Radiohead vs The Smiths

so far it's the smiths: 61 and radiohead: 22. i do fancy the cover, though.

Awesome cover. They mean it. They're not trying to "make it their own," they're just playing the song. It's nearly note for note the same, but it's clearly Radiohead and not The Smiths. I won't vote for either, but as covers go this is ace.

I can't tell you how many covers of "Ask" I've heard. I wonder why it's usually that one?

I think Radiohead did an awesome job. :thumb:

It's nearly note for note the same

Most of it isn't even close!

Johnny Marr transcribed the main riff in guitar magazine a few years ago and the radiohead version is nowhere near that.

Isn't Johnny quoted as saying he was surprised they got is so wrong as he had shown ed the right chords in Australia or something?

I do want to add that I think it is listenable and it is great that Radiohead are trying to reproduce a classic.

I like Radiohead but I liked them more before they stuck their heads up their arses.

I remember thinking: Damn it's actually good! Radiohead stayed true to the original. Good for them. I can't choose though.

Most of it isn't even close!

Johnny Marr transcribed the main riff in guitar magazine a few years ago and the radiohead version is nowhere near that.

Isn't Johnny quoted as saying he was surprised they got is so wrong as he had shown ed the right chords in Australia or something?

Oh, I wouldn't have guessed that. It sounds so much the same. I'm not a musician, though.

Cover sounded ace thick n beefy, then Thom Yorke opened his mouth, and ruined it.

Back
Top Bottom