Morrissey Central "New! New! New!" 2024 Dates for Latin American tour leg (September 22, 2023)

unnamed-5.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please is there an explanation for this?

Juan Galeano leads a band in Colombia called Diamante Electrico. He played in Colombia's Festival Cordillera last Saturday. Same date he had with Morrissey in Argentina.
He must have originally had someone lined up to cover for him.

How many Moz songs are there about air disasters? More than one?

Hope he and his band stay safe on these tours.

He must have originally had someone lined up to cover for him.
He's the frontman, the lead singer of a well-known band in his country. He writes the songs and sings them. He stands in the middle of stage.

It's totally unprofessional and makes no sense that someone would suddenly replace him.

Would you pay and go see The Smiths if suddenly there was another singer?

I believe I shared this information back in May when the band posted it, but the band being on the billing for the festival was known and advertised well before the Morrissey tour information appeared if it helps.
Regards,
FWD.

He's the frontman, the lead singer of a well-known band in his country. He writes the songs and sings them. He stands in the middle of stage.

It's totally unprofessional and makes no sense that someone would suddenly replace him.

Morrissey could have got someone to cover him.

Wish he could do more dates in london or at least advertise them better
He did 4 in 9 months from October last year to July of this. Plus Aylesbury, Brighton and Portsmouth which aren’t far out the capital. I’m sure you would have been aware of those dates had you called by here or looked on socials. Even if you had cancelled your NME subscription.

I believe I shared this information back in May when the band posted it, but the band being on the billing for the festival was known and advertised well before the Morrissey tour information appeared if it helps.
Regards,
FWD.

Good catch. Did anyone mention after MC announced the South American tour that it was the same date as Argentina?

Who else believes another bassist would have suddenly played in one of Morrissey's biggest shows in years?

And just because the new guy Juan had to play with his band Diamante Eléctrico. Give me a break.

He did 4 in 9 months from October last year to July of this. Plus Aylesbury, Brighton and Portsmouth which aren’t far out the capital. I’m sure you would have been aware of those dates had you called by here or looked on socials. Even if you had cancelled your NME subscription.
Has he done The Roundhouse before?

Nobody cares dude

Hope the people who got tickets for the cancelled ones will be valid, or change to new, but dont know if refunds are given.
The tickets will be valid. And there's a refund process in place (at least in Chile, I assume everywhere) if you decide not to go to the new date.

Please is there an explanation for this?

Juan Galeano leads a band in Colombia called Diamante Electrico. He played in Colombia's Festival Cordillera last Saturday. Same date he had with Morrissey in Argentina.

Was it a last moment decision to get the gig because Morrissey had postponed the tour?

Nope, the festival's line-up was announced in June ( weeks after Morrissey Central announced the tour in South America ) and further posts on social media, even in September, included Diamante Electrico as if no one, especially in Colombia, might have thought it was a bit strange that Mr Galeano would play in two different countries at the same time?

A couple of possibilities: someone was going to replace Juan with Diamante Electrico on this show (seems unlikely but, haven't the Polecats played without Boz?) or someone else was going to play bass with Morrissey on at least that date of the tour? A bit odd for sure.

That is a nice lineup btw.

Back
Top Bottom