Morrissey thinking of quitting Music?

As sad as the prospect is for one of your favourite artists, I guess you have to respect him, if he does indeed decide to call it a day.

Bow out on a high, thats what i'd do.

I think quite possibly the media are wanting too much too be read out of what he is actually saying. Not much longer ? Could really mean anything to him.

Honestly I really doubt that there was anything to that initial comment that entails a looming retirement. If anything I bet that hes trying to drum up a bit of excitement and publicity for YOR, I mean a final album would probably do better on the charts. Or maybe its entirely true and I'm just a cynic

hmmm i also dont think so....hasnt he said that around vauxhall too.?
the only thing which made me a tiny bit wary is the fact he he has decided to release a reissued and remastered albums version of Southpaw grammar and maladjusted
,both albums which cover pic he wasnt too fond of to say the the least
and had submitted the new coverartwork for it which will come out in march 09(tbc)
( and also,at least for southpaw who will also include extra tracks as we know)

.which gives the impression that he likes to leave earlier records he wasnt completely happy of so he had reworked in the way he always wanted it (leave everything corrected , nice and cleaned up )
before he quits
..but thts just an subjective impression...

Last edited:
dont think Mozza is retiring just yet. I think he says these things just to get a bit of press time, especially when he's got a new album about. He's only 49, got another 5-10 years in him yet. also in the past morrissey has sed that he only ever feels that he is comfortable when on stage, so he might not release any more albums but i think he will still tour

dont think Mozza is retiring just yet. I think he says these things just to get a bit of press time, especially when he's got a new album about. He's only 49, got another 5-10 years in him yet. also in the past morrissey has sed that he only ever feels that he is comfortable when on stage, so he might not release any more albums but i think he will still tour

I could put an orchestra pit at the foot of my bed and some curtains behind the headboard. I'm just saying.

Oh, I get it--he'd play you like a fiddle.

14_Dada_ManRay_Violin-Ingres.jpg

Or maybe you could play his pink oboe?

Oboe? Is his instrument double reeded? :rolleyes: Could be double the fun. :p

Yeah, I wish I had Kiki's beautiful backside.

It's probably just part of a larger conversation picked out by the magazine to be sensationalist. They always do this with celebrity interviews to sell more copies. Morrissey could well have gone on to make qualifying comments that made it sound less dramatic. He's not in control of what quotes they use to publicise the interview.

And no, he's never threatened retirement before. A few times sites like the NME have tried to whip up retirement rumours but they've never come from Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom