Johnny Marr / Instagram: "Back in the same spot 38 years later. Camden Electric Ballroom. 21st May 1983."

Not a usual post from Marr:

johnnymarrgram_20210923_p_2669312727216302805_2_2669312718760690924.jpg
johnnymarrgram_20210923_p_2669312727216302805_1_2669312718744042773.jpg

FWD.

Read Morrissey's autobiography. He doesn't feel the need to look back. He has established a successful and legendary solo career.
It was a rhetorical question. I'm in line with others these days. Stop letting small shit get in the way of something as monumental as those two working with one another again. I'm well aware of what Moz has done and established without The Smiths, but it all started THERE with Marr.

... São Paulo, Rio, Buenos Aires, Mexico, Santiago, Lima, Tokyo, New York, Paris, Manchester, London, Berlin, Warsaw, Tel Aviv...
YEs Buenos Aires, Rio CHILE JAJA I'm already in the recitals of Moz and Johnny!!!!!!

Moz should get an apolgy from Marr's ungrateful smug of a son, before any talk of renunion can take place. Morrissey has recently shown he can forgive people and reunite with them like Kristeen Young, Alain Whyte.
J Marr's son has nothing to do with it, it's someone else who. they must make contact are Moz Marr regardless of the rest of the people, the people and I include myself, does not ask that The Smiths return to make another album etc, what we want is that these two tour and sing the Smiths songs

No my daughter was as she likes Blossoms, Johnny and Courteeners, so a great day for her. I had the nightmare of picking her up but the upside was I was able to get some fuel at the 24hr station at Handforth :ROFLMAO:

Fantastic to watch a member of an iconic Manchester band belting out one of their best songs to a massive Manc crowd. Be nice to see Morrissey back in Manchester at some point.

Johnny is a fantastic musician, a genuinely lovely person, but he's no singer

Johnny playing Big Mouth in Manchester on Saturday night.

Awesome full house, and I'm glad. I love Morrissey very much he is my absolute weakness, his solo career is excellent, but I love The Smiths for Moz and for Johnny, so if Johnny does well I am glad. Time passes and Moz so reflective by these times has to think that this is the time to sing with Johnny and to talk again, to be at peace, both are very important to themselves they love each other and will relieve their souls and hearts with a reunion

Johnny is a fantastic musician, a genuinely lovely person, but he's no singer
Agreed... but does he have to be a good singer??
No not really ..
I seen him in Manchester in 2013.
It was a great evening.. It was JM playing guitar in Manchester. The crowed didn’t give a toss about his voice as he was playing Smith song and comet songs ..

In conclusion....
Seeing JM play Smiths songs is something of beauty.

Just a few shows with Johnny and Morrissey would be beyond amazing. Even if it’s a short two weeks in Vegas or wherever…What is the big deal between the two now anyway?
Just a few shows with Paul and Ringo would be beyond amazing. Even if it’s a short two weeks in Vegas or wherever…What is the big deal between the two now anyway?l

Answer: They don’t want to do it and NOBODY wants to see it.

Fak Arf with this nonsense. Go hit the Manilow show. 🤪

:lbf:

nobody missed Moz voice because Moz is not reduced to do
opening sets for teenage bands, the Cvunteers of all possible sucky bands:lbf:

in fact Moz doesnt do opening set due to his success, but poor
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, at 60 has to do opening sets unless he wants to play
to his 25 docile trolls. 60 yr old and STILL reduced to opening for
teenager groupsdoh:

poor twat is oblivious as to how ridiculous he looks " it'll be
worth the wait". and then comes back and sings a buckethead
version of a Moz song.

then he posts on his dumb FB as if the Cvunteers are opening for him.:censored:
he may need BGV, the nutter twat here, to psycho analyze him.

no word to describe this sordid situation but an utter shanda:hammer:
Well, enough of speaking ill of Marr. Moz is a genius like no other the best without a doubt, but Johnny is Smiths' guitar as personal as Morrissey's art, style, lyrics, you place them both as if they were enemies and they are not. They had something very strong a lot of chemistry and very deep feelings for music so they definitely long to see and play together and that's about to happen, I promise you

Moz should get an apolgy from Marr's ungrateful smug of a son, before any talk of renunion can take place. Morrissey has recently shown he can forgive people and reunite with them like Kristeen Young, Alain Whyte.
NOBODY owes your man-child an apology.

Exactly!! We already know who and what quality of singer had and has The Smiths, but the guitar is the other essential part, then if you listen to that guitar doing any song of them, you are flying, also when Moz sings them you would also like that guitar to be there.... but you still appreciate that I sing it. So imagine what it would be like if these 2 almitas go up to play for all of us!!!!!! Come on Mozuliss accepts if Johnny proposes it to you, please !!!! Give us the taste Mozzzzz

Agreed... but does he have to be a good singer??
No not really ..
I seen him in Manchester in 2013.
It was a great evening.. It was JM playing guitar in Manchester. The crowed didn’t give a toss about his voice as he was playing Smith song and comet songs ..

In conclusion....
Seeing JM play Smiths songs is something of beauty.
Johnny has been working extremely hard on his vocal performance. Anyone who’s seen him a few times over the past 15 years will know this, as he’s improved - immeasurably.

A Johnny f***ing Marr show is always a proper gem. :)

Johnny has been working extremely hard on his vocal performance. Anyone who’s seen him a few times over the past 15 years will know this, as he’s improved - immeasurably.

:rolleyes:

WTF? A GEM?:crazy:

is this JR 'FOKO' Marr:)

SR is getting worse by the mini gig, he used to sing like a :frogface:
now he sounds like a frog caterwauling into a🪤

suffer the poor 👂
:hammer:

o_O

only a crazy docile person :crazy:
would even suggest for Moz
to put any of that sucky :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
comet music on his own albums FFS
that sucky Shiva Power song on a Moz album???:censored:

:hammer:

Johnny made a very big mistake by trying to sing and attempting to write lyrics. What is really confounding is that he seemed to be well aware of these limitations when taking his first steps at building a solo career, consequently teaming with Matt Johnson and then Bernard Sumner. These were good decisions for him and "Dusk" with Matt Johnson is Johnny's most - and many would say only - memorable post Smiths work that he played on. And yes, seeing Johnny playing guitar live is a lot of fun, but who exactly would want to hear that deficient singing voice along with the cringey lyrics that he now slings. When it is all said and done, Johnny's poor solo career decisions have inadvertently served to underscore how much Morrissey's solo career has excelled and thrived in comparison.

Johnny made a very big mistake by trying to sing and attempting to write lyrics. What is really confounding is that he seemed to be well aware of these limitations when taking his first steps at building a solo career, consequently teaming with Matt Johnson and then Bernard Sumner. These were good decisions for him and "Dusk" with Matt Johnson is Johnny's most - and many would say only - memorable post Smiths work that he played on. And yes, seeing Johnny playing guitar live is a lot of fun, but who exactly would want to hear that deficient singing voice along with the cringey lyrics that he now slings. When it is all said and done, Johnny's poor solo career decisions have inadvertently served to underscore how much Morrissey's solo career has excelled and thrived in comparison.

Yeah, a huge mistake to have 50,000 people singing along with you at a show, getting signed to the major label that dropped Morrissey, having his new single get massive airplay, going on a stadium tour in the US with the Killers...all terrible mistakes, poor Johnny. Whatever will he do? Oh well, I guess he'll stick to playing on the James Bond soundtrack and maybe he'll get some more work in Hollywood.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom