Morrissey Official Twitter created - @officialmoz

UPDATE Sep. 18, 2017:

Posted by DrStatham:

First tweet from the account...

https://twitter.com/officialmoz

Has no-one noticed the @mozofficial twitter account? Only 10 followers!

Posted by Famous when dead:

40726_officialmoz_twitter.jpg

Posted by an anonymous person:

And it's verified so it's real

Last edited by a moderator:
We're really missing you
And you've not yet even begun !

So Stevey send at least one heart felt Twitter
My heart goes out to you :guitar:

So I offered twenty quid for yer cheap tacky fan
Oh what more can I do ?
What more can I do ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Tweet all of my followers
I don't have to many
Just some blinkered bot nutters
And that 4kin butcher

12",Gordy, Quando, midnite

Imagine the tweet storms and wars. I know at some point hes going to write his own tweets. Promote animal rights and then slag (pick a name).

Things just turned up.

Twitter? I'm still waiting for a fax from good ole Mozzerballs.

Yes but I visit a couple of times a day as a short break from other things. I don't walk around like a zombie all day long staring at my phone just waiting to hear what some fool had for breakfast.

Exactly the same for many people on twitter, duh!

to anyone whos interested,watched the mick ronson story the other night on sky arts and Morrissey comes out of it very well,him and his wife were very poor towards the end and she said the Morrissey money made his life more comfortable and that mick confided in mozz a lot during his illness.good docu.
to all the people who think bowie can do no wrong,he was earning millions and mick ronson was on £50 a week because he didn't understand the business side of things.

Last edited:
Don't forget marred will you.

Yeah, and although I feel very honoured to be on his list, he forgot Ketamine Sun too.
He should add them both.
I miss them. :(
It's an insult.

I don't have to many
And that 4kin butcher

So I am Pinky, I guess? :D

What the f*** is wrong with a twitter account - wich won't be managed by him by the way-
He needs social networks, we are in 2017! for f***'s sake

He needs songs.
to anyone whos interested,watched the mick ronson story the other night on sky arts and Morrissey comes out of it very well,him and his wife were very poor towards the and and she said the Morrissey money made his life more comfortable and that mick confided in mozz a lot during his illness.good docu.
to all the people who think bowie can do no wrong,he was earning millions and mick ronson was on £50 a week because he didn't understand the business side of things.

Bowie was living in poverty and off his face on coke during the making of the Berlin trilogy.

From Hunky Dory to Scary Monsters - surely one of, if not the, most productive runs of any popular artist - he was by no means wealthy.

Ronson died in 1993, four years before Bowie issued his famous "Bowie Bonds" a scheme widely credited with earning Bowie his fortune.

Even if Bowie had a legal duty to help Ronson, which he did not, there is no evidence to suggest he did not help Ronson on a moral basis.

One thing I do know is that were there ever a queue to try to get a quid out of Bowie or a quid out of Morrissey I know which one I would join.

to anyone whos interested,watched the mick ronson story the other night on sky arts and Morrissey comes out of it very well,him and his wife were very poor towards the and and she said the Morrissey money made his life more comfortable and that mick confided in mozz a lot during his illness.good docu.

I watched it as well. What a man! Ronson came across as humble, engaging and simply thankful to have been a part of the same world as Bowie etc. Made his horrible end even more upsetting. It is interesting that Moz was giving him handouts whilst Bowie was prepared to let him rot.

I don't have to many
And that 4kin butcher

too

I know your life "moves too fast" (ahem) to worry about basic grammar, but you don't want to come across as a window-licking moron now, do you? Oh wait...

'twas excellent viewing.
His guitar work on the Ziggy... live film/album was sublime.
Sorely missed.
FWD.

Last edited:
You can tell how fascinating whatever Morrissey happens to be doing at a given time is when the thread turns into a discussion of David Bowie...

It's definitely true that Mick Ronson and the other Spiders could and should have shared a bit more in Bowie's good fortune once the serious money started to come in. But the idea that Mick was simply paid peanuts and then tossed away like a soiled Kleenex is wide of the mark.

Mick was on £45 per week, which equates to a salary of about £35K in today's money. Not much when you're talking about one of the defining rock musicians of his generation, but also not a starvation wage. And, for most of the time he was with Bowie, Bowie was a commercial flop. Mick's salary was much more than could be justified by the amount of money the band was bringing in. Bowie was subsidising him, at first using money he still had from "Space Oddity", then when that ran out, Bowie took less and less of the band's money for himself.

Bowie probably didn't up the money later on partly because he didn't really control the money and either chickened out of arguing the case with the manager, Tony Defries, or else got overruled. But also probably partly because it came to a head when the bassist, Trevor Bolder, got angry about it (understandably so) and confronted Bowie. That seems to have got Bowie's back up and made the issue more difficult to resolve. Bowie's logic: regardless of the rights and wrongs of this, how dare you shout the odds after I sacrificed myself for two years to pay your wages? I wouldn't call this totally fair, but it's also not evil.

After disbanding the Spiders, Bowie did not just abandon Mick, but continued to work with him and invested a lot of money (probably much more than he could have ever realistically given him as a pay rise) in his solo career. He also wrote/co-wrote three tracks on Mick's debut album. After Mick was diagnosed with cancer, Bowie part-paid for his treatment, along with a few other wealthy friends (one was the singer out of Def Leppard).

I'm not saying he was treated entirely fairly, but there are two sides to the story.

Vanyaland run the Twitter story :

The More You Retweet Me, The Closer I Get: Morrissey has joined Twitter (but don’t @ him yet).

http://www.vanyaland.com/2017/09/18...orrissey-has-joined-twitter-but-dont-him-yet/

Then, interestingly, add:
"As for those leaked Morrissey tour dates that appeared on Spotify a few weeks ago, we now hear some new East Coast shows set for December will be announced very soon. That’ll be something to tweet about."

Regards,
FWD.

Come on Steve ! Get yer tweets out for the bots :brows: don't be shy !
For a man with lots to say this is piss-poor Stevey.

Is it because people can hit back ?
Go on ! Send a tweet to Donald :rolleyes: you know you wanna ! ( I dare you Steve )

#on the tweets I ran

I watched it as well. What a man! Ronson came across as humble, engaging and simply thankful to have been a part of the same world as Bowie etc. Made his horrible end even more upsetting. It is interesting that Moz was giving him handouts whilst Bowie was prepared to let him rot.

:thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom