Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Sep. 5, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Morning Starship / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Never Had No One Ever / Half A Person / Love Is On Its Way Out / Satan Rejected My Soul / The Lazy Sunbathers / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Lady Willpower / Back On The Chain Gang / Irish Blood, English Heart // Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Cynthia Medellin's FB broadcast & FWD

• Photos posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited:
But it seems more complicated than just saying press go. Thanks for your replies anyway.

But for N.O I would think their drummer is playing to a click because of all the electronics involved, more automized.
Where as M it’s more fluid, so I’d imagine the lighting person to some extent knows the song but would make slight changes along the way(?).

Yes you’re right and he triggers the lights at the start of the songs.

But it seems more complicated than just saying press go. Thanks for your replies anyway.

But for N.O I would think their drummer is playing to a click because of all the electronics involved, more automized.
Where as M it’s more fluid, so I’d imagine the lighting person to some extent knows the song but would make slight changes along the way(?).

It really isn't more complicated than that.

I thought for most big artists like Morrissey, New Order etc, the lighting element of the shows was computerised rather than manual. New Order in the main rehearse at the drummers barn but for final rehearsals they use the full light show to ensure it's all choreographed correctly to the music. Here's a pic of their crew taking everything down from their rehearsal space ready for their shows this week and the 2nd pic is it all set up again in Halifax last night ready for tonights gig.

View attachment 76120View attachment 76119

Everything runs on programs, we use QLab. And you always have techs. But there's no reason why you couldn't take something out, or add something in at the last minute & all the operator needs to do is set it up or know the cue.

Edit - when I was a student we used the fat frog. State of it. 💞

20210908_172737.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point. He seemed amused with the reaction to Deano Butterscotch on Quarry tour and TV slots back then. Deano didn't last long but maybe he just wanted to do something different.
Deano is an accountant with drum sticks. He goes where the $ is. He was offered to return but declined. He plays with Good Charlotte.

This is my Facebook Live rip of the gig broadcast (shared by Cynthia Medellin) which was already shared in this thread.
I named the file and it's my link from WeTransfer you are sharing.
Nice of you to take credit though.
(Perhaps check the thread before presenting something as your efforts maybe?)
FWD.
I take back my thank you then.

Alain will hopefully be back for the time being, which would make sense as he and Morrissey are writing songs together. I really liked his interactions with Solomon...
I've been hoovering up as many YT vids as I can for the shows. Really like this one of the IBEH ending, from a great spot at the front (from MOZfreek00). Though Moz is off to the right somewhere tangling with the crowd it catches the band together really well.

WhyteWalkerVegas_MOZfreek00.jpg
EndVegas_MOZfreek00.jpg
EndVegas0_MOZfreek00.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom