Morrissey statement on TTY 06/01/10

I meant to hit the quote button and hit edit instead.

I'm going to go ahead and answer this so that you all can dismiss it which is fine, but it's kinda important due to it's complexity. Remember that weird thread I started about Morrissey being a ship? He was being the ship that carried the Argonauts that sought the Golden Fleece. Think Fleece instead of Fleas.

frontline.jpg

So back in the Attack days, he was simultaneously being an Argonaut AND the golden fleece, he just didn't know it. Now coming to terms with the fleece part of himself and not wanting to attack himself, he's dissolving his relationship with the Argonauts.

It makes way more sense in my brain and once I type it it just looks so insane, but this is what I suspect is going on. Now Morrissey has to protect his golden fleece, not try to exploit it. You can read about the fleece here. The ewe is the little lamb on the hill who is running as fast as she can to avoid these dumb argonauts. (They're not "dumb" they're just, I dunno, frustrating.)

Commence the SIGHFEST!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a term used for expressing surprise. "f***" is a versatile word.

:tears::tears: Aww, thanks Dave.

I was thinking about my crazy train while I was driving to my friends house tonight. I know there can be cases made for "magical thinking" or "delusions of grandeur" on my part, even something shrinks call "ideas of reference" when I talk to them about seeing signs and stuff, but something interesting that so far only Theo has touched on is WHY is Morrissey naming these specific names? The cynic of my own dreamy thinking thinks that it's because he's thorough and sorta weird, but the hopeful dreamy girl who imagines that we're soulmates thinks maybe he really is communicating specifics to me so that I can work them into my/our equation and the reason that he doesn't just email me his details or call me on the flippin phone is because he's caught up in the hermetically sealed off from each other world that makes our chemistry so, I dunno, potentially interesting to the layman. The Andy Goulden Fleece maybe? I dunno. But I do know that if I'm on to something and he does dig me in a way, I'd make the best husband to Morrissey ever and besides being goofy I'm pretty mellow so I think you all should root for me NOT to be voted off Morrissey Surreality Island since, well, I'm a good person who'd take care of our boy. :o :p :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that he named the names because this is what you do in a legal notice, "I am no longer responsible for the debts of (former spouse)" but it is unusual seeing it released on a fansite.

Cutting to the chase, the Universe is a Hologram. If you tear a hologram in half, you can still see the whole image in each piece. The whole is contained in all parts, or the INFORMATION necessary to create the whole, anyway.

So in a sense your idea is contained in Morrissey's statement.

I believe you err in thinking he put the idea there in purpose, in a sort of code. This type of thinking can be dangerous to your health and well-being. Morrissey does communicate to you, and communicates to us all. (Sometimes, though increasingly less, I am shocked when people don't see the obvious point of view and intent being conveyed in a Morrissey song. like when some chick wants to marry him.)

Concluding here, and trying to convince you, I ask you to consider the many artists who say that their best songs just come to them complete, or specifically, Keith Richard, in an interview I read once, saying that he is just an antenna, that the songs are out there and he just receives them. I don't think Morrissey plans the lyrics of his songs and I don't think he put hidden this sort of elaborate hidden message in his statement. But that doesn't mean that your "surreal" interpretation is any less valid, and it's actually really cool. It might be specific to you and your interpretation of Morrissey and I'd have to say that I don't think he is aware of it or planned it, and I'd encourage you to think that any messages he sends in his work are more universal, and not aimed at you. That's healthier.

But who knows what's happening in your little section of the Hologram Universe? ;)

But who knows what's happening in your little section of the Hologram Universe? ;)

Yes, you're absolutely right. The good news for me also is that if the right person came along that felt up to the task of repairng the ginormous broken part of my heart from a long life of not having such a nice life, and who was able to accept my love in return of which I have a lot and that person wasn't Morrissey, I'd consider him for a second. The thing is, my "connection" to him just seems different. It's impossible to describe, I can't get what's in my brain onto the page elegantly, but I feel he's the one but sadly can only reason it with facts and connections so archaic and bizarre that not a lot of people in this quick-satisfaction world we live in have an attention span for it. Feeling can only get you so far when reason must validate the feelings. So at the end of the day and my journey when I realize "Huh, he never contacts me despite repeated attempts, I guess the guy doesn't feel the same way." at least I can think about possibly repackaging up my passion into finding someone who does want to touch me or write me or whatever, so I guess my point is...:tears:...bleh. I'm not a total lost cause for finding love. It's just all signs point to him.

:tears::tears: Aww, thanks Dave.

I was thinking about my crazy train while I was driving to my friends house tonight. I know there can be cases made for "magical thinking" or "delusions of grandeur" on my part, even something shrinks call "ideas of reference" when I talk to them about seeing signs and stuff, but something interesting that so far only Theo has touched on is WHY is Morrissey naming these specific names? The cynic of my own dreamy thinking thinks that it's because he's thorough and sorta weird, but the hopeful dreamy girl who imagines that we're soulmates thinks maybe he really is communicating specifics to me so that I can work them into my/our equation and the reason that he doesn't just email me his details or call me on the flippin phone is because he's caught up in the hermetically sealed off from each other world that makes our chemistry so, I dunno, potentially interesting to the layman. The Andy Goulden Fleece maybe? I dunno. But I do know that if I'm on to something and he does dig me in a way, I'd make the best husband to Morrissey ever and besides being goofy I'm pretty mellow so I think you all should root for me NOT to be voted off Morrissey Surreality Island since, well, I'm a good person who'd take care of our boy. :o :p :thumb:

CG, I think you're awesome. I think you'd make it all the way to the end of
Morrissey Surreality Island.
I lol'd at "Surreality." :lbf:

CG, I think you're awesome. I think you'd make it all the way to the end of
Morrissey Surreality Island.
I lol'd at "Surreality." :lbf:

I thought of that while taking a shower. :p See Morrissey? I'm funny too. And I'm clean. :D

Back
Top Bottom