‘The Answer’
‘Dynamo’
‘Spiral Cities’
‘Night and Day’
‘Sensory Street’
‘Walk Into The Sea’
‘Candidate’
‘Tenement Time’

ALl AbOuT tHe MonEy!!!!! THiNnEsT GrUeL!!!

I actually like the new song 'Somewhere'. Is it new? I don't remember it from other albums.
I still think he's a bit weak lyrically but I really like the music. I think he sounds more like Johnny than he has in a while.

I actually like the new song 'Somewhere'. Is it new? I don't remember it from other albums.
I still think he's a bit weak lyrically but I really like the music. I think he sounds more like Johnny than he has in a while.

Yes it's new he played it on the latest tour, there's also another new one called The Answer.

In my opinion a lot of Morrissey's output is great, some of Marr's is great and no your comment is not anti Marr but it is just your opinion.

Yes it's new he played it on the latest tour, there's also another new one called The Answer.
I will have to check out the other one, I think 'Somewhere" is better than anything I've heard from the 2 latest and unreleased Morrisey albums. Also, I think Johnny's new haircut really suits him.

No 'I Want The Heartbeat' or 'European Me' - both could've easily been on this list. I always wonder about the 'selection process' with these kind of releases.

Already owning Johnny's solo albums, I'm not thrilled about these 'Best Of' packages, though I understand the request for one came from BMG. On the more positive side, the double CD version contains 5 demos/alternate version, 2 brand new songs, and 2 songs which I don't think have appeared on CD before. So 9 new (or new-ish) songs make it a worthwhile dip for £15.

There's also picture discs! That's what I've ordered.

Already owning Johnny's solo albums, I'm not thrilled about these 'Best Of' packages, though I understand the request for one came from BMG. On the more positive side, the double CD version contains 5 demos/alternate version, 2 brand new songs, and 2 songs which I don't think have appeared on CD before. So 9 new (or new-ish) songs make it a worthwhile dip for £15.
Yes I'm going for that as well, looks like it comes some with sort of book too

There's also picture discs! That's what I've ordered.

I believe the picture discs are via his website only.
HMV are meant to be doing a ltd. cobalt blue vinyl version too.
FWD.

I appreciate the decision to add new songs, bundle it with the guitar book and try to make it worth buying for people who already own most of these, but I'm not really sold.

"The Tracers" and "Upstarts" seem like big omissions and it would be nice to see some tracks swapped out for earlier session cuts like Slow Emotion Replay, Sexuality, Dashboard for a 'real' Best Of. The sheer amount of bundles, formats, signed versions and limited editions on his official site feels unnecessary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom