Nashville, TN - The Fisher Center (Oct. 15, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / How Soon Is Now? / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Girlfriend In A Coma / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway / Jack the Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm & FWD.

Last edited:
Pics by @basia_ana

nash 1.jpg

I usually defend Morrissey on most issues but I can’t defend some of these set list inclusions anymore, it’s absolutely embarrassing to be playing AYSHDITW when he has such an incredible back catalogue. He could use these shows as an opportunity to showcase the strength of BOT or some recent unreleased tracks. Why perform covers of banal country songs when he could enchant the crowd with classics like The Boy with a Thorn in his Side, or Late Night, Maudlin Street. I highly doubt any Morrissey fan, even living in Nashville wants to hear covers of Waylon Jennings. Golden Lights would be a welcome surprise at this point.

I usually defend Morrissey on most issues but I can’t defend some of these set list inclusions anymore, it’s absolutely embarrassing to be playing AYSHDITW when he has such an incredible back catalogue. He could use these shows as an opportunity to showcase the strength of BOT or some recent unreleased tracks. Why perform covers of banal country songs when he could enchant the crowd with classics like The Boy with a Thorn in his Side, or Late Night, Maudlin Street.
I highly doubt any Morrissey fan, even living in Nashville wants to hear covers of Waylon Jennings. Golden Lights would be a welcome surprise at this point.

Of course us long time fans at home want to hear certain songs, etc. But your opinion runs contrary to the people that were actually at the shows so far. I guess you had to be there.

Pics by nashgolightly
nash 2.jpg

nash3.jpg

nash 4.jpg

Pic by @xrushtodangerx

nash 5.jpg

Of course us long time fans at home want to hear certain songs, etc. But your opinion runs contrary to the people that were actually at the shows so far. I guess you had to be there.
Maybe it was specifically aimed at the Memphis/Nashville audience and it won’t appear in Washington/New York? He’s doing a setlist for the tickets buyers not the moany people on here!

I usually defend Morrissey on most issues but I can’t defend some of these set list inclusions anymore, it’s absolutely embarrassing to be playing AYSHDITW when he has such an incredible back catalogue. He could use these shows as an opportunity to showcase the strength of BOT or some recent unreleased tracks. Why perform covers of banal country songs when he could enchant the crowd with classics like The Boy with a Thorn in his Side, or Late Night, Maudlin Street. I highly doubt any Morrissey fan, even living in Nashville wants to hear covers of Waylon Jennings. Golden Lights would be a welcome surprise at this point.
Agreed 100%
BUT - I will say - he was in top form in voice and in investment- so it made the concert memorable
ps Carmen can really play

Any insight on the post-encore screen animation of the gunshot?

Phenomenal show though…. Band was incredibly talented, the sound was fantastic. Like others, I would have liked to hear more of his songs and even some Smiths. That being said, he put on a really great show. I hope he felt welcomed by Nashville!

Of course the late great Waylon Jennings is one of the all time greats, but I agree Morrissey does have a deep catalog and does not make sense from the fans point of view to hear a cover song when he could whip out Piccadilly Palare. But, I guess it is not really the songs so much as enjoying a night out with Morrissey and your mate(s). I have not been to any of the shows myself, but by most accounts everyone seems to be having a good time and the comments from those that have been to the show says the band and Morrissey is in top form.

some great photos,some of these stages are on the large side,doesnt take anything away from the performance,just like the band a little closer together.
memphis and nashville two of the great american places for music.

Any insight on the post-encore screen animation of the gunshot?

Phenomenal show though…. Band was incredibly talented, the sound was fantastic. Like others, I would have liked to hear more of his songs and even some Smiths. That being said, he put on a really great show. I hope he felt welcomed by Nashville!
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom