Morrissey Announces Six Night London Residency!

Someone I met last year who travelled from Japan said the residency was the best for people outside of UK.
He said November 1999 London Forums four nights residency was good value because he didn't have to make other travel arrangement.

whoohooooooooooooooo
i am so happy to hear its in one place, saves me a travelling nightmare.

and who is going to apologise to captain Tractor? hmmm :(

i am going to take him to dinner and snog his face off, LOL
(maybe)

Ahhhhhh time to start saving up, also I have nowhere to stay...do I dare suggest the idea to my parents of sleeping on the street? I would seriously sleep outside as long as I could get to the concert!

Doorways and hallways I really don't mind

Ahhhhhh time to start saving up, also I have nowhere to stay...do I dare suggest the idea to my parents of sleeping on the street? I would seriously sleep outside as long as I could get to the concert!

Doorways and hallways I really don't mind
Haha me too, even Travelodges mount up to £295 for 6 nights! :eek:

i wonder if he's coming back to the States in March because I don't have enough money to make it to London. Well....I'll start saving up.

I guess I might not make it to my first week of classes.
It's gonna cost me in more ways than one.

Haha me too, even Travelodges mount up to £295 for 6 nights! :eek:

will they sell individual concert tickets or do have to buy some package for all 6 nights? I really cannot afford 6 nights, probably only just one at most!

Just to make matters worse I am not even f***in' old enough to stay in a bloody travelodge by myself as I know my dad won't be wanting to go to London, maybe a few years ago

Yeah! All six nights here I come. Anyone knows if it easy to order tickets if you live in the EU? And does anyone has a tip for a fairly cheap hostel?

:D:D:D

good news for the UK? there is anorth and south. that of which the gap is large and takes along way to get to one or the other. six dates in london, rubbish. 2 dates in manchester, 2 in scotland and 2 in london...that would be more like it. mozzer must be desperate for money doing six days in cockney land

compared to the US, the UK is tiny and people traveled all over the US to see him the past few months. just take a train and be glad hes on your side of the pond for a bit.

will they sell individual concert tickets or do have to buy some package for all 6 nights? I really cannot afford 6 nights, probably only just one at most!

Just to make matters worse I am not even f***in' old enough to stay in a bloody travelodge by myself as I know my dad won't be wanting to go to London, maybe a few years ago

I think you will have a choice of both as you did at the LA and NY shows.

I remember those days (making myself sound older than I am...), I always had to sleep in train stations after gigs but I was young and reckless and I didn't care about having a nice pillow under my head and a comfortable bed like a do now.

I think you will have a choice of both as you did at the LA and NY shows.

I remember those days (making myself sound older than I am...), I always had to sleep in train stations after gigs but I was young and reckless and I didn't care about having a nice pillow under my head and a comfortable bed like a do now.

Are train stations the safest place to sleep...ah what a story it would be to tell, I went to see Morrissey in London on my own and had no money for accomadation so I slept in the wintery curled up tightly in the train station.

good news for the UK? there is anorth and south. that of which the gap is large and takes along way to get to one or the other. six dates in london, rubbish. 2 dates in manchester, 2 in scotland and 2 in london...that would be more like it. mozzer must be desperate for money doing six days in cockney land

Well there's a lot of us in Europe who doesn't live in the UK but still is pretty obsessive and we're greatly helped but having all the concerts in London. But if it was I real tour I would agree with you, one place 10 times is boring in a way.

Those of you looking for cheap accomadation need to organise yourselves quickly.
I crashed in New York with a crowd of people who organised in advance. Two of them hired an apartment for the week and then there was anything up to 9 people in there - in beds, on the floor, mattresses etc dividing the cost of the room between those staying per night.
So that's what you need to do.
TIP for organisers.
Get money off everyone the first minute they walk through the door, this avoids the situation on the final morning when someone who has stayed there all week claims not to have any money and can't pay:mad:

Good luck

Jukebox Jury

Are train stations the safest place to sleep...ah what a story it would be to tell, I went to see Morrissey in London on my own and had no money for accomadation so I slept in the wintery curled up tightly in the train station.

Well they're probably not that safe but I suppose they're safer than a doorway somewhere in Camden! If you look older than you are you could probably hang out in a bar with some people you met at the show and then get the first train or coach of the morning :)

Back
Top Bottom