"Low In High School" released (Nov. 17, 2017)

Low In High School is out now.
41311_low_in_high_school.jpg

It's interesting that I Bury the Living seems to be amongst the most disliked tracks.

To me, it reflects brilliantly on my own year in the military service and the Afgan veterans who trained us there. Wretched outcasts with no point of view. Peace-making heroes, answerable only to Jesus, bitterly doing the job they love. Mothers and families fooling themselves.

And of course the ending - that's some lovely yodeling.

Overall, the album is a massive disappointment. I miss the energy of the first live recordings on YouTube. Glad I only ordered the cassette.

I’m indifferent to the lyric I just don’t care for the song that much. I actually really like the piano torch songs though they are somber. I think the album pretty good. I hope he does more piano led songs in the future as I think they worked for him. Am also loving the lyrics to the girl who wouldn’t

Well you cannot read as I said before.
I love criticism just as much as anyone, I love Bowie but recognize his poor work when I see it. Same with Moz.
You’re in the blind hate-brigade who ridicule and berate everyone who dare say anything positive about the man that this once great website was set up in tribute to.
20 years ago, when Moz released an equally poor-received album like Maladjusted you were in the blind love-brigade and would oppose anyone who dared say otherwise.
In other words you and your ilk (thankfully only 3 or 4 of hundreds of decent users here) hate your older self and will spend your remaining years showing your regret on these very pages.
How f***ing hilarious!

Try and get some rest. It's going to take time for you to adjust to the new critical consensus. Don't be harsh with yourself! Don't feel you have to lash out at others because they threaten your views....spend the day in bed...don't watch the news...don't read any more reviews of Low In High School...they just contrive to...frighten you!!!

Ah, I certainly never expected you to like this album after all the bile you posted here the last decade or so ;)
Seems strange that you did.

For me it’s on par with World Peace, an album I also greatly enjoyed, despite it’s flaws.

I like Instanbul & Mount Joy. Two great songs.

No great songs to be found on High School. I don’t like preachy, finger pointing, accusing Morrissey.

What a bitter old man he turned out to be.

Maybe that’s projection, I don’t hear that at all.
Try the graceful Israel, certainly this album’s Mountjoy. Also nothing bitter about songs like Home is a Question Mark or When You Open Your Kegs, just classic Moz!

Sadly, theres a very good chance when the record arrives, it will remain in shrink wrap on my shelf.
Dont hate it. Dont love it. Feel very cheated and empty upon listening. I miss the 90's mozzer.

Maybe that’s projection, I don’t hear that at all.
Try the graceful Israel, certainly this album’s Mountjoy. Also nothing bitter about songs like Home is a Question Mark or When You Open Your Kegs, just classic Moz!

Generally I advise against sedatives and anti-anxyolitics but tonight is different. You need to crash and sleep. You're not in any fit state to try and defend Morrissey. 'Try the graceful Israel' is a desperate plea for help. I hope your friends and family stage an intervention and disconnect you from the internet until you have had some restorative REM sleep and can find a way to assimilate the horrible reviews today. I will light a candle for you. Your faith is in Morrissey is touching even if it is worryingly delusional.

Ah, I certainly never expected you to like this album after all the bile you posted here the last decade or so ;)
Seems strange that you did.

For me it’s on par with World Peace, an album I also greatly enjoyed, despite it’s flaws.

I still find “World Peace” has many poor offerings. Just listen to “Kick The Bride”. A song that clearly shows how much he loathes women. I truly despise him for releasing that piece of shite. How can you go on defending him if he writes lyrics like that?

It surpasses WPINOYB but feels like the right continuation musically and lyrically from that album, and ultimately in the right direction. I feel Morrissey has said all he needs to about the world and its troubles, politically, and I look forward to a more intimate and personal album next time.

Viva Morrissey!

I also hope the next album shows us a more introspective Morrissey and much less clumsily political. "The Defenestration of St Martin" by Martin Rossiter mentioned earlier in this thread is a good example of what I'm getting at.

Try and get some rest. It's going to take time for you to adjust to the new critical consensus. Don't be harsh with yourself! Don't feel you have to lash out at others because they threaten your views....spend the day in bed...don't watch the news...don't read any more reviews of Low In High School...they just contrive to...frighten you!!!

L M F A O !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I pre-ordered the record (like 4 different ways, the French version, the 7" version, the cassette) from the US Mporium and like a dumb arse, I assumed I would receive it on release day (I know I know)

Did anyone else think that.. Or receive the mailed version?

I still find “World Peace” has many poor offerings. Just listen to “Kick The Bride”. A song that clearly shows how much he loathes women. I truly despise him for releasing that piece of shite. How can you go on defending him if he writes lyrics like that?

It’s not exactly like he doesn’t loathe men either, isn’t it? :rolleyes:

But not all the time I guess. :D
It is just “a”, one, song.
And it isn’t even sure that song, “Kick The Bride”, is about him. From his POV, I mean.

And would that song really say it all about his opinion on women in general? For ever?

Hmm, I doubt about that. I don’t know and he is always been ambiguous about that as many other issues.

Why can’t you give him some more artistic freedom, just like a writer has when he creates fictional characters, people, that are not one dimensional likeable but have flaws and could be unsympathetic?

I mean, you don’t have to like them.
Or the song and what it says.

Have a wodka, without ice!

Cheers Eric :thumb:

It seems as though someone's only just discovered cunnilingus?! Great opener and great music throughout and yes some ham-fisted lyrical content as we've come to expect. That said, it's fun to read to 'reviews' of the impotent on this site, you know who you are ... love the bullet points and individual track ratings, wtf?!

“To adjust to the new critical consensus”?
Ha. Thanks but no.

Criticising the “yes”men following the Moz cult but adjusting to the new critical consensus is bullshit talk for politicians. When are you starting the new party?

I would vote for you, even if it supports the process.
You are taking the piss but I don’t mind.
You are funny

Back
Top Bottom