Johnny Marr releases The Best of

I appreciate the decision to add new songs, bundle it with the guitar book and try to make it worth buying for people who already own most of these, but I'm not really sold.

"The Tracers" and "Upstarts" seem like big omissions and it would be nice to see some tracks swapped out for earlier session cuts like Slow Emotion Replay, Sexuality, Dashboard for a 'real' Best Of. The sheer amount of bundles, formats, signed versions and limited editions on his official site feels unnecessary.
Would love a compilation of Marr extracurricular work like this (I do have a Mojo free cover CD that is similar). The new Kirsty MacBook box coming out (which has multiple Marr collaborations) has a dedicated disc very much like that.

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think he's played ANY Boomerang songs live since The Messenger came out.
I think he's pretty much disowned that record. I made the mistake of asking Johnny about 'Boomslang' once at a meet and greet, and he karate chopped me in the privates.

Is it me or do his arms/hands look like they're mimicking the Kill Uncle cover?

Is it me or do his arms/hands look like they're mimicking the Kill Uncle cover?

omg! you’re right!

expect another open-letter to be posted soon.

The album cover looks terrible, like something you would see in Poundland's bargain bins. The new single is like all of his solo work - generic, nondescript indie with superior guitar playing

The album cover looks terrible, like something you would see in Poundland's bargain bins. The new single is like all of his solo work - generic, nondescript indie with superior guitar playing

Yeah, it does look a lot like the cover of Kill Uncle. But more importantly, it's actually being released.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Very nice looking vinyl!

I was too late, sold out! They were just announced today, 750 copies sold! And this is like the 4th or 5th vinyl variant, which is why I hesitated. I looked on eBay and naturally they are going for 2 - 3 times as much. Our Johnny must be hot stuff.

Back
Top Bottom