Moz should go total indie Radiohead style

Re: nah

Where is Maurice E?

He'll explain to you why it doesn't suit Morrissey later.

I've heard why it doesn't suit him, but I still think it's a good idea.

Has anyone suggested this? Seems like a perfect fit for an artist who's had so much trouble with record companies in the past. Record and distribute your music independently! I'll add this to the wish for 2010 but yeah, really!

More info about this free agent business plan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiohead#In_Rainbows_and_independent_work_.282005.E2.80.932009.29

http://www.billboard.com/search/?ke...celebrates-free-agent-status-1003655498.story

I think there's some controversy about whether this actually works as these few bands have claimed. Certainly there must be a reason more bands
haven't done it. This could work for an established band like Radiohead or Nine Inch Nails to tread water, once. But I'd be surprised if a band could continue a successful career for very long like that.

I really think you need to go through one of the major labels to use their network of connections, contracts and payola to get your music heard on radio and music television to grow your fan base. The music labels are like the two party system in America, they have the rules about media / debate / etc. set up so that it's hard to go it on your own.

Under my eyes it seems good and possible. Morrissey is strong and can get money to make an independent album

Under my eyes it seems good and possible. Morrissey is strong and can get money to make an independent album

But he already has his own record company. Kristeen Young and Doll and the Kicks put their own records out. Where do they go? Nowhere... without help. Making and printing (or uploading) the record is simple, it's what happens next that all but a few of the most famous bands have been able to do, and then only once.

Is Radiohead going to release a second album online again? IIRC, their "Internet-album" was then released as a physical album afterwards too, right?

Back
Top Bottom