'I Wish You Lonely' next single...? Update - Official Lyric video posted

UPDATE Oct. 25:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The lyric video had resurfaced:

Also posted as a single on Spotify:

...if there are indeed such things as 'singles' anymore?

about an hour ago í got sent an e-mail update from the MorrisseyVEVO account announcing that they had just uploaded a new video 'I Wish You Lonely (Official Lyric Video) '.

By the time í saw the e-mail and clicked the link, the upload had been removed.

Just in time for Xmas...? :p

Posted by Famous when dead:

Oh...and this too:

Last edited by a moderator:
This song is not an historical analysis, it's a wish for the future. "Tombs are full of fools" is a warning against bad decisions, that is, don't trust your life to others (powerful people, lovers, substances). It's a calling to take our own life's responsibilities by ourselves. Don't let others use you for their own interests, think for yourself, be free and never give in to others. "I wish you lonely", "to hell with everybody else". That's my personal interpretation of the message of the song.

Out of the songs I've heard this seems to be a coherent underlying theme. I don't think a Morrissey album has had an underlying specific theme since Vauxhall.

You mean this one?

"You don't develop when you're with someone else. You put your own feelings on hold and you end up doing things like driving to supermarkets and waiting outside shops - ludicrous things like that."

He also said things like:

"Not vandals as such, but more than likely to be those blandly smiling families, out for the day, restless and careless, the earth belonging only to them and their smelly children as they advance decay wherever they go."

“I don’t want to be any kind of happy couple with a photograph on the television set. I find it embarrassing.”
That's the one! Fek, I forgot how vitriolic he can be. You'd swear he skipped childhood and was hatched fully formed with the quiff. Childish nonsense.

I usually just do the shopping with her. Unless it's clothes, and then I'd rather just stay home and waste 4 hours where I'm comfortable, instead of perched outside of a ladies dressing room like a perverted vulture.
I've lost interest in almost all forms of shopping, at least in bricks and mortar real shops. I much prefer Amazon. Less hassle, cheaper, and doesn't require spending an hour trying to find a parking spot (unless you are very picky about how you sit at your desk :cool: ).

You mean this one?

"You don't develop when you're with someone else. You put your own feelings on hold and you end up doing things like driving to supermarkets and waiting outside shops - ludicrous things like that."

He also said things like:

"Not vandals as such, but more than likely to be those blandly smiling families, out for the day, restless and careless, the earth belonging only to them and their smelly children as they advance decay wherever they go."

“I don’t want to be any kind of happy couple with a photograph on the television set. I find it embarrassing.”

Or in other words Moz you’re both too immature and too selfish to ever give your life towards making one someone else happy by loving them throughout there days.

What’s embarrassing is that Moz is emotionally 17 years old.

the consensus on here is that its a good song and both of them are fans so I would think they would like it.needs confirmed though.

I Wish You Lonely is surprisingly strong for a #2 track, it packs a punch for a short song less than 3 minutes. I bodes well for the rest of the album, which has songs that have the ability to get stuck in your head.

I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what that must have been like.

Morrissey is often like a relative who says what they think regardless of who it hurts. I know people who have been hurt by the lyrics of 'November Spawned A Monster'. His comments in interviews are very often at the expense of everyone else. I remember Robert Smith saying years ago that his wife (Mary) used to give out to him about the number of groups he slags off in his interviews, and he tried to rein it in, realizing that a wittily cutting remark can sometimes really hurt other people. I don't see Moz ever taking advice on-board like that though! Who is there to ever stand up to him anyway? I'm sure all his people are yes people, and obviously that is an unhealthy way to live. Perhaps Moz is the second Peter Pan, never having to grow up.
I remember Moz slagging off people who spend any time waiting outside a supermarket for their partner to finish shopping. I'm sorry but that's most people. We don't all get to spend our lives in hotels. Wouldn't want to either.

No, that's not true at all. Morrissey listens. Reflects. Is intelligent and also makes his own decisions - good and bad. Just like YOU. And all of his people are not YES people. At all. That's totally ridiculous.

The thing about November Spawned a Monster was that ......... and hence the monster was spawned......It wasn't a dig at you, nor of any people that you know.

Surely you'd be better saying that the production on I W Y L is fantastic, original and classy. That would be impressive......

Hazard
x

the british public are as thick as two planks of wood,sounds like tony Hadley.eff me.

I hear part of what you're saying FWD.

Fools/soldiers who gave their lives for their idiot leaders:

"Tombs are full of fools who gave their life upon command
Of monarchy, oligarch, head of state, potentate
And now never coming back, never coming back"

Loved-up fools that have committed suicide/murder; "Romance gone wrong". Same old, same old "and never coming true". Their love will never become true love.

Of Romance gone wrong
The same old glue and never coming true, never true"

Those fools that gave their lives to heroin. The way he says heroin confirms this:

Oh heroin, heroin, heroin, heroin, heroin
And never coming back, never coming back"

I thought it was heroine.

Hazard
x

the british public are as thick as two planks of wood,sounds like tony Hadley.eff me.

But not thick enough to create a coffin to bury him as it would need at least 4 other planks of wood. :brows:

Thankfully, not everyone worships the armed forces.
I agree but its an argument you cant win in Britain today.just watched a debate on gmtv about the white poppy which is about supporting every victim of war whereas the red poppy only raises money for soldiers,shocking how biased the debate was,guy had no chance.

I agree but its an argument you cant win in Britain today.just watched a debate on gmtv about the white poppy which is about supporting every victim of war whereas the red poppy only raises money for soldiers,shocking how biased the debate was,guy had no chance.
You can't win that argument anywhere. You sign up and you're an instant hero. It's as if the rest of us are just falling short of the noblest venture known to mankind while we remain civilians. Most of us have had relatives or friends that have served in the armed forces and I guarantee they would be the first to admit war is the ultimate in a fool's errand. Saying war is foolish doesn't diminish the sacrifice these men and women have made at all.

No, that's not true at all. Morrissey listens. Reflects. Is intelligent and also makes his own decisions - good and bad. Just like YOU. And all of his people are not YES people. At all. That's totally ridiculous.

The thing about November Spawned a Monster was that ......... and hence the monster was spawned......It wasn't a dig at you, nor of any people that you know.

Surely you'd be better saying that the production on I W Y L is fantastic, original and classy. That would be impressive......

Hazard
x
Well we've all heard countless examples of people dis communicated by Moz if they have the effrontery (? - not sure if that's a word) to ask for what they are due, whether it be a payment or a writing credit or whatever. From the outside it seems to me that the people who stay long term are those who don't rock the boat. I'm on the outside so I don't know. But you have to admit that it is a possibility. The amount of musicians, songwriters, managers, record labels, etc that Moz has gone through is staggering. However they rarely say bad things about him so maybe he is the saint you paint him to be. I'd love to think that's true but I doubt it. I don't much care anyway as long as he continues to make great music.

Interesting figures:
STDIB / I Wish You Lonely.
753k / 116k views on YouTube currently.
146k / 223k views on Facebook currently (via 'official' page).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom