'Oh Lou / why did you leave us this way?' - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

'Oh Lou / why did you leave us this way?' - true-to-you.net

27 October 2013
morrissey_and_lou_reed.jpg

'Oh Lou / why did you leave us this way?'

No words to express the sadness at the death of Lou Reed. He had been there all of my life. He will always be pressed to my heart. Thank God for those, like Lou, who move within their own laws, otherwise imagine how dull the world would be. I knew the Lou of recent years and he was always full of good heart. His music will outlive time itself.
We are all timebound, but today, with the loss of liberating Lou, life is a pigsty.

'7 glasses used to be
called for six good mates and me
now we only call for three'

-Patrick MacGill

double_spacer.jpg

MORRISSEY
27 October 2013

Related item:
Lou Reed is dead at 71 - Oct. 27, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
BrummieBoy,

I'm sure I speak for the masses when I say that your self-righteous tone is boring and ordinary.

Anyone and everyone has the right to mourn those who they choose to mourn, so long as it is sincere. The upsetting part is that they ignore the grand scheme of things. The "grand scheme" being this: People die daily (many through acts of injustice), and it is ignored; but when celebrities die, and you can almost hear the fake cries from across the globe.

Still, people like Morrissey view these icons as their friends and sources of guidance. He has been a follower of Lou since he was twelve. I'm not surprised in the slightest that he made such a (mildly) dramatic ode to him. Would you expect anything else? Would you?
I cannot read people's hearts, but I'm nearly positive that Morrissey's write-up was not an act of pseudo-grief, as you said. In this sick world, though, it's a burden and challenge to figure out what is sincere and what isn't.

I personally appreciate those who mourn Lou for the right reasons. He had a message: Be yourself. People followed it. Lives were changed. We're all happy. And now, we all mourn, and hope for the best for his family and friends.

Stay sane.

JIM M. X

Hello Jim

Yes, you speak for the 'masses' for Herd Culture, as does Morrissey. But you do not speak for Lou Reed.

I've 'followed' Lou since I was 12, but as a discerning member of the Audience, not a fan. He didn't change my life, but those who informed his art certainly did. He was only original within the breathtaking conformity of popular music. He's no literary genius. Nor is Dylan. And don't even think about suggesting that Morrissey meets the criteria.

The first time we met, Lou was non-plussed that I held back from the devotees and just raised my eyebrow. He approached me. We talked at length and he wanted to continue the conversation which we did at other times. However, he was not a personal friend, and was not well disposed to my criticisms that he behaved incredibly foolishly, as did Bowie and Iggy, in foisting the pseudo-rebellion of endless hedonism onto impressionable youth, just like all the other fake 'rebels' he hung out with. I hardly cared that he defended his behaviour, whilst Ralf and I rolled eyes at the Obvious Troll is Obvious re-run of already discredited tropes of post-war consumer excess as 'rebellion'. Mind you, we're rooted in the European industrial cultures of Birmingham and Dusseldorf, not the Norman vanity project of London or the Time Square Americana memetic cauldron that Lou and Andy traversed with aplomb. So it's perhaps understandable that Lou just couldn't follow the argument for so many years. Who cares? He doesn't. He's left the planet.

What was important about Lou and his colleagues in the Velvet Underground was that they referenced gritty urban culture at a time when the La La Land nonsense of hippy counterculture was hegemonic. Very few people noticed or cared. I only became aware of them because of a hip priest who had discovered them in New York. It's ridiculous for Morrissey to try and eulogise Lou Reed, who spent most of his career either as a genuine Outsider, or a bitter angry Bowie fellow-traveller, when Morrissey cares only for sales and acclaim by press and other C-list celebrities. As Eno suggested, the Velvets only sold 10,000 records but most who heard them went on to form bands which were usually crap. It shows that the real path-finder artists don't necessarily get crowds storming venues in Greece or given the keys to Tel Aviv, or sell more tickets than Oasis, etc. Now, the Velvets, like the Pistols, have become a tiresome touchstone, the Blarney Stone arse-kissing trophy/totem for fake punk/post-punk Boomers to comfort themselves that they were always hipper than the Zepp or Abba fans, for instance. No sensible or serious person now thinks this, and no-one did in playgrounds in English industrial cities in the early 70s when a bunch of pseuds walked around with "Raw Power" thinking that that made them 'hip', rather than desperate and insecure. Warhol, so much to answer for, etc.

If everyone who claimed to have been at a Sexy Pisser concert or to have been 'into the Velvets and the Dolls and Iggy' in the early 70s were assembled, they'd fill Wembley stadium several times over. People are telling porkies. And Arthur Lee's Love, for instance, are just as significant as the Velvets to serious cultural curators. Nick Drake..the Velvets told important stories that were ignored. Now? It's a cliche business card handed out by prats who thought Metallica were just heavy metal nonsense until St Lou showed them the light.

My eulogy to Lou Reed will be part of my posthumous diaries. For the record: I miss him, and last night, when the Rockabilly Halloween party in King's Norton was interuppted by a message from the stage that Lou had died, I couldn't get my mojo back, despite the wild ecstasy of The Delray Rockets. I drove home and wrote a song. It's called "Monday Mourning". If/when it's released, it *might* become clear what Lou Reed and the rest of the Velvet Underground meant in my life. But as they are now such an obvious reference by desperate hipsters, I doubt it will make the cut.

regards
BB

ps: Jim, do I know you? I'm terrible with names, but it rings a bell. PM me with a face pic,if we've met, and you'd like to reconvene. Or maybe that's another Jim Moriarty? You're not a BrummieBoy, are you? LOL! Stay sane? In this world? Without Lou! Dear God! Please help me! How will I get through this day? "Monday morning, as it's dawning, I'm just thinking about all the games that we played.."

Nailed it!

Nailed yourself, more like. Oslo. I was using his 'respectful statement' as a template to debunk his grief over St Lou.

I nailed it. He knows it, you know it. Everybody knows it. End of.

- - - Updated - - -

And Brummie is a supposed to be a culture vulture

You're from Goole, and a Fall 'fan'. The word 'culture' doesn't spring to mind when thinking of your insipid puss(y)

- - - Updated - - -

What other way should he have left us ?

Benny-the-Butcher

Let's embalm him in a mausoleum so the punk/post-punk Boomer frauds can always visit the St Lou and pay their respects for saving them from Black Sabbath and, er..Metallica. Etc.

Wow! Zero called BrummieBoy attacks Morrissey. Apparently for being too wordy and taking himself too seriously. And in so doing this ripe tw@t Brummie Boy serves up the biggest load of pretentious leaden tripe. Beyond irony.

I think I'll burn all of my Brummie Boy CD, DVDs and books. Oh, hang on, there aren't any. What a gold plated loser.

There are dozens of such cultural artefacts by BrummieBoy, but they won't be released until at least the time when my daughter is old enough to withstand the apocalypse of 'fame' *rollseyes* that would engulf her if her father crossed the Rubicon prematurely.

I don't think I need to attract people like you into my life, do I? Stick with your Morrissey's herd culture products and concert experiences. He's such a rebel yell, so conveniently packaged and sold by major entertainment corporations, at least till they couldn't make a profit on "Kid's A Looker".

"Elvis, are you out there somewhere, living like a happy man? In the snow with Rosebud..?"

Yes, I am. I've answered this query enough. Next question.

Of course we are all unique as creatures, and the value to society of plumbers, electricians and carpenters is in truth far greater than mere performers, but the reason Reed and others with similar talents are so regarded is that they are - to twist the language a little - "more" unique. If an asteroid hits the planet tomorrow few will cry "send for Radiohead!" You'd probably want a few bricklayers. Not that they'd turn up...

There are plenty of plumbers in my local Yellow Pages, but no Lou Reeds. Today even the New York Yellow Pages will need amending.

If you toilet blocks today, what is more important to you? Playing your Lou Reed albums, or that a BrummieBoy like me in a White Van turns up with the tools to get your life back on track?

Plumbing is more important than popular music. Although I think Lou has given me good value for money in return for my investment in his career. Just as the lads who converted the garage did, but they don't want endless accolades. Maybe it's a Brummie thing? We can't stand pseuds or poseurs (unless it's ironic, as we thought it was in 83 until Moz went bonkers). We recognise talent, hard work, care for the sick members of the Mercian tribe, hate Normans and professional 24 hour party people from Madchester, etc.

If Morrissey was trapped on a desert island with me and my mates, what service could he provide to us in exchange for food, shelter and protection from wild animals? ...don't answer!

- - - Updated - - -

BrummieTwit your comments and bile are uncalled for, unnecessary, unhelpful, and ultimately unintelligible. This is not the time or place for your poison. You are just giving the Moz Solo site a bad name, which it doesn't deserve.

er, "Fcuk Morrissey-Solo"? LOL!

Fcuk fake Lou Reed grief. Read Morrissey's statement on the Norway massacre which is ful of bile, was uncalled for, unnecessary, unhelpful, and ultimately unintelligible. That was not the time or place for his poison. And now is not the time for his maudlin wailing about Lou Reed.

Bejesus BummieBoy, you really need to take your medication. Preferably in one fell swoop and rinsed down with a bottle of very strong liquor. 24 Moz-related posts in the last 24 hours from someone who evidently cannot stand the man's guts is seriously worrying, mate. Is your life that f***ing empty and meaningless?

Of course we are all unique as creatures, and the value to society of plumbers, electricians and carpenters is in truth far greater than mere performers, but the reason Reed and others with similar talents are so regarded is that they are - to twist the language a little - "more" unique. If an asteroid hits the planet tomorrow few will cry "send for Radiohead!" You'd probably want a few bricklayers. Not that they'd turn up...

There are plenty of plumbers in my local Yellow Pages, but no Lou Reeds. Today even the New York Yellow Pages will need amending.

Hey, Jamie, ya Pict prat barmpot: cop a view of the arse on that new window cleaner. He's my kind of super-hero..I think his name's Roy..he's very keen. 180! I doubt Lou cleaned his own windows in New York either, those skyscapers, you need a real superhero man with spunk and a chamois to do that kind of stuff..not a silly singer.LOL1

"We've never seen a Keener window-cleaner Back up the ladder Into each corner Dunking the chamois Just think of the goodwill
The ladder's a planet Roy is a star, and I am a satellite (But that's alright) Don't say you'll hold it steady Then you let it go
Don't say you'll hold it steady Then you let it go "

Oh woe! My levity passes and i'm plunged back into grief about St Lou! Where is room service with my cow-milk Latte?

Bejesus BummieBoy, you really need to take your medication. Preferably in one fell swoop and rinsed down with a bottle of very strong liquor. 24 Moz-related posts in the last 24 hours from someone who evidently cannot stand the man's guts is seriously worrying, mate. Is your life that f***ing empty and meaningless?

Brummie by name, bunny-boiler by nature? After inducing criticisms of Mozzer's 'wordy' book he decides to hijack the death of one of his favourite warblers to criticise Morrissey some more. I mean waiting to make the first comment, tragedy ensues?

For unedited unbridled joy Brummie Boy is fast becoming the heir to Morrissey's autobiography. I guess that's what happen when you read his book 3 times. The unhinged element seeps through. The new Birmingham Library seems to be already attracting those with nothing better to do all day than type streams of consciousness about a life imagined lived. Crown Court is a far better day out for free imho.

There are dozens of such cultural artefacts by BrummieBoy, but they won't be released until at least the time when my daughter is old enough to withstand the apocalypse of 'fame' *rollseyes* that would engulf her if her father crossed the Rubicon prematurely.

Oh, dear. Delusions, delusions, delusions...

Indeed. You have to laugh... a little. Cognitive therapy and mood stabilisers would probably help.

Spare me your diagnostic skills, Dr Swells. You tried to bolster your inner fragility by comparing me to Chapman. And fell flat on your face. There is a cult. Morrissey calls the cult members 'apostles', derides an ex-business partner and drummer as 'Iscariot'. And imagines there is a conspiracy to stop the cult spreading by denying radio play, advertising budgets and lavish recording studio budgets. It's very clearly a cult.

I compared you to Chapman because you exhibit exactly the same behavioural patterns. There is no cult. Just disparate people who happen to like the same thing.

Morrissey expects to be as successful as U2 and Coldplay but there's no basis for such unwarrented expectations. Whilst a minor success, he clearly has fantasies of greater success, once the 'conspiracy' against him is defeated. His artistic accomplishments are entirely normative in terms of record sales and concert attendances. If you are assuming that there is a consensus as to the quality of his work, then that's just more cult blather.

Morrissey has achieved more success, artistically and commercially, than the vast majority of human beings who have ever existed. His name will be remembered alongside Elvis, Sinatra, Dylan at the top of the musical pantheon. He has achieved precisely the "superior accomplishments" that you and Chapman have not. Hence the NPD symptoms below do offer an insightful summary of your behaviour on this site:

Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
Envies others and believes others envy him/her
Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
Is arrogant in attitudes and behaviour

I know! Where's the valium? I can't BEAR the fact that Lou Reed has been taken by cruel fate! "Whiskey you're the divil!" I've drunk two bottles of Jack Daniels, but not even Asleep by The Smiths can stop me crying.

I love Morrissey! Isn't it obvious this is all a desperate cry for help? That one day he might let me touch the hem of his cologne-scented designer shirt! Just once, and I can die happily. ahem..

Yes, my life is empty and meaningless, but as Morrissey taught us "Life is nothing much to lose". Let's all commit mass suicide in protest at God for taking Lou from us! I know he's in Rock Star Heaven now, but.."oh Lou! why did you leave us this way?"

Where the hell is my hotel concierge? How the f*** am I supposed to function if my designer slacks haven't been pressed? I wear black on the outside because Lou is Dead! DEAD! *sobs uncontrollably, flings himself onto unmade bed, rings room service to complain, again, that room hasn't been tidied*

Ah, feck it, I'm bored of this for now. off to other real/fake/mixed imaginary and real life personas, avatars, etc. I hope GCHQ haven't figured out I'm here yet...*smirks*

Of course his life is empty and meaningless. Anyone even semi-sane would go away and spend their time focusing on something they actually like, rather than waste all day hunched over his computer spewing bile on a website about an artist they hate.

BrummieBoy hisses and groans, and constantly moans, YET HE WON'T EVER GO AWAY.

What a sad, waste of a life.

Oh, dear. Delusions, delusions, delusions...

oh, Dr Swells is in da surgery bright and bushy tailed on a Monday morning! I know, I can't think, read, write, sing, dance, play several instruments: it's all just a fantasy! Why doesn't someone report me to the Police as a potential axe-murderer? I'm sure they'd listen to someone who thinks they're Orson and/or Oscar depending on their mood swing de jour.

Indeed. You have to laugh... a little. Cognitive therapy and mood stabilisers would probably help.

They didn't help Moz, which is cruel and sad. Are you trying to use cogno-normatitivity to shame him? Won't work. Or on me. 'mad, bad, dangerous to know..BrummieBoy is the real deal.."Somthing is squeezing my cock-head. Is it a vag, an arse or a throat? Who cares, feels good!"

I compared you to Chapman because you exhibit exactly the same behavioural patterns. There is no cult. Just disparate people who happen to like the same thing.

You've never met me or Chapman. You're just an armchair psychologist, a wanker who thinks linking to Wikepedia confers authority. And then forgets to add the link! 180!

Morrissey has achieved more success, artistically and commercially, than the vast majority of human beings who have ever existed.

Yes, he's sold more than the Beatles, Zeppelin and Jesus and the Bible. Buddha fades into insignificance...WAIT!

His name will be remembered alongside Elvis, Sinatra, Dylan at the top of the musical pantheon. He has achieved precisely the "superior accomplishments" that you and Chapman have not.

Dream on, sunshine. He's forgotten by most now, other than as an annoying newsprint troll. Elvis, Sinatra, Dylan at the top of some supposed musical Mt Olympus? Bollocks. erm, The Beatles? Liverpool 9. Manchester 0. Black Sabbath? Birmingham 11 Manchester 0.

Hence the NPD symptoms below do offer an insightful summary of your behaviour on this site:

Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence

You forgot to add the link to the site, presumably Wikipedia, you tiresome fool.

If you toilet blocks today, what is more important to you? Playing your Lou Reed albums, or that a BrummieBoy like me in a White Van turns up with the tools to get your life back on track?

Plumbing is more important than popular music.

That's why I said it.

Oh, dear. Delusions, delusions, delusions...Indeed. You have to laugh... a little. Cognitive therapy and mood stabilisers would probably help...I compared you to Chapman because you exhibit exactly the same behavioural patterns. There is no cult. Just disparate people who happen to like the same thing...Morrissey has achieved more success, artistically and commercially, than the vast majority of human beings who have ever existed. His name will be remembered alongside Elvis, Sinatra, Dylan at the top of the musical pantheon. He has achieved precisely the "superior accomplishments" that you and Chapman have not. Hence the NPD symptoms below do offer an insightful summary of your behaviour on this site:

Oh, no! I've been rumbled! You're one of Rubberbandits, aren't ya? They have just made a video exposing me to the world!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ZTrXAxZ-g&feature=youtu.be

Let's get back to grieving for Lou. It's what Morrissey would want. Stop talking about me. I'm irrelevant. I'm not a pop star and won't be remembered for writing Metal Machine Music and Kill Uncle, that's why I'm so bitter and angry and, erm..have to go now, lunchtime shags promised for grieving Lou Reed fans. I'll bring em back to the land of the living. In honour of Lou. Oh God, why did you leave us? God, why did you allow it to HAPPEN! born sad, died glad, etc.

Every discussion here turns into something else, something uninteresting and pointless. I know the majority of users don't want this to continue. May I suggest in future those who attempt to derail discussions away from the topic are ignored?

Deprived of attention a fool is soon dismayed.

You've misspelt Wikipedia. I didn't actually intend to link to the full article again, but if you want me to it's here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Orson Swells writes like an idiot. He's trying very hard to sound intelligent, but only sounds smug.

NPD is a perfect description of Morrissey. This we can say for certain having watched him live his life in the public domain for many years. The obsession with self-esteem, need to be associated with other 'special' people and institutions, the sense of entitlement, the delusions of grandeur, the lofty affect, the dismissive attitude towards unworthy sorts. He's a textbook case.

Meanwhile this snide gimp Orson attempts to diagnose someone he's never met or spoken to on a Morrissey site (!) with NPD, furnishing his post with - as proof of this insightful 'diagnosis' - a Wikipedia link.

It could only happen on a Morrissey site. Have you actually read the criteria, you doofus? It's a perfect description of Morrissey.

Every discussion here turns into something else, something uninteresting and pointless. I know the majority of users don't want this to continue. May I suggest in future those who attempt to derail discussions away from the topic are ignored?

Deprived of attention a fool is soon dismayed.

I agree with you, there are certain users here whose rampling posts are extremely boring, long and repetitive.

You've misspelt Wikipedia. I didn't actually intend to link to the full article again, but if you want me to it's here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

No, he didn't. I did. And now I'm going to get punished! He can't answer you because he's sobbing uncontrollably listening to "Walk on the Wilde Side" for the umpteenth time today. It's getting on my nerves! I like The Saturdays. They're great. But that's off-topic, as is speculation as to BrummieBoy's mental landscape.

Do you really think anyone takes you seriously? You can't think your way out of a paper bag, yet you're an amateur psychologist? Bollocks.

"The Secretary"
aka
"Sharon McCormick"

[just back from the hospital]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274812/

No, he didn't. I did. And now I'm going to get punished! He can't answer you because he's sobbing uncontrollably listening to "Walk on the Wilde Side" for the umpteenth time today. It's getting on my nerves! I like The Saturdays. They're great. But that's off-topic, as is speculation as to BrummieBoy's mental landscape.

Do you really think anyone takes you seriously? You can't think your way out of a paper bag, yet you're an amateur psychologist? Bollocks.

"The Secretary"
aka
"Sharon McCormick"

[just back from the hospital]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274812/

You are dull as f*** with the comic turn of an unfunny Ricky Gervais script on a bad, bad hangover.

P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom