Morrissey Tour Shirts (Vintage)

I have several, and I was wondering if anyone else had any photos of their old Morrissey/Smiths tour shirts? Did anyone who has been to a concert like in 1991 buy any shirts?
It would be cool to check some out.

here's the keitel pic

knocking-inside.jpg

it's a fantastic shot of a brilliant actor.

Yeah, I've still got a bunch. Not in great shape anymore, but not in such bad shape, either-- if they weren't boxed up some place, I'd probably wear one now and then.

The 1991 tour had a few variations, and I have all of them..."Bona Drag" cover, Keitel, Edith Sitwell, "Ouija Board" cover, and the "Kill Uncle" cover. Of them all I love the Kietel one the best. It's one I'd still wear. Very striking. I'd just feel dodgy wandering about with "1991" printed on the back of the t-shirt, though. Amounts to a sell-by date, doesn't it? The dilemma of tour t-shirts.

I still like the old black "Viva Hate" t-shirt. It features "Viva Hate" on the back, clearly written out in the elegant font from the cover. That's a fun statement to make in public.

yup, and in an absolutely stunning blue color. fantastic pic of him yelling or laughing, cannae tell and haven't seen the source movie. it was also a stage backdrop.

Also was originally supposed to have been the front cover to 'Strangeways Here We Come' before they failed to get the actors authorisation to use the image: there's a lovely sleeve design version in 'Peepholism', such a stronger image than the final choice used for 'Strangeways'...

%5CdbImages%5C24384_2.jpg

Last edited:
yeeeaa i had seen that as a backdrop in some videos on youtube but hadnt recognized it as harvey keitel at all. thats really awesome!

The Keitel photo was one of Morrissey's best images. I prefer it to Davalos, although I think the use of Davalos was witty.

The film was Martin Scorsese's "Who's That Knocking at My Door" (1967):

'J.R. is a typical Italian-American on the streets of New York. When he gets involved with a local girl, he decides to get married and settle down, but when he learns that she was once raped, he cannot handle it. More explicitly linked with Catholic guilt that Scorsese's later work, we see what happens to J.R. when his religious guilt catches up with him.' imdb.com

Yeah I have the Keitel one, but it is in such bad shape that it is now virtually unwearable. I also have a Your Arsenal shirt, the Bona Drag shirt, a Hatful of Hollow Shirt that is also falling apart, and a shirt displaying the picture from my icon from the single "We Hate it When..."

I would KILL for another of the Keitel shirts that wouldn't fall apart on me as I wore it...

I've got two oldies (but goodies): The one of him at the corner of Tench and Reardon Streets... it is vaguely wearable at this stage. I also have a Kill Uncle shirt that is indecent!!! I haven't worn them in years (I've had them for what, 14, 15 years at this stage!) but I wouldn't dream of throwing them away. The memories!

Somewhere Out There

written by James Horner, and Linda Rodstandt

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight

Somewhere out there someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there

And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

Somewhere out there if love can see us through
Then we'll be together somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true

And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

Somewhere out there if love can see us through
Then we'll be together somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true

Thanks you for asking!:):p Wow I am actually commenting here!...Just because of you Rob:) Bye bye!
oxox

Back
Top Bottom