is needed, as many other industries do. Hmmm, it's a hard one it seems. :rolleyes:

There are lots of ways to love animals. This is a subjective topic.

I love animals. I have volunteered at an animal shelter. I have worked with a group that helps feral cats. I have adopted 4 dogs from shelters. I have personally groomed and gave love and attention to countless animals to help get them socialized in order to get adopted. I hand fed a dying puppy because she would only take food from me. I drove from work to the animal shelter every day after work to do this.

I love animals. I have eaten many pigs, cows and chickens in my life. They are delicious. They make me feel happy when I eat them. I would be very sad if I couldn't have a filet mignon or bacon or chicken nuggets.

That is how my moral compass points.
Yours points in a different direction.

It is ok for people to have different views on things. It's ok to tell someone why you think their stance is wrong. There really no point trying to get someone to buy into your view of the situation. All you are doing is injecting poison into this conversation. The attitude and the words you use make me feel like you are trying win rather than communicate. Combativeness is the least effective method of getting someone to agree with you. Cooperation is the best. Either way, there are no guarantees.

I pretty much agree with all of this post whole-heartedly though. You made some very good points bored: it's completely true that it is possible to eat meat, but still care about and love animals. :)

Bit of a bonkers thread this one.

I'm not a vegetarian, nor have I converted anyone.
Erm, thats it.
Cheerio

Back
Top Bottom