New Album

Very good news... but please no US tour until Oct. at the earliest, because it wouldn't matter if he played the middle school gym across the street from my house, I wouldn't be able to go. :( Probably. :confused:

Aaaaah, so that explains the drum message on the Late Late Show.
'Years of Refusal' ? I likes it.
Whos refusal ? His ? The world around him ? Hmmmmm....

I think we should start a poll as to which 3 tracks we'd like on 'Southpaw Grammar Redux'.
My top 3 would be 'Honey, You Know Where To Find Me'/'Stay As you Are'/'Kit'
Kind regards,
joe.

Very good news... but please no US tour until Oct. at the earliest, because it wouldn't matter if he played the middle school gym across the street from my house, I wouldn't be able to go. :( Probably. :confused:

I agree! That was the FIRST thing I thought of when I read the news! My september is already 50% booked up with work travel and a pre-paid vacation! :eek:

(although a late August 5 night stand someplace would be quite acceptable!)

This is like two christmasses in one day :)

I reckon we can see Honey, You Know Where To Find Me on SG!
Hoping this new album is strong.

Love PTxx.

Don't know if it has already been posted but here it is for those who can't be arsed visitng TTY:

Morrissey's new studio album 'Years of Refusal' is now complete, and is set for a September release by Polydor UK (Universal). It has yet to be decided which Universal label will release the album in the US.
'Years of Refusal' has 12 tracks and is produced by Jerry Finn.
Prior to this, Sony-BMG will issue a remastered version of 'Southpaw Grammar' in July. This album, first released in 1995, will include three previously unreleased tracks, and new artwork.

Love PTxx.

There's always something to look forward to.

I think we should start a poll as to which 3 tracks we'd like on 'Southpaw Grammar Redux'.
My top 3 would be 'Honey, You Know Where To Find Me'/'Stay As you Are'/'Kit'
Kind regards,
joe.

Wow, somehow I missed the whole 3 extra tracks on the re-released Southpaw Grammar thing! I think I read the part about new artwork and immediately began daydreaming about what it might be. :D ;)

Anyway, YAAAAAAAAAAY for all the wonderful news!!!!!! :D Can't wait!!! I love the new title and my husband is lucky that I woke up to this news b/c I am so happy, it has prevented me from castrating him for forgetting to make reservations for our 10 year wedding anniversary tonight. :rolleyes:

Wow, somehow I missed the whole 3 extra tracks on the re-released Southpaw Grammar thing! I think I read the part about new artwork and immediately began daydreaming about what it might be. :D ;)

Anyway, YAAAAAAAAAAY for all the wonderful news!!!!!! :D Can't wait!!! I love the new title and my husband is lucky that I woke up to this news b/c I am so happy, it has prevented me from castrating him for forgetting to make reservations for our 10 year wedding anniversary tonight. :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha! Hopefully the new album & SG won't be released on September 19th, because then that would spoil our 10th anniversary. :D

probably "honey, you know where to find me" and... help me here...

no they wouldn't be recent tracks. that would be wrong.

That's what I was thinking, Dave. Maybe they'll include the acoustic version of "Reader Meet Author" as well?

It doesn't say anything about including the b-sides on the release as well, but I'm hoping this is the case. I would love to see "Nobody Loves Us" and the harder to find "You Must Please Remember" as extra tracks, plus the three unreleased songs. Why remaster the entire album and throw in a couple extra songs, but leave out the best two songs from the sessions?

I just hope they don't butcher the remastering. Remastering, if done right, will be beneficial to the earlier solo albums and Smiths albums alike. It can bring out the details of the music without being overly loud. But don't forget Southpaw is a loud enough album already!

I just hope they don't butcher the remastering. Remastering, if done right, will be beneficial to the earlier solo albums and Smiths albums alike. It can bring out the details of the music without being overly loud. But don't forget Southpaw is a loud enough album already!

I love Southpaw. It's currently in my car. Great driving music.

I enjoy the "hefty" muscle-y sound of his current band, especially live. Hope the new album uses that to full advantage.

Don't know if it has already been posted but here it is for those who can't be arsed visitng TTY:

Morrissey's new studio album 'Years of Refusal' is now complete, and is set for a September release by Polydor UK (Universal). It has yet to be decided which Universal label will release the album in the US.
'Years of Refusal' has 12 tracks and is produced by Jerry Finn.
Prior to this, Sony-BMG will issue a remastered version of 'Southpaw Grammar' in July. This album, first released in 1995, will include three previously unreleased tracks, and new artwork.

Love PTxx.

I'm really looking forward to the remastered version of Southpaw. New album sounds like it's going to be a good one too with Mama, Skull already showcased.

regarding Southpaw, it would be nice if it included some of the period B-Sides, and maybe "Sunny", as well.... for years people on this board have been creating "What If" tracklists to improve Southpaw - finally the chance arrives!

I've always loved the demo of "Honey You Know Where to Find Me." Would be great to hear it polished and finished.

Odd that they are starting off with Southpaw, incidentally. Why not start from (before) the beginning? Are SG and Maladjusted the only ones out of print currently?

Perhaps Maladjusted will get the treatment as well.... it would be a smasher with the B Sides added in and new artwork.

Last edited:
Something in me hopes he'll go completely, awesomely insane for a moment and use a current picture instead and have the unreleased tracks be inexplicably time travel themed.

lol :D

I interpret "Years of Refusal" being about always doing what he wants to do instead of what others want him to do.

Mmm hmm (yes) that can encompass a lot

moz: "what would you like for your unhappy birthday?"
me: "a new album would be splendid"

yeah, thats pretty much how it went down.;)

My unhappy birthday is in September and yes, a new album would be a splendid gift!

Hahahahaha! Hopefully the new album & SG won't be released on September 19th, because then that would spoil our 10th anniversary. :D

Our 11th is Sept 27. If my dh doesn't want it ruined, he better let me have my Moz muzic ;)

Re: Southpaw Grammar remastered

Never mind the new album (well of course I am minding) but is there anyone excited about the remastered SG? with the 3 unrealeased tracks?
I really am looking fwd to this. :D

I'm very excited about both. This is awesome news. Perhaps we'll get a crystal clear version of "Honey You Know Where to Find Me?":):):)

That's what I was thinking, Dave. Maybe they'll include the acoustic version of "Reader Meet Author" as well?

It doesn't say anything about including the b-sides on the release as well, but I'm hoping this is the case. I would love to see "Nobody Loves Us" and the harder to find "You Must Please Remember" as extra tracks, plus the three unreleased songs. Why remaster the entire album and throw in a couple extra songs, but leave out the best two songs from the sessions?

If this is distributed by Rhino as was originally reported earlier in the year, they will likely have at least the studio B-sides in addition to the unreleased songs. My money is on Honey..., Laughing Anne, and You Should Have Been Nice to Me. Kit was recorded during the Maladjusted sessions, as far as available information has told us.

Great news--finally a proper send-off for a career highlight that has been left in the shadows too long.

Cheers,
Jamie

I'm going down the bookies and putting a tenner on the three tracks being "Kit", "I Know Who I Love" and "Honey You Know Where To Find Me". Where's Mr Reynolds when you need him?:D

Peter

P.S - Do you think that this might be the very special release mentioned on www.morrisseydirect.com?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom