Votes: 8 6.5%
  • There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • other

Votes: 11 8.9%

• Total voters

chrisarclark

Boycott Moz
what is the most overrated song in Moz's catalogue, overrated either by the masses, critics or (more likely) "hardcore" fans?

if you choose "other", please indicate what song yuve chosen with a post.

and before people start getting their back up, there's only one or two songs that iwould truly criticize, "Ganglord" and "Life Is A Pigsty".

Last edited:
If I could, I would vote 1,000 times for How Soon Is Now. Having seen him eight times in the last three years, I would be happy to never hear this song again. It made me ill to see it get the largest reaction at each and every concert. As for the studio version, anytime I play Hatful of Hollow or Meat is Murder I run for the skip button.

I hate how it has become emblematic of the "alternative Eighties" simply because it was fairly popular here in the States. Its ubiquity has had a deleterious effect on its artistic posterity, IMO. There are so many other Smiths songs that unfairly get overlooked.

Cheers,

Jamie

I voted for Life Is A Pigsty.
I just don't get it, the music is flat and boring, the lyrics say absolutely nothing to me. I was so frustrated when it was chosen for the 'Get Moz in the charts' download thingy, and it just confounds me when I see so many people name it as their favourite song from Ringleader. :confused:

I just don't get it, the music is flat and boring, the lyrics say absolutely nothing to me. I was so frustrated when it was chosen for the 'Get Moz in the charts' download thingy, and it just confounds me when I see so many people name it as their favourite song from Ringleader. :confused:

Well I like the minimal change in the words because it gradually builds up and his voice becomes more emotive with each repetition. I love the song.

I voted Ganglord...just because it's a b-side

I was tempted to go for "Ganglord", which is very average, but then I saw "Suedehead" on the list. It's a decent enough single, but its huge score in Houdini's Top 100 poll is really quite baffling.

Whoever votes for I Know It's Over needs to go on trial for Grand Treason.

Ganglord, without a shadow of a doubt. Yawn.

I see that (at the time of this writing) one person has voted for Lost. Who and why!? Lost is one of Morrissey's best ever songs, although I'd say I like Spencer's composition more than Moz's lyrics.

The fact that Lost was never released is so frustrating to me. It would have been a Top 10 hit for sure (something which Morrissey could only dream of at the time (1997)) and I also think it would have gained a lot more fans.

But 8 years on Moz certainly made up for it by releasing Redondo Beach/There Is A Light as a single. Not!

If there's one thing I'd change about our Moz it's his selection of singles.

I completely agree with HSIN, tho I voted Dear God, Please Help Me. I must be missing something with this song :confused: Just 'meh'... I always skip it. Give me Come Back to Camden anyday. Or Ganglord :guitar:

Pigsty forever!

'You're the one for me, fatty' is pretty dull, though energetic enough live. Not a fav though.

and 'How soon is now' is a classic. All you detractors should go to your beds without any supper!

First Of The Gang To Die

Great song, but it took me awhile to really get into it. :)
I didn't understand how that was everyone's favorite song as soon as they put the cd in.
My first fave was the song BEFORE that one.

Alot of people agree with you.

I, on the other hand, can't get enough of that bassline...:o
It's a sad song, but it makes me want to shake my ass.

Back
Top Bottom