"Noel Gallagher admits to being in awe of Morrissey's drinking abilities" - Gigwise

Link via caramarie67.tumblr.com:

Noel Gallagher admits to being in awe of Morrissey's drinking abilities
- Gigwise
Gallagher: 'He was necking it. Top Man. I love him'

Noel Gallagher has revealed that he was in awe of Morrissey's drinking skills when the former Smiths frontman once visited the Oasis dressing room before one of their gigs for a quick beverage.

Gallagher seems to judge a fellow musician's character by the amount of vodka they can handle and was thoroughly impressed by Morrissey's efforts.

The 45-year-old told the Daily Star: "I asked him what he wanted to drink, and he said vodka.

"I swear to you, he had about three-quarters of a pint of vodka with a splash of tonic.

"He was necking it. Top man. I love him."

Last edited:
60-6065-CNAD100Z.jpg

You can always tell when Moz is drunk on stage. Personally, I kind of like it, though I hope he doesn't f*** his health up too much.

It isn't a suprise to comment in the Smiths days, that Morrissey consumed whine.

[no not drunk on stolen whine, me guesses he got them, or let them buy ]

Vodka is very populair 'cause you don't smell like a drunk, but it's just 1 story of 1 visit
at Gallagher's / Oasis dressing room, Morrissey is healthy looking , and doesn't smoke , that's what really counts , not smoking.

Last edited:
You can always tell when Moz is drunk on stage. Personally, I kind of like it, though I hope he doesn't f*** his health up too much.

It's a fine balance. Just enough to take the edge off, not too much that you forget stuff. I find a double vodka and lime does the job very well.

P.

Nice clip. In that clip, I think he was at a James Maker show, a band he was in I mean. He mentioned the singer James...at first I thought he may have been talking about Tim Booth, being friends since they were both 16. But once I saw the clip of the band at the end, I knew it wasn't James the band. Always cool to know so much about somebody you 'love' that you can connect the dots in their lives, just from the stories you've heard.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom