"@itsmorrissey" on Twitter is NOT Morrissey- TTY Statement

Re: TTY Statement - "Itsmorrissey" on Twitter is NOT Morrissey

How could Morrissey be completely unaware that his record company has been tweeting on his behalf? Someone f***ed up. Makes me wonder to what extent he's actually been involved with this recent string of promotional ventures...

An anonymous person posted the link:

Statement - true-to-you.net

I would like to stress that I do not have either a Twitter or a Facebook account. I gather that a Twitter account has been opened in my name - as 'It's Morrissey' - but it is NOT Morrissey. I do not know who has opened this recent Twitter account, but please be aware that it is bogus. That's, of course, if you should remotely care.

Untwitterably yours,
MORRISSEY
Salt Lake City
15 May 2014.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:

Someone needs some lunch and a good tug. Dayumm, grumpy.

Called it.

It's Harvest, just trying to hustle for promotion.

It's good they're trying, but bad for lying to the public by "confirming" it was Morrissey.

Twitter Not

As the late great Frankie Howerd
Would have said !

Hazard Twitter
A sunny england day in may.

I believed it was him for the first 2 tweets.

After that it didn't come across as him at all.

Yeyyyy! My faith is restored in you Morrissey...I adore you once again. I hoped it wasn't true :)

Let's say it is the record company. Why can't he just say, "hey, it's not me but the record company wanted to get info about the tour album and me quickly. So don't think it's me tweeting, ok"

If it's someone else. Good one. Links to buy iTunes and everything. If it was someone else try would have said some crazy stuff to stir a little.

Even the first two tweets were too Morrissey for Morrissey, they were like a caricature of him.

I think it's about perception. Britney Spears uses twitter and it is Britney, the brand, not Britney, the person, but the account is official. I think when the record company says it is Morrissey they mean that it is an official account for the entity called "Morrissey." Or maybe they are in show business in 2014 and know this is how it works. If he doesn't know he has a twitter account it's probably becasue he isn't participating as much as he could be. I am sure they tried to discuss this at some time.

He's kind of stupid to piss on all the fans that followed him overnight and on his record company. #sameoldstory

The internet was ablaze with excitement when people were under the impression that Morrissey was on twitter. It was a pretty big deal for a few days, off and on his fan sites. It seems ridiculously dumb to me that he didn't take this opportunity to open his own twitter account as a means of both self promotion and giving fans a little more insight into his world. Do our desires mean nothing to the man?

The internet was ablaze with excitement when people were under the impression that Morrissey was on twitter. It was a pretty big deal for a few days, off and on his fan sites. It seems ridiculously dumb to me that he didn't take this opportunity to open his own twitter account as a means of both self promotion and giving fans a little more insight into his world. Do our desires mean nothing to the man?

I'd hope our desires mean nothing to him, that's what has always made him so great - he's always been true to himself.

Well someone at Harvest is about to die. Does he know he's going to have to sit down and sign all of those books again?

Haha Morrissey is a right miserable old c*** isn't he?

I also this is hilarious how loads of news articles and celebrities have been banging on about it too. f***ing lol

I think it's about perception. Britney Spears uses twitter and it is Britney, the brand, not Britney, the person, but the account is official. I think when the record company says it is Morrissey they mean that it is an official account for the entity called "Morrissey." Or maybe they are in show business in 2014 and know this is how it works. If he doesn't know he has a twitter account it's probably becasue he isn't participating as much as he could be. I am sure they tried to discuss this at some time.

He's kind of stupid to piss on all the fans that followed him overnight and on his record company. #sameoldstory

Please be honest--you work for Harvest, don't you.

I dunno, I'm not convinced by Morrissey words. If you see there is a check mark in the @itsmorrissey account and this is to guarantee that that account was verified and corresponds to the person it intends to be. In which level Twitter does that I dunno, but its very common in celebrities accounts. So, he may not know, but this account, in my humble opinion, belongs to him. And the account as stated is NOT that new as Morrissey says, it's from June 2009!!!! Harverst was not even a dream at that time, so who create it, of course, gave the password for the one that is tweeting now. First two tweeters were so Mozzzzz....

Last edited:

I wonder who Crystal Geezer ended up sending a picture of her vagina to, then?

"An anonymous person posted the link"? Umm...no? I did, in the Moz-on-Twitter-thread.

Serves me right for bothering with this hell hole.

My friends, my friends my friends, can't you see that Morrissey has been blogging and tweeting for a long time now--Morrisseysworld and Not Morrissey on Twitter.

He is part of the Blue Rose Society, and he is right here!

Come join us at Followint the Mozziah!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom