Morrissey on The Culture Show 3rd March

Hope so too, but listings will be sent out for TV magazines weeks and weeks in advance. Better clue is the fact that their website doesn't make mention of it. Nor does the Radio Times website, which is surely up to date.

Last edited:
Morrissey will be on The Culture Show on BBC2 3rd march at 10pm speaking with Mark Kermode. :)

Thank you..:)

And they'll have an extended version of the show on a friday or saturday night.

Check local listings for details. Ha, i've always wanted to write that...

..Yes i am sad..:)

Hm, what is this 'Culture Show' that i've heard about a few times recently? It's got to have the most vague/generic name, ever. But any Moz is good Moz, right?

Hm, what is this 'Culture Show' that i've heard about a few times recently? It's got to have the most vague/generic name, ever. But any Moz is good Moz, right?

I've seen it a couple of times and it actually seems a pretty good show - pretty highbrow for its type. I'm expecting Mark Kermode to get a pretty good interview too.

Todays cefax and teletext listings for 'The Culture Show' all list Morrissey as being interviewed by M.K. Surely they would be up-to-date ?
As for the twitter post, I'm pretty sure that Kermode doesn't tweet. At least, when he appears on Simon Mayo's show on Radio5 on Fridays he claims not to. Makes out he's something of a technophobe, etc.
Despite all that, I still feel in my gut that it aint gonna happen :straightface:

On Virgin Media, the programme information says:

"Lauren Laverne, Alastair Sooke, Graham Mitchell, Edward Morgan:
Lauren Laverne presents from the Sage Centre in Gateshead and celebrates 30 years of Viz, Alastair Sooke meets Yoko Ono and Roberto Saviano examines media portrayals of the Mafia."

Lauren Laverne presents from the Sage Centre in Gateshead and celebrates 30 years of Viz, Alastair Sooke meets Yoko Ono and Roberto Saviano examines media portrayals of the Mafia."

Said basically the same thing on the Sky programme info as well.

I doubt he'll be on tonight.

From the BBC site too :

Next on:

03 Mar 2009, 22:00 on BBC Two (except Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland (Analogue))
Synopsis:

The Culture Show, presented by Lauren Laverne, broadcasts from The Baltic Centre for Contemporary Arts in Gateshed.

The show looks at the future for the arts in the Northeast, a region which has put culture at the heart of its regeneration, and with the collapse of Northern Rock, was the first into this new economic climate.

Art critic Alastair Sooke meets conceptual artist Yoko Ono at her new exhibition Between the Sky and My Head at the Baltic Centre. Lauren Laverne celebrates 30 years of Viz with creators Chris and Simon Donald. Plus, the writer of Gomorrah Roberto Saviano examines the portrayal of the mafia in films and television. One of his stated aims with Gomorrah was to reveal what 'grubby, hunted little lives' mafioso types live. Here, he discusses the impact of how films like Scarface, Goodfellas and The Godfather have shaped the mafia itself.

From the BBC site too :

Next on:

03 Mar 2009, 22:00 on BBC Two (except Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland (Analogue))
Synopsis:

The Culture Show, presented by Lauren Laverne, broadcasts from The Baltic Centre for Contemporary Arts in Gateshed.

The show looks at the future for the arts in the Northeast, a region which has put culture at the heart of its regeneration, and with the collapse of Northern Rock, was the first into this new economic climate.

Art critic Alastair Sooke meets conceptual artist Yoko Ono at her new exhibition Between the Sky and My Head at the Baltic Centre. Lauren Laverne celebrates 30 years of Viz with creators Chris and Simon Donald. Plus, the writer of Gomorrah Roberto Saviano examines the portrayal of the mafia in films and television. One of his stated aims with Gomorrah was to reveal what 'grubby, hunted little lives' mafioso types live. Here, he discusses the impact of how films like Scarface, Goodfellas and The Godfather have shaped the mafia itself.

:confused:

I remember watching Culture Show interview of Roberto Saviano few weeks ago.

Saviano interview was also shown in Newsnight in 2008.

Last edited:
In the Metro today it said in their listings that the show included an interview with Morrissey.

Yeah but they also said that Zane Lowe was interviewing Oasis when Moz was on!! Hope they're wrong. Again.

It's on in half an hour guys...don't forget.:thumb:

no mention of Moz on intro......:(

Was in my TV guide :mad:

Macconie Mentioned Moz and being a great northen observationist including Lowry And Benett

Back
Top Bottom