Moz goes GaGa

I think it's because Morrissey isn't photographed with very many celebrities. It's easy to read into it that Morrissey is giving tacit approval to whatever celebrity with whom he agrees to be photographed.

The conflict comes when Morrissey appears to be approving a celebrity that either a Morrissey fan personally dislikes or appears to be in conflict with Morrissey's philosophy (ie, Gaga embraces the music industry while Morrissey detests it).

It's just that Morrissey needed to actually walk back to her dressing room and pose for the photographer, meaning there was some effort and intent on his part. It wasn't just an "oh they ran into each other at a party" shot. The question is, why? Morrissey rejected Tom Hanks out of hand (I read somewhere) but poses with Lady Gaga.

I fall into the "personally dislikes" category.

I don't think Lady Gaga is the same type of celebrity as Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus, the way you implied. Even though I don't like her music at all, I can still respect her as an intelligent woman who does as she pleases - she's not Paris Hilton, despite the fact that it's easy to group the two together. I'm sure the teenagers who love her will wake up, yawn, and kill her, but you have to look beyond that to truly understand Lady Gaga.

Seeing this photograph, it looked like a shot of a true Morrissey fan finally meeting her idol. It made me smile, and I'm very happy for her.

Morrissey has always been interesting and unpredictable. That's what keeps us following his every move.

I don't think Lady Gaga is the same type of celebrity as Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus, the way you implied. Even though I don't like her music at all, I can still respect her as an intelligent woman who does as she pleases - she's not Paris Hilton, despite the fact that it's easy to group the two together. I'm sure the teenagers who love her will wake up, yawn, and kill her, but you have to look beyond that to truly understand Lady Gaga.

Seeing this photograph, it looked like a shot of a true Morrissey fan finally meeting her idol. It made me smile, and I'm very happy for her.

Morrissey has always been interesting and unpredictable. That's what keeps us following his every move.

I agree with this. She pulled her little stunt at the Mets game a week after meeting Morrissey, my timeline was screwed up when I initially reacted. SHe doesn't even know HOW to give the bird, I mean c'mon. :squiffy:

lady-gaga-flipping-off.jpg

If worlds are parallely aligned, while Morrissey was taking in a Gaga show, I was in a room of screaming five year olds stapling fake trees to the wall and constantly distracted by inquiries to "LOOK AT ME AMIE!" :(

Re: Morrissey picture in Rolling Stone mag w/Lady Gaga

5dragon2.jpg

Hmmmm, Morrissey's jacket is pretty close. The dude could be his horse. The spread on the table in the back the crops. Gaga looks kinda reptilian. Secret maiden steers the zombie/dragon behind her through prayer. I'm thinking this is the closest.

K are we done now? :straightface:

Last edited:

St-George-Fighting-the-Dragon-1505.jpg

I'm kinda digging this one too because the figures line up better. THe guy is the horse to his immediate left and Gaga is to his right. I mean if you think about it Morrissey is meeting his false mirror, right? THis sexually ambiguous rabble rouser, the difference being that Gaga seeks attention with costume antics and over the top displays of strangeness, while Morrissey is just being himself, he doesn't have to try so hard. So she's like the phoney Morrissey. He meets her, slays her (she looks pretty slayed, she's meeting one of her favorite musicians) but symbolically he's saying "I'm not afraid of you, phoney." Gaga doesn't know this. GA in America is Georgia, that's how I came up with the mirror and found the image. Easy. Google St George Dragon, there's tons of options, some little person just caught it on film, right? Didn't someone write that the horse's daughter took the pic?

On the off chance Lady Gaga is reading this, no offense. I'm just crazy.

And apologize to Kristeen for copying her clothing designs. kthx.

here we go again ....
a lot of you lot sound like my old school teachers with your we dont approve of this and that. a lot of you said he was racist a few days a go .now your saying how you dont like moz out with ga ga . let morrissey do what he wants .
i just want to see the boy happy

I think there was only one person who implied he was racist, and that was followed with a question mark. I wouldn't count one person as "a lot," and making a statement like that gives unnecessary validation to the accusation.

I think there was only one person who implied he was racist, and that was followed with a question mark. I wouldn't count one person as "a lot," and making a statement like that gives unnecessary validation to the accusation.

yes fair point their i did not intend to offend any body with that.or group every body into the same pot.
back to moz and gaga its good to see he is out and about.im not sure about the other fella with them

Blimey some people on here will have a go at moz for anything, thought you were fans????

He's been to a lady gaga concert and met her afterwards, so what, he can do what the bloody hell he likes. Good on him having a night out....or would you lot still want hi
to sit in a darkened room watching old re runs of steptoe and son

get a grip!!

Blimey some people on here will have a go at moz for anything, thought you were fans????

He's been to a lady gaga concert and met her afterwards, so what, he can do what the bloody hell he likes. Good on him having a night out....or would you lot still want hi
to sit in a darkened room watching old re runs of steptoe and son

get a grip!!

Being a fan doesn't mean to approve everything Morrissey does.
Everyone is entitled to express his / her opinion.

Personally I'm indifferent to a photo of Morrissey and Gaga.

Being a fan doesn't mean to approve everything Morrissey does.
Everyone is entitled to express his / her opinion.

Personally I'm indifferent to a photo of Morrissey and Gaga.

Yeah but there supposed to be fans, but yet all they do is slag him off!

Moz can like/dislike who he wants, just wish people on here wouldn't keep thinking morrissey owes them something, if you get what I mean?

Moz like gaga, fair enough it's his personal decision. Also who's to say his mum/sister isn't a fan and he took them to see her

I saw him hawking some shit single off ringleaders at wireless, getting people to text a f***ing number, so that was definitely lower.
I think it's funny. He looks miso.

It wasn't Wireless in July 2008, V festival in August 2006. :rolleyes:

The comments have been reduced to caveman status. We've come full circle. :p

I actually only come on this site on my iPhone, so the iPhone sometimes changes words....have you never spelt something without an S at the end?

This site really is full of people who aren't morrissey fans

morrissey-soLOW

I lay it on the line that I hate Gaga with all of my heart.
It is what it is.

Last edited:
Tags
gaga rocks! got my tix hataz moz sinking moz's cock
Back
Top Bottom