Morrissey's December Speech 2017 - SER / YouTube

41828_stateoftheunion_20171218.png

41827_stateoftheunion_20171218_2.png

(posted on SER's YT channel).

This is definitely a never seen before, direct to camera discussion from Moz.
Chart position, Der Spiegel, questioned by the American Secret Service as a result - possibly no free access to the US!?
"Whatever will be in 2018 will be..."
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not my kind of humour. I prefer Aztec's or Benny's.

Well at least their posts are shorter but I like it when BrummieBoy gets agitated and goes in overdrive and passes certain borders of hallucinating prose and it does remind me of a writer like HP Lovecraft or Michel Houellebecque. Which is meant as a compliment to him.

Like that Bernie supporter that shot up the baseball field where the Repubs were practising? :lbf::lbf::lbf: Loons exist on both sides Charlie.

Charlie sucks at the withered tit of Hillary Clinton and thinks Bill Clinton isn't a serial rapist and death penalty advocate but a misunderstood grown up altar boy spreading his holy seed throughout the land.

Well at least their posts are shorter but I like it when BrummieBoy gets agitated and goes in overdrive and passes certain borders of hallucinating prose and it does remind me of a writer like HP Lovecraft or Michel Houellebecque. Which is meant as a compliment to him.

don't worry, he'll take it.

For example? I'd really like to know what you could say that would be worse than 'I would like to kill you'.

Morrissey didn't say it as a personal statement. He was answering a question made by a journalist. She was the one who imagined the hypothetical situation and the button thing. He just said yes I would, and he gave a lot of reasons to support his opinion. But he wasn't planning a murder, he just answered a quite strange question. Proof of that is Margaret lived a lot years despite his song. Besides, if he would have answered "no", the next day everybody would have said "Morrissey supports Trump".

Yes I know, we are talking about an imaginary button. It is ludicrous.

But morrissey can be viewed as an opinion leader to his fans (and to an extent, the greater public with his ability to get in the news). As such, it's not what they think he would physically do, but what the fan(atic) which heeds his words as holy would do (and let's face it, I have seen them here). The basic question is, do we allow opinion leaders to call for the death of political leaders in this country? I do not think we should.

Morrissey is an artist, not an opinion leader. opinion leader, that's so stupid. so because someone gave him the designation of "opinion leader" he can no longer express himself, either as a person or as an artist, because someone out there might interpret his words the wrong way?

besides it wasn't even an opinion he was expressing, it was simple arithmetic. the earth + Donald trump = horrible repercussions for the earth. the earth - Donald trump = much better chances for everyone everywhere.
everyone can see which is the preferable equation. in the realm where magic buttons can be pressed resulting in Donald trumps death a person would be pretty f***ing stupid not to press it. but going out and actually planning to kill someone on something that self evident? do you know how much energy and dedication and organization that would require? no one would do that based solely on what Morrissey said. I mean, you'd have to have the mindset to do it already.

Thank you.

Yes I know, we are talking about an imaginary button. It is ludicrous.

But morrissey can be viewed as an opinion leader to his fans (and to an extent, the greater public with his ability to get in the news). As such, it's not what they think he would physically do, but what the fan(atic) which heeds his words as holy would do (and let's face it, I have seen them here). The basic question is, do we allow opinion leaders to call for the death of political leaders in this country? I do not think we should.

Or.... Morrissey can be viewed as an opinion leader to his non fans, people who dislike him, these are the nuts who may kill Chump and try to blame it on Morrissey ! :fearscream::lbf: wouldn't be surprised the way some come on to this site and say the crazy shit they say day after day, totally :crazy:

'An opinion leader is a well-known individual or organization that has the ability to influence public opinion on the subject matter for which the opinion leader is known.'

So
... maybe the media is the opinion leader?

should the media expect people to lie when asked outrageous questions ? what was that interviewers intention? was she trying to plant this horrible idea into Morrissey's head !? who was she really working for ? :paranoid: Or should the media use common sense to either 1. not ask such questions? or 2. not print the answers because we live in a society full of people that just can't handle someones views ? or that there are monsters created by society that may use someone's words not their own to carry out atrocious acts against someone else or other people?

Or.... Morrissey can be viewed as an opinion leader to his non fans, people who dislike him, these are the nuts who may kill Chump and try to blame it on Morrissey ! :fearscream::lbf: wouldn't be surprised the way some come on to this site and say the crazy shit they say day after day, totally :crazy:

'An opinion leader is a well-known individual or organization that has the ability to influence public opinion on the subject matter for which the opinion leader is known.'

So

should the media expect people to lie when asked outrageous questions ? what was that interviewers intention? was she trying to plant this horrible idea into Morrissey's head !? who was she really working for ? :paranoid: Or should the media use common sense to either 1. not ask such questions? or 2. not print the answers because we live in a society full of people that just can't handle someones views ? or that there are monsters created by society that may use someone's words not their own to carry out atrocious acts against someone else or other people?

Excuses, excuses...

don't worry, he'll take it.

Probably but he can also be the most annoying, nonsensical and madly irritating voice there has ever been on this site and can’t you just ask me if I would push that very, very, nonexistent hypothetical button?
For the sake of humanity?

What a fantastic video for the fans (and those 3 moderators...) !

The message is clear. We ALL know the truth. Those that LISTEN do anyway.

Happy Holidays and Viva Morrissey

Hazard
x

Probably but he can also be the most annoying, nonsensical and madly irritating voice there has ever been on this site and can’t you just ask me if I would push that very, very, nonexistent hypothetical button?
For the sake of humanity?

Oh Quando, you're so......

;)

'and can’t you just ask me if I would push that very, very, nonexistent hypothetical button?'

what? so you can give the only sane reply and become an opinion leader on this site ?! :fearscream::D

count me out, buddy. ;):lbf:

So

Maybe, all very good questions. A little different than the question I asked nonetheless.

So even if they had nefarious intentions, what should be made of it, it was still answered. Can't put it back in the box.

Morrissey didn't say it as a personal statement. He was answering a question made by a journalist. She was the one who imagined the hypothetical situation and the button thing. He just said yes I would, and he gave a lot of reasons to support his opinion. But he wasn't planning a murder, he just answered a quite strange question. Proof of that is Margaret lived a lot years despite his song. Besides, if he would have answered "no", the next day everybody would have said "Morrissey supports Trump".

Hilarious. As if Morrissey is the person obligated to answer any question asked of him. Whenever he is asked about his sexuality he's never given a straight answer (excuse the pun).

Modern life is crackers Peter. I took Morrissey's comment to be like this...

Good point. And, ahh, I absolutely loved Derek, I think I'm probably the only person who did. I actually thought it was incredibly clever and sensitive writing. The episode where his father turned up was just beautiful. Great to see a new series for 2018.

Charlie sucks at the withered tit of Hillary Clinton and thinks Bill Clinton isn't a serial rapist and death penalty advocate but a misunderstood grown up altar boy spreading his holy seed throughout the land.

Yeah, thinking Trump is a div definitely makes me think the Clintons are great. That's how it works right?

Say what you like about Trump supporters but you could never accuse them of being smart.

Are you trying to label him? He is not ordinary, that doesn't mean that he needs some sort of Dr. Phil intervention. Keep your mind open and embrace people's diversity. The world indeed is full of crashing bores. Are you one of them?
I have no idea what you are trying tell me. Who is Dr Phil? What sort of label? What has diversity to do with it?
I do understand the bore bit. Ofcourse I am. We all are. We're posting on a Pop star forum for god's sake!

Last edited:
Please stop being a f***wit, and try to understand the difference between explaining a situation and defending it. Morrissey has made an absolute tit of himself - there is no defending it. He is an absolute idiot.
But he simply has not realised the power of social media and the worldwide web. In the old days you could pretty much say anything and get away with it, and he's still acting as if this is the case (but believe you me he won't anymore). The NME might give you stick (as they did with Madstock in 92) but the wider world couldn't give a shit. Now the wider news-consuming world (and that's hundreds of millions of people) are listening and everything you say is being recorded, whether a between-song comment at a concert or an off-the-cuff remark to a magazine in a distant land. And accusing someone of being 'naff' when you start most posts with the word 'hey' is deeply ironic. And '80s' does not need an apostrophe.
PS Sorry, I'm a bit tired - you are one of the better people round here.
After the 'f***wit' business I was getting all geared up for a snarky reply and then you hit me with a compliment. So, you are therefore a chum. Thank you.
I deserved the insult as I was a little snide.
I use the 'Hey' in an attempt at familiarity.
Hope you have the space to get some rest.

Last edited:
Over 800 posts on this thread. I don't think I've seen as many in the 17 years I've been coming here.

I've never been a fan of his speaking voice, it seems so affected and pompous at times. How exactly did M acquire such an accent? I don't imagine that many folk raised in Stretford sound like that, do you? Taking the rough edges off of a particularly strong regional accent is one thing but it often sounds quite ridiculous, effeminate.

It was surprising that he took to recording a message in this way. Moreover, that he agreed to speak to the journalist in question at all - I thought everything was done via email and has been for quite some time. He should've known better than to be drawn on such controversies like sexual abuse, killing Tramp, etc. The Manchester Arena comment was so contrived and utterly pointless, nevermind being completely untrue.

Do you remember the nineties? The 'mystery persona' suited him so well - why can't it be like that again?

Last edited:
Over 800 posts on this thread. I don't think I've seen as many in the 17 years I've been coming here.

I've never been a fan of his speaking voice, it seems so affected and pompous at times. How exactly did M acquire such an accent? I don't imagine that many folk raised in Stretford sound like that, do you? Taking the rough edges off of a particularly strong regional accent is one thing but it often sounds quite ridiculous, effeminate.

It was surprising that he took to recording a message in this way. Moreover, that he agreed to speak to the journalist in question at all - I thought everything was done via email and has been for quite some time. He should've known better than to be drawn on such controversies like sexual abuse, killing Tramp, etc. The Manchester Arena comment was so contrived and utterly pointless, nevermind being completely untrue.

Do you remember the ninetines? The 'mystery persona' suited him so well - why can't it be like that again?

To be fair, he's always sounded liked that. If you look back at the early interviews he was definitely affected and yes at times, effeminate. If anything he was worse then, he had a sort of lisping robotic delivery which he seems to have grown out of. I always took the accent to be a combination of his Mancunian roots, his Irish parents, his sexual ambiguity and his literary ambitions.

Completely agree agree about the Arena comments. It smacked of just clutching at something, anything, to try and recover some credibility. It actually made me very sad, because I don't think he has any real understanding of what the fuss is about and how to put it right. He looks bewildered.

Ah yes, the 'mystery persona'... The trouble is, the online genie is well and truly out of the bottle.

Brummie boy, standing by his computer, waiting for somebody comment on his stupid shit. That's is a life of a serious businessman and philanthropist. Shouldn't you be raising money for the poor and unfortunate, digging wells in Burundi or something? You sad, government snitch.

blow me Santa.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom