McCain's VP Choice

Right, which is why Palin's selection speaks volumes about McCain. His campaign basically dropped the pretence of dignity and integrity and instead went back to the same old "culture war" battle lines drawn years ago. They went to the mattresses. But I don't think the Republican Party is as monolithic as we fear. I still remember the days when Republicans would heartily approve of intelligent candidates like Biden. If there are enough of those people left, they might switch and turn the election in Obama's favor. Her comments about going to war with Russia, the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac blunder, the lumping together of Iraq with Al-Qaeda, not knowing the Bush Doctrine-- surely it will convince some fair-minded Republicans out there that McCain's campaign has sold its soul to the more radical elements in the party.

This is what I cannot forgive John McCain for, putting the Religious Right front-and-center again. If Palin becomes VP, then she will be the Republican candidate for president after McCain. The far-right was on the ropes, and he resurrected them and paved the way for extremist rule for the foreseeable future. I think he's truly out of his mind.

Let us pray (to whatever deity) that reasonable Republicans see this ticket for what it is - an ideological nightmare.

Today's Mark Morford's column makes me laugh and shudder at the thought of Palin at the helm.

Are You an elitist? 18 revealing ways to know for sure

I emailed this to a few people this morning - it's almost eerily funny.

One of the truly dumbest things about the support for Palin are all these hockey moms saying "she is like me", as if that is some key to being a vice president or president,because if you were to ask them if they were qualified to be president they would say no,so how can she be?

I've been listening to "talk" radio lately and some of the cable news "debate" shows.

It's interesting how people's takes differ.

Listening to the "righties" Palin mopped the floor with Gibson and she is the best and most intelligent choice ever.

"Lefties" think she is a total dunce.

I read or heard somewhere that people are saying that her baby, I don't recall it's name, is really her oldest daughter's child, the one that is currently pregnant, and she took it over and is pretending to be the mom.

And the sad fact is: They will win.

But I have to confess that I can't wait to see her in action... going all crazy about divine battles between God and some chthonian deity. And McCain calling everybody "my friends"...

oh and the rate of anal sex will increase by 500%

She pronounces "nuclear" like George.

Oh, nicely played!

But is that sexist? Even if a woman said it? We don't make jokes about men (Clinton excluded) in quite the same way.

i do, i dont really make fun of Obama too much as he seems so cautious about everything other than that bowling debacle and the bike riding photo,which may actually hurt him more than help him.

I think she's just shamelessly using her five children as a publicity stunt.

I think she's just shamelessly using her five children as a publicity stunt.

That's an unfair accusation. How could she possibly show her children on the campaign trail in such a way that she wouldn't get accused of using them as a publicity stunt? Did Al Gore use his (unimaginably hott) daughters as a publicity stunt?

The only one that I think is definitely being used here is the daughter's babydaddy. The poor guy is getting much worse than a shotgun wedding--he's being paraded on the world stage for putting his dick where he shouldn't have. That's gotta hurt.

That's an unfair accusation. How could she possibly show her children on the campaign trail in such a way that she wouldn't get accused of using them as a publicity stunt? Did Al Gore use his (unimaginably hott) daughters as a publicity stunt?

The only one that I think is definitely being used here is the daughter's babydaddy. The poor guy is getting much worse than a shotgun wedding--he's being paraded on the world stage for putting his dick where he shouldn't have. That's gotta hurt.

Well, then why was she parading them around- but you have a good point. All Presidential candidates have done the same thing, Clinton with Chelsea, Bush with the party girls, and yeah, Gore's daughters are pretty. I don't know. I just don't have a good feeling about her. You're right about the babydaddy- you KNOW that's gotta hurt. I don't have CNN anymore, so I haven't had Lou Dobbs or Wolf Blitzer to give me the scoop on Palin. I think I'll look at CNN online and read up on Palin. Shouldn't have jumped to conclusions but the one time I saw her, people were screaming with adoration about the kids.

Be afraid of white women with children who vote. Oops, that's me. :p They may be the ones who put McCain/Palin in office, especially those in Ohio, Michigan and Virginia.

"Some of McCain's biggest gains in the most recent ABC News/Washington Post poll are among white women, a group to which Palin has notable appeal: Sixty-seven percent view her favorably, and 58 percent say her selection makes them more confident in McCain's decision-making.

Among those with children, Palin does better yet. And enthusiasm for McCain among his female supporters has soared.

White women have moved from 50-42 percent in Obama's favor before the conventions to 53-41 percent for McCain now, a 20-point shift that's one of the single biggest post-convention changes in voter preferences."

^ White Women HATE! :mad: ;)

The numbers are going to balance out soon. They're still riding a wave of post-convention 'popularity'.

I like that this thread is called McCain's VP Choice and not The Sarah Palin Thread. She didn't have an identity before & still doesn't. :rolleyes:

It reminds me of my daughter's friends, calling me "Katie's Mom". After kids, you lose your name (identity) in certain circles. ;)

Tags
backwoods barbie
Back
Top Bottom