Morrissey "not homosexual" - statement at true-to-you.net

"Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course ... not many".

-MORRISSEY, Sweden, 19 October 2013.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_131019_01

WOW! Quote of the year. Well, we heard it from the man himself--he is humansexual. And like most humansexuals, he is not attracted to all men and all women. He is selective.

I have decided, just now, that I too am humansexual. :p

Well, he clearly doesn't want to be labelled as homosexual and that's really his business and nobody else's. But he clearly is a supporter and massive fan of "gay" cultural icons throughout history. The one thing that came through the book was just how comfortable he is with his sexuality these days - the casual discussion of Jake, etc. Clearly he doesn't feel it's an issue at all; he just doesn't want to be labelled as one thing or another. That was the point of his amusing statement the other day. Some people seem to have missed the humour of it, of course, and I can't see why it would matter to anyone else anyway. If you feel he "came out" in the book you clearly misread it.

You're right. It's his business. I said that in the last paragraph. He clearly does feel it's an issue, one he had to correct. You're clearly trying to make a point but if you are not attracted to women, and you are attracted to men, guess what? You're homosexual. Maybe the humor of his post is lost on me when I think about all the young gay people that commit suicide. Mr. Barleycorn got it right. Morrissey cares about himself alone.

Terrific post.

As for your last paragraph, above all else Morrissey supports Morrissey rights. His successes are his alone, and his failures only due to others. He's the narcissists' narcissist. The book reveals levels of self-absorbtion best dealt with by professional help.

We saw the clearest evidence of this in his statements on Ireland and Norway. Those two disasterous comments, made over just three months in 2011 effectively ended his career, alienating a significant number of his fanbase, and surely giving any potential business partner significant pause for thought.
Morrissey has every right to defend his own rights and opinions, for years the gay community have called for him to become a gay spokesman and he has quite rightly ignored them, if they cannot handle that like the previous poster obviously couldn't then it is them who should " f*** off " as he so elequently put it. As for johnnybags its no surprise he labelled it a terrific post, he only agrees with posts that abuse or attack morrissey. It is he who needs professional help for being constantly on a forum about someone he clearly despises. Morrissey's career is far from over as all sane and rational fans know

Morrissey has every right to defend his own rights and opinions, for years the gay community have called for him to become a gay spokesman and he has quite rightly ignored them, if they cannot handle that like the previous poster obviously couldn't then it is them who should " f*** off " as he so elequently put it. As for johnnybags its no surprise he labelled it a terrific post, he only agrees with posts that abuse or attack morrissey. It is he who needs professional help for being constantly on a forum about someone he clearly despises. Morrissey's career is far from over as all sane and rational fans know

you rock as well

Heeheeheehee .... "lady" + "bird" :eek:

Another rejected cover...

33ndmqd.jpg

I'm done with Morrissey and his bullshit about his sexuality. I have had similar experience as he has had, including wanting to marry a woman that I had sex with and was in love with, but I'm not bisexual. I do not date women and neither does he. At least he isn't married to some actress to whom he claims to be madly in love with, like Tom Cruise did. But he came out as gay by any reasonable definition. To slither back into the closet is cowardly.

Being a attracted to a woman does not mean you are not homosexual. Being a man attracted to another man does not make you bisexual either. There is a difference between fleeting thoughts or wishful thinking and something that you would actually pursue. I have had girlfriends and I had sex with them but they chose me and I went along with it. I wanted to be straight and I actually enjoyed having sex with them but I enjoy masturbation, too. I don't know for a fact that I will never meet a woman I would pursue, but to say that I look at people without regard to their gender would be a lie.

It would be easy to say that I'm assuming Morrissey is just like me. I recognize that I'm not completely objective about it, but the way he describes his own experiences is not like he sees all people as people. He clearly divides people into two genders and his preference is for males. Preference is not even the right word. You know and I know that Morrissey might pursue a man but would never pursue any woman. He is so clearly homosexual that the whole charade has been an embarrassment for a long time. He does say he is gay in the book if gay means being attracted to men and having relationships with them while finding women to be problematic at best.

f*** Morrissey and his book. He clearly does not support gay rights and feels being gay is shameful. He is embarrassed of who he is and his explanations embarrass me for having shelves of his music. I am not that person anymore that thought he was my voice because he's not. And he didn't sign on to be. That was my mistake all along. Still, he can f*** off.

Why do you so desperately NEED Morrissey to be gay and exactly like you? I like Morrissey's new word. The more conventional term would indeed be bisexual, but there is definitely a lot of biphobia coming from those who want people to either be 100% gay or 100% straight. Maybe that's why people like Morrissey don't want any of those labels. Although humasexual is technically a new label, it feels like a less restrictive one. The most insightful comments I've seen are here -- http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/82596977.html?page=1#comments -- of all places. Surprising, since Morrissey-hate is usually the norm. I guess all the haters came (and stayed) on Solo.

Not surprising, however, is that someone here actually agreed with your vituperative, little, butthurt tantrum. You have made Morrissey out to be some kind of god: He was your gay Jesus, straight Jesus, fem Jesus, butch Jesus, whatever you imagined him to be. When he defied the impossible ideal you created in your own head, you decided that you hate him. That is really your problem, not his. Your most accurate assessment in your entire post is your admission that you are not being objective.

thank you IBIH, I whole-heartedly agree with you.
at least some folks on here are being rational about this.

I'm done with Morrissey and his bullshit about his sexuality. I have had similar experience as he has had, including wanting to marry a woman that I had sex with and was in love with, but I'm not bisexual. I do not date women and neither does he. At least he isn't married to some actress to whom he claims to be madly in love with, like Tom Cruise did. But he came out as gay by any reasonable definition. To slither back into the closet is cowardly.

Being a attracted to a woman does not mean you are not homosexual. Being a man attracted to another man does not make you bisexual either. There is a difference between fleeting thoughts or wishful thinking and something that you would actually pursue. I have had girlfriends and I had sex with them but they chose me and I went along with it. I wanted to be straight and I actually enjoyed having sex with them but I enjoy masturbation, too. I don't know for a fact that I will never meet a woman I would pursue, but to say that I look at people without regard to their gender would be a lie.

It would be easy to say that I'm assuming Morrissey is just like me. I recognize that I'm not completely objective about it, but the way he describes his own experiences is not like he sees all people as people. He clearly divides people into two genders and his preference is for males. Preference is not even the right word. You know and I know that Morrissey might pursue a man but would never pursue any woman. He is so clearly homosexual that the whole charade has been an embarrassment for a long time. He does say he is gay in the book if gay means being attracted to men and having relationships with them while finding women to be problematic at best.

f*** Morrissey and his book. He clearly does not support gay rights and feels being gay is shameful. He is embarrassed of who he is and his explanations embarrass me for having shelves of his music. I am not that person anymore that thought he was my voice because he's not. And he didn't sign on to be. That was my mistake all along. Still, he can f*** off.

It seems that what is really annoying people about Morrissey's statement is that it does not tally with the evidence. He clearly is emotionally and sexually attracted to males, but there is no clear evidence of his attraction to females. So stating that you are attracted to humans, meaning theoretically you can be attracted to anyone, seems evasive at best, shifty at worst. We can all theoretically be attracted to anyone, but if we are a man that is only attracted to other men, then we are homosexual. A rose by any other name is still a rose! Why does he find the term 'homosexual' such a big deal?

Why do you so desperately NEED Morrissey to be gay and exactly like you? I like Morrissey's new word. The more conventional term would indeed be bisexual, but there is definitely a lot of biphobia coming from those who want people to either be 100% gay or 100% straight. Maybe that's why people like Morrissey don't want any of those labels. Although humasexual is technically a new label, it feels like a less restrictive one. The most insightful comments I've seen are here -- http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/82596977.html?page=1#comments -- of all places. Surprising, since Morrissey-hate is usually the norm. I guess all the haters came (and stayed) on Solo.

Not surprising, however, is that someone here actually agreed with your vituperative, little, butthurt tantrum. You have made Morrissey out to be some kind of god: He was your gay Jesus, straight Jesus, fem Jesus, butch Jesus, whatever you imagined him to be. When he defied the impossible ideal you created in your own head, you decided that you hate him. That is really your problem, not his. Your most accurate assessment in your entire post is your admission that you are not being objective.

I thought this was the most interesting comment. :p (I love ONTD btw. :o)

tumblr_menl7nCV3c1qb6nwro1_500.gif

He clearly is emotionally and sexually attracted to males, but there is no clear evidence of his attraction to females.

Not that it really matters much, but is this really true, or is there just no evidence that its impossible for you to find a reason to ignore?

It seems that what is really annoying people about Morrissey's statement is that it does not tally with the evidence. He clearly is emotionally and sexually attracted to males, but there is no clear evidence of his attraction to females. So stating that you are attracted to humans, meaning theoretically you can be attracted to anyone, seems evasive at best, shifty at worst. We can all theoretically be attracted to anyone, but if we are a man that is only attracted to other men, then we are homosexual. A rose by any other name is still a rose! Why does he find the term 'homosexual' such a big deal?

because he has said that he has been attracted to both - maybe men more - but both nonetheless

You can sometimes get clues about someone's sexuality by observing them when they've had a bit to drink.

Watch Moz carefully as he interacts with the woman to his left, firstly from about 18 seconds. I'd say that is slightly awkward (i.e. for Morrissey, authentic) flirting. Not convinced? Watch his eyes from about 36 seconds. It may not be 100% conclusive, but I don't think Dale Winton would have been so interested to know what was down there.

PS Yes I do feel a slight tinge of guilt at this prurient post, but I feel it's artistically justified in context.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can sometimes get clues about someone's sexuality by observing them when they've had a bit to drink.

Watch Moz carefully as he interacts with the woman to his left, firstly from about 18 seconds. I'd say that is slightly awkward (i.e. for Morrissey, authentic) flirting. Not convinced? Watch his eyes from about 36 seconds. It may not be 100% conclusive, but I don't think Dale Winton would have been so interested to know what was down there.

PS Yes I do feel a slight tinge of guilt at this prurient post, but I feel it's artistically justified in context.

The comments on YouTube also seem to agree with you! Moz can't resist a peek! He also seems to flirt with female interviewers - Kirsty Young(Desert Island Discs), Lauren Laverne (2006 V Festival), and magazine interviews such as the two in the 1980s conducted by Antonella Black. He seems to enjoy being interviewed by ladies! There's no mention in the book of his infatuation with Ann-Marie McVeigh, the girl he pined over for years, and the subject of 'Half A Person'. Perhaps if he'd mentioned her there would be less speculation over his sexuality now. Also his feelings for Linder aren't really clear in the book - I always thought that was another unrequited love. If you like the ladies, Moz, let us know!

You're right. It's his business. I said that in the last paragraph. He clearly does feel it's an issue, one he had to correct. You're clearly trying to make a point but if you are not attracted to women, and you are attracted to men, guess what? You're homosexual. Maybe the humor of his post is lost on me when I think about all the young gay people that commit suicide. Mr. Barleycorn got it right. Morrissey cares about himself alone.

huma (ˈhuːmə)

Definitions
noun

(Persian/Iranian mythology) a bird in Persian mythology similar to the phoenix and believed to bring good luck. Also known as the bird of paradise

Thank you. That is the entire point I was trying to make.

Thanks anonymous, video is proof positive, Moz indeed likes b##bs :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom