Moz goes GaGa

Ugh.

mirror.jpg

Yawn baby

Only the other guy scares me a bit.
Oh and how envious I am that she puts her fingers on his bare chest (though I love how many buttons he left unbuttoned... :blushing:).

Morrissey and Gaga look hawt together. The other guy looks like the unholy spawn of Perez Hilton and Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran.

Keep rockin' the chest hair, Moz!

I love this! :D I like Lady Gaga. She can actually sing, unlike Madonna, and given a chance Lady Gaga will write better songs than Elton John.

I don't know anything about the semi-presious weapons guy. Moz looks very happy to be holding both of them.

P.S. Tony Visconti said Morrissey and Lady Gaga weren't friends. This picture looks pretty friendly to me. :)

I love this! :D I like Lady Gaga. She can actually sing, unlike Madonna, and given a chance Lady Gaga will write better songs than Elton John.

I don't know anything about the semi-presious weapons guy. Moz looks very happy to be holding both of them.

P.S. Tony Visconti said Morrissey and Lady Gaga weren't friends. This picture looks pretty friendly to me. :)

This is all PR dear, are you not familiar?

But she has probably only heard YOR and some Smiths stuff! (See her comment regarding Depeche Mode). She's ridiculous.
well she tweeted a song which was on an album and not one of the most wellknown smiths songs to the mainstream public:
via Simon Goddard's blog:
"Because we were in Manchester, and since her album was called The Fame, I asked if she agreed with the words of a certain local bard that “fame, fame, fatal fame… can play hideous tricks on the brain.”

“Yes. I love that song,” Gaga replied in her Manhattan robo-drawl. “Sometimes when I’m on stage I do this thing with my voice where I go… fame, Fame, FAME! Which is sort of my homage to that.” At the time I wasn’t sure if Gaga was bluffing (with her muffin) until three months later when another interviewer asked the name of her “favourite celebrity with style.” After a few seconds pause she answered, “Morrissey.” Since then she’s Tweeted Smiths lyrics "Featured below is a Twitter entry (a tweet?) from Lady GaGa dated Friday July 17, 2009:
"I wear black on the outside, because black is how I feel on the inside"-morrissey. Thank god for my fans. I love you."and has even alluded to conversations with Morrissey who she described with alarming casualness as “my buddy”.
So, there you have it. Lady Gaga is an actual “apostle”. An uncanny postscript to this, and the reason her Brits performance brought this all back, is my regret that I forgot to give her my intended gift - a spare copy of the Jobriath Lonely Planet Boy compilation. I’d reasoned as a Bowie fan and New York art junkie that if she hadn’t heard his stuff she may like it. Watching her play Telephone at the Brits makes me think she would have, or possibly already does. Close your eyes and it’s like listening to a Jobriath ballad as sung by Etta James."

i personally find her kind of interesting and different (well a bit at least)to the typical pop star (saw also a statement of her where she talked about gay rights) but the problem is that i am not into her music..it sounds very eutrotrash to me :simple lyrics simple music(chords) nothing experimental

the one song i actually liked was this(its from beyonce´s album)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Uy7-vpcHQ
i dont have a soundcard so it dont know if the remix differ from the single i have heard/seen on tv
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=17055
but this has more to do with beyonce who i like(my guilty pleasure, even though i like her destinys child stuff much more than her solo stuff
back with the girls where she wrote about the "good for nothing type of brother".
when she did go solo she was all that"im soooo in love" which doesnt appeal that much to me
so gaga: go experimental and do music which goes beyong the ooomph ooomph simple techno beat..

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it odd that many of us tend to have strict preferences on how the man should and should not behave. He's hardly doing anything, yet somehow some of you still found reasons to whine. :confused:

Morrissey picture in Rolling Stone mag w/Lady Gaga

20100605_gaga_moz.jpg

The Fame Moz-sters

Lady Gaga, Morrissey and Justin Tranter of Semi-Precious Weapons hang out backstage in Manchester, England after Gaga's June 3rd show.

from: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/18092/104903/0

Edit: (online mag, don't know about paper issue of the mag)

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey picture in Rolling Stone mag w/Lady Gaga

Even the buttons on his fly are straining.

*redeeming feature of photograph

I find it odd that many of us tend to have strict preferences on how the man should and should not behave. He's hardly doing anything, yet somehow some of you still found reasons to whine. :confused:

I think it's because Morrissey isn't photographed with very many celebrities. It's easy to read into it that Morrissey is giving tacit approval to whatever celebrity with whom he agrees to be photographed.

The conflict comes when Morrissey appears to be approving a celebrity that either a Morrissey fan personally dislikes or appears to be in conflict with Morrissey's philosophy (ie, Gaga embraces the music industry while Morrissey detests it).

It's just that Morrissey needed to actually walk back to her dressing room and pose for the photographer, meaning there was some effort and intent on his part. It wasn't just an "oh they ran into each other at a party" shot. The question is, why? Morrissey rejected Tom Hanks out of hand (I read somewhere) but poses with Lady Gaga.

I fall into the "personally dislikes" category.

For those people saying she's talentless check out something like this:

It might not be everyone's cup'o'tea, but you can't deny she has a voice. I can't see Madona or Kylie pulling off something like this. She also writes all her own material, designs the sets and a lot of her clothes. Whether you like her or not, she's a lot more 'hands on' than most pop stars .. I think that alone should give her some more credibility than your average Idol winner. And really that's the problem most people have with pop, they dismiss pop singers going "oh they don't write their own songs, or they just have computers helping them sing" ... and that's why so many people live Morrissey. Now someone comes along that addresses a lot of those issues people had with pop and people are still dismissive.
Like I say, fair enough if it's just not your thing, but to deny the talent is silly. And then there's the people who add "she's ugly" to their argument of why Moz shouldn't hang out with her, god, grow up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's because Morrissey isn't photographed with very many celebrities. It's easy to read into it that Morrissey is giving tacit approval to whatever celebrity with whom he agrees to be photographed.

The conflict comes when Morrissey appears to be approving a celebrity that either a Morrissey fan personally dislikes or appears to be in conflict with Morrissey's philosophy (ie, Gaga embraces the music industry while Morrissey detests it).

I don't know if Gaga really is an all out embracer of the music industry. Certainly she seems more involved in it than Morrissey is, and being the biggest pop star in the world at the moment means that would be unavoidable. But the girl is strange, she's defintely left of center and it's not just an act. I can see how Morrissey could be quite fascinated by her, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind the chance to have his ego rubbed a bit by her. (don't read too much into that line).

Honestly before I got more into Gaga and read about her and watched interviews I was really dismissive as well. But she is genuinely quite interesting I think. She's not a media whore the likes of a Paris Hilton, and she's not a complete drop kick like Amy Winehouse. You can tell she's a thinker and seemingly quite complex.

Other celebrity Moz fans have come out like Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit and Hilary Duff ... these are people I just could not see Morrissey meeting and being interested in. But I still wouldn't question their love for Morrissey.

God, how depressing.

my first thought too.

This is nice :)
The Moz schmutter is aces. Love to know who the jacket is by...
Before people go too...ga-ga (sorry)... over 'how could Morrissey stoop so low by standing next to this talentless trollope'?' I think some part of this may have been a semi-professional type of commitment. Merck Mercuriadis manages the guy Moz is clutching, his daughter took the photo, so it may very well have been a favour for a friend. MM's in town, Moz is in town, let's hook up, etcetera. They're clearly still on good terms (hopefully good enough to start managing him again!).
If you couple that with the fact that even Morrissey must be aware that Lady Ga-Ga is a devout fan, you can kinda see why Morrissey would attend. Blind adoration all around I'd say. I've no idea if M. likes Ga-Ga's art, but I can see that he'd appreciate her artifice.

and then I read this.. im gonna agree with it and believe that he doesnt like her 'art'.
:rolleyes:

I don't know if Gaga really is an all out embracer of the music industry. Certainly she seems more involved in it than Morrissey is, and being the biggest pop star in the world at the moment means that would be unavoidable. But the girl is strange, she's defintely left of center and it's not just an act. I can see how Morrissey could be quite fascinated by her, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind the chance to have his ego rubbed a bit by her. (don't read too much into that line).

Honestly before I got more into Gaga and read about her and watched interviews I was really dismissive as well. But she is genuinely quite interesting I think. She's not a media whore the likes of a Paris Hilton, and she's not a complete drop kick like Amy Winehouse. You can tell she's a thinker and seemingly quite complex.

Other celebrity Moz fans have come out like Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit and Hilary Duff ... these are people I just could not see Morrissey meeting and being interested in. But I still wouldn't question their love for Morrissey.

Oh, I don't question ANYONE's love for Morrissey. Loving Morrissey seems like the most natural thing in the world, so it's very easy for me to see how someone could love Morrissey.

It's the reciprocation of the love that gives me pause. Morrissey must have his reasons for having the pic taken. Maybe he was just being generous to a fan. God knows anyone of us would appreciate such a gesture in our direction.

It's the reciprocation of the love that gives me pause. Morrissey must have his reasons for having the pic taken. Maybe he was just being generous to a fan. God knows anyone of us would appreciate such a gesture in our direction.

Maybe. And maybe it's mutual admiration, like I said .. I can see how Morrissey could be fascinated by her. And if he is then I don't see what the big deal is. I don't consider her a guilty pleasure, but I'm sure some people do. And I'm sure everyone here has them, and I'm sure Morrissey has them too. I don't see why people find it so hard to accept the fact that Morrissey likes things that other people don't.
Hell I've had to, I can't stand the New York Dolls, and most of his taste in music really besides Sparks, Doll and the Kicks and a couple of others Buzzcocks etc.. But that doesn't mean I begrudge him for liking them.

Tags
gaga rocks! got my tix hataz moz sinking moz's cock
Back
Top Bottom