Liverpool - Empire Theatre (July 18, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / Our Frank / Knockabout World / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of whichway2 via setlist.fm

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunak, Sadiq Khan and Zelensky questions begin at 4:00 min.
I think (I would hope) that the idea was to ask about two leaders/politicians who he thinks are rubbish, then one he approves of to show a contrast, and he was hoping for a unanimous 'yes' for Zelenskyy. Or maybe he hates them all.

I caught, 'You got two out of three, which is not very impressive [...] Give us a chance!'
But it seems the audience booed all three of them...

That’s basically the story.
I was there on the night, it was a plastic bottle of water but it looked almost full.
That coming at you through the glare of a spotlight would be quite the shock and although it was awful to see Moz walk off stage after only two songs (This Charming Man. Black Cloud) I couldn’t really blame him. Support was from Doll & The Kicks who played a great set so it wasn’t an entirely wasted evening.
And let's not forget he'd collapsed at another show only a few nights before. As someone with his record for cancelling, it had probably taken a lot to get on stage for that show. And that was the thanks he got.

I have one more question. As I understand it, the Empire Theater is all seated. If so , did people from the queue list took places in front of the stage ( standing in a front row ) , no matter what seats they have bought ?

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / Our Frank / Knockabout World / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of whichway2 via setlist.fm
I was the first to get up and hug Morrissey does anyone have any footage ?

sam_esty_rayner_photography-19072023-0002.jpg
sam_esty_rayner_photography-19072023-0001.jpg

SER.

Stop me If you think someone posted this one before

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that. Mr Shankly was a nice surprise (even as a Man Utd fan). Some weird quips but I actually enjoyed the majority of the set list. I must be in the minority that I like Knockabout World and quite a few others from IANADOAC! Quite a few Smiths ones to please the casuals but I have to agree it's funny to spot them when the pause comes in Speedway!

Also, I need to join the Carmen crush line. I felt like a stupid teenager!

And I got a signed Viva Hate.

He did it, the bastard worked his magic somehow and I loved the whole thing and I'm right back there as a superfan. Fame, fame, fickle fame!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom