Jonathan Ross quits BBC

I still hold a grudge from him mocking us at the Roundhouse when Morrissey left the stage.

Agreed, and I hope he does piss off and annoy the americans, (i give him 6 months, they'll never stand his awful smut humour)

oh happy day. :)

Wow, that is some good pay for only a couple of days a week work. He must have something else in the works to drop his current position.

Being from the USA, I know of him but am not that familiar with him to know whether he is any good at what he does or not. The little I saw of him was him interviewing Morrissey.

Actually he does three shows for BBC (Film 2010, Friday Night with J Ross and Radio 2 show).

Film 2010 involves watching latest releases, reviewing those films, doing interviews with actors and directors as well.

He actually works more than you think.

Last edited:
Actually he does three shows for BBC (Film 2010, Friday Night with J Ross and Radio 2 show).

Film 2010 involves watching latest releases, doing interviews with actors and directors as well.

I'll take a fraction of his pay to watch the "latest releases".

I quite like his radio show & 'Film'

I like the suggestion that the BBC will use the savings from his salary to make better quality programmes because as we all know, that's EXACTLY how it works. :crazy:

Film 2010 involves watching latest releases, reviewing those films, doing interviews with actors and directors as well.

You think he bothers watching the films?
Someone else will do that and write the script. Woss just turns up and reads the autocue.

Jukebox Jury

I quite like his radio show & 'Film'

I like the suggestion that the BBC will use the savings from his salary to make better quality programmes because as we all know, that's EXACTLY how it works. :crazy:

I didn't say they will do that:rolleyes:.... I said they should do that

Jukebox Jury

I thought he quit last year after the prank phone call. Please don't send him to America. Also, take back Russell Brand and "Posh and Becks". :thumb:

I still hold a grudge from him mocking us at the Roundhouse when Morrissey left the stage.

I read the fans pelted them with things. If you pelted me with things, I'd mock you too. Especially if you were throwing things at me because my friend was too ill to continue the show.

If I had been there, I would have been mad three funny British comedians were pelted off the stage. It's not like Morrissey was coming back, so I'd at least have been interested to hear what they had to say, could have been interesting.

So many people here are so negative about absolutely EVERYTHING. "Kittens and puppies, I hate them. Ice cream, it's absolutely disgusting, rather have someone fart in my face."

I read the fans pelted them with things. If you pelted me with things, I'd mock you too. Especially if you were throwing things at me because my friend was too ill to continue the show.

If I had been there, I would have been mad three funny British comedians were pelted off the stage. It's not like Morrissey was coming back, so I'd at least have been interested to hear what they had to say, could have been interesting.
So many people here are so negative about absolutely EVERYTHING. "Kittens and puppies, I hate them. Ice cream, it's absolutely disgusting, rather have someone fart in my face."

What they had to say was boring. And one of them was taking pictures of a very angry audience with his mobile phone camera. Hilarious.

Agreed, and I hope he does piss off and annoy the americans, (i give him 6 months, they'll never stand his awful smut humour)

oh happy day. :)

Smut humour goes over very well here in the US. I know I like it.

People weren't there to see his friends, though, and you're rewriting what happened. To these "funny" comedians it appeared to be a joke at the crowd's expense, and it did not go over well. People were upset and felt they were being mocked. It wasn't handled well.

"My friend was too ill to continue the show and when my attempt at making fun of the situation in front of a very disappointed crowd provided them with a perfect target to vent their frustrations and/or I simply acted like an asshole they threw things at me" :tears:

I suggest you to listen his show online if you can.

When PJ Harvey was on his radio show, Wossy admitted that he even hadn't listened her award winning album 'Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea'.

So *you're* one of the five people still listening to radio. I was wondering who that was.

I don't like pretty much anything on radio, including the Mighty Boosh and Russell Brand, though I'm glad I didn't dismiss their better work on the basis of their radio work. I figured radio was all pretty much just unscripted rubbish they put on to fill the time and sell adverts.

There's mainly just one radio show I bother listening to (the wonderful Democracy Now), and that's only because I can't watch the TV version of it.

That's the way I feel about the huge salaries of sports athletes.

Ross will be doing great... earning more money, relaxing by the pool in sunny LA next to Moz and Russell Brand.

I have to wonder if people think he's greedy just because he gets paid a lot, and think he's a sycophant just because he's friendly and congenial. The two aren't the same. We hate it when our friends become successful.

Urgh but no, he's OVERLY friendly and overly familar. I physically cringed when he started talking about his daughter during Moz's interview in 2004, it was so painfully obvious he was trying to impress Morrissey...it's pathetic. I don't know a single Brit who likes him (cue all British folk on these boards stepping forward to declare their undying love for him...) and I genuinely wonder if his open and honest style is more suited to America. That's not a criticism btw merely a pondering on the differences in our culture. Scarlet, you are welcome to him :thumb:. I'm just happy I no longer have to see that gurning mug stick his head up various peoples arses every week.

They weren't being pelted with things untill they tried to leave the venue from what I remember anyways..Russell Brand ran right by me and out the emergency exit as he was being pelted with whatever garbage the punters could get their hands on.

Jonathan Ross mocking everyone and taking photos was a little uncalled for. There was a big crush before the show even started in the front so it was already very tense when shit went down. Kris Pooley trying to sing Boy Happy when Moz walked off the stage didn't help matters :rolleyes:

I read the fans pelted them with things. If you pelted me with things, I'd mock you too. Especially if you were throwing things at me because my friend was too ill to continue the show.QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
They weren't being pelted with things untill they tried to leave the venue from what I remember anyways..

Jonathan Ross mocking everyone and taking photos was a little uncalled for. There was a big crush before the show even started in the front so it was already very tense when shit went down.

The video doesn't really make it clear to me who started the ugliness, but I've seen the ugliness of Morrissey fans first hand, and it can be pretty, um, "proactive." The video doesn't start early enough, as the booing had already begun. The video does show Walliams and Ross leaving *because* something was thrown at Walliams, before he had even said a word.

The video shows Ross pointing and laughing at someone or something, but it isn't clear what provoked him to do that.

Anyhow, forum members here love mocking anything and everything, with little concern about anyone's feelings. So it seems highly likely to me that many people here would have behaved exactly the same way, just without the £ 6 million yearly salary. Which is probably part of the reason for the anger: sour grapes.

It's also interesting that he's accused of being both sycophantically nice, and also mocking. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, it seems.

Tags
stfu
Back
Top Bottom