Jesus of Nazareth, known as "J-dogg" by some

What is your opinion of Jesus?

• Total voters
You would love London in the Spring, Aubs. The death and resurrection of Jesus is nowhere to be mentioned. But Ramadan - yea, let's switch on those lights...

I am looking through the hadith to see if Mohammed should properly be known as "Mo-mo" or "Mo-dogg." Or maybe it's something else.

You would love London in the Spring, Aubs. The death and resurrection of Jesus is nowhere to be mentioned. But Ramadan - yea, let's switch on those lights...

That is magnificent. Glory be to Allah! That the Ramadan festivities have gotten these "Kev & Alex" blowhards so furious is precisely why I am a Muslim in the same way Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a Christian. Talk TV, if it's a network, looks like your British version of Fox News.

I am looking through the hadith to see if Mohammed should properly be known as "Mo-mo" or "Mo-dogg." Or maybe it's something else.
There are no nicknames for the prophet, alayhi as-salām, and no cartoons. This thread could get Moz Solo into all sorts of trouble.

There are no nicknames for the prophet, alayhi as-salām, and no cartoons. This thread could get Moz Solo into all sorts of trouble.

That all depends on your sect of Islam. There are Christians who would consider "J-dogg" disrespectful and even blasphemous. Meanwhile, I have found the proper sobriquet for Mohammed. It is DaReal1Not2BF*ckedWit(PBUH).

I’m sure I’ve read articles in Les Inrockuptibles where they’ve nicknamed Morrissey “Momo”

Edit: I was right - of course. Let’s pray to god, Allah, j-dogg, beelzebub … anyone, that these articles don’t summon La Folk Devil.
IMG_9745.jpeg

IMG_9746.jpeg

Last edited:
M-dogg sounds derivative of J-dogg, and Mohammed is the greater prophet, so he deserves the greater sobriquet. "M to the Mo" perhaps.
Yes, Mo or Mojo perhaps? Has turning to Islam made you find your Mojo, Aubs?
In Xinjiang the Chinese government has banned anyone giving the name 'Mohammed' to newborns on the grounds that it might stir up religious extremism. You've got to hand it to the commies. Just right too.

Last edited:
In Xinjiang the Chinese government has banned anyone giving the name 'Mohammed' to newborns on the grounds that it might stir up religious extremism. You got to hand it to the commies. Just right too.
“You got” - no. No, no, no.

Thanks for giving us a glimpse into how your religious manias begin, audrey. I always wondered. I should say that you're probably not offending Jesus as much as you'd like. Jesus understands the hearts and minds even of people with autism.

Mojo has pagan origins, so it could never be Mojo. Pagans are not even people of the book. It might be DaReal1Not2BF*ckedWit(PBUH), but as you rightly pointed out earlier, in most schools of Islam nicknames for the prophet are forbidden. My own sect is Ikhwān Al-Ṣafā, or Brethren of Purity (unique for their tract called The Case of the Animals versus Man Before the King of the Jinn, in which the animals seek to impeach mankind for its unrelenting cruelties toward them). Unfortunately this sect is either extinct now or truly very esoteric if it persists, which is why I have no mosque to attend or imam to consult with. So I am finding it difficult to learn the correct precepts and practices. I think I should proceed with caution. I will not use a nickname for Mohammed, nor one for Jesus either, since Jesus was a beloved prophet of Allah. "J-dogg" will be henceforth haram.

In Xinjiang the Chinese government has banned anyone giving the name 'Mohammed' to newborns on the grounds that it might stir up religious extremism. You've got to hand it to the commies. Just right too.

Allah will repay.

Thanks for giving us a glimpse into how your religious manias begin, audrey. I always wondered. I should say that you're probably not offending Jesus as much as you'd like. Jesus understands the hearts and minds even of people with autism.

This is actually unlike any religious interest I've ever had. It is merely an opposition to things like Ayaan Hirsi Ali's calculating embrace of Christianity, or Dasha Nekrasova being "Catholic ironically, like Warhol." I could've just as well chosen to be "woke" instead of Muslim, but Islam has the better aesthetics.

This is actually unlike any religious interest I've ever had. It is merely an opposition to things like Ayaan Hirsi Ali's calculating embrace of Christianity, or Dasha Nekrasova being "Catholic ironically, like Warhol." I could've just as well chosen to be "woke" instead of Muslim, but Islam has the better aesthetics.
You may see it that way subjectively, but I'm telling you how I see it objectively

I just had a brainwave!! WHAT IF the garden of eden were on another planet and when Adam & Eve sinned they were cast off of that planet onto planet earth!!!

Mojo has pagan origins, so it could never be Mojo. Pagans are not even people of the book. It might be DaReal1Not2BF*ckedWit(PBUH), but as you rightly pointed out earlier, in most schools of Islam nicknames for the prophet are forbidden. My own sect is Ikhwān Al-Ṣafā, or Brethren of Purity (unique for their tract called The Case of the Animals versus Man Before the King of the Jinn, in which the animals seek to impeach mankind for its unrelenting cruelties toward them). Unfortunately this sect is either extinct now or truly very esoteric if it persists, which is why I have no mosque to attend or imam to consult with. So I am finding it difficult to learn the correct precepts and practices. I think I should proceed with caution. I will not use a nickname for Mohammed, nor one for Jesus either, since Jesus was a beloved prophet of Allah. "J-dogg" will be henceforth haram.

Allah will repay.
Islam certainly has pagan origins too, as demonstrated by the 'Satanic verses' and the Kaaba stone in Mecca.
You have to feel some sympathy for poor Jesus though - slowly being erased from history and culture. He will be turning in his sepulchre...even if Easter was named after a Germanic goddess of spring.

Tags
christianity edith sitwell jesus religion
Back
Top Bottom