Perth Cancelled

Very disappointing to receive notification of cancellation 8hrs before the Perth Australia show, which has been sold out for months. "Unforeseen circumstances" hours before a gig is really not good enough, particularly with people travelling for the concert. Pissed off is one way to describe the situation.

Screenshot from an anonymous person:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason is the quality of the work. The cancellations are just a known risk. Don't travel far to see him, don't book a hotel overnight, sure, but the worst to happen otherwise is a ticket refund.

There is no reason to support an artist who cancels as many shows as he has without open communication about why and the status of upcoming shows.

That's a shame when he's been looking so good back on stage. I suspect he's finding that his voice is getting strained, even from just one concert, otherwise the sets would be longer, surely. Or, maybe Ryan really is the new boyfriend (my love, my life) and they just want to spend all their time alone!

I understand how much you all so love him.

I was once there.

There is no reason to support an artist who cancels as many shows as he has without open communication about why and the status of upcoming shows.

His behaviour and communication is unprofessional and should be called out.

I will never buy a Moz ticket again. If he got together with the remaining Smiths I wouldn't buy a ticket. He may get a hang nail and the tour is cancelled.
Ok. But why on earth are you here then? So you can come nag every once in a while for shits and giggles?

Ok. But why on earth are you here then? So you can come nag every once in a while for shits and giggles?

Because the site is all about people’s views on Morrissey/Smiths related stuff wether that be good bad or indifferent. Out of interest, what triggered you to become a member today?

That's a shame when he's been looking so good back on stage. I suspect he's finding that his voice is getting strained, even from just one concert, otherwise the sets would be longer, surely. Or, maybe Ryan really is the new boyfriend (my love, my life) and they just want to spend all their time alone!
Ha! Interesting conjecture. I hope happiness/life/a new partner is the reason and not his voice straining. I too used to get pissed off at his cancellations, I missed out on a concert back when I used to live on the other side of the planet. Then I got older and realised, finally, that shit really just happens and at the end of the day, he's only human afterall.

He decided he didn’t want to board the flight from Singapore to Perth and has decided to fly directly to Melbourne. I don’t know why he didn’t take the direct Tokyo Perth flight on Thursday.
Confirmed via a contact at Perth Concert Hall, got to Singapore and then decided he wanted some more time off to rest so got on a flight to Melbourne instead of Perth. Apparently not even even a hint that he wouldn't show so has caused quite a bit of grief for the venue.

Who is Ryan? I only know Jake and Damon.

mbr.

It's not the venue. It holds events all the time, did last week, is next week. It's him. It's what he does. He's just unreliable. Nothing new.

The rest of the band must getting f***ed off with these random cancellations as well.
They still smile for the casual band pic here or there.
If it's really true, that he preferred to fly directly to Melbourne for logistical reasons and simply skipped Perth, it's incredible arrogance. If his own health and state of mind is so unstable, that he can only play a few shows (except in the USA) and has simply booked far too many of them, it is really worrying.

Look at the number of cancellations. All of those cancellations cannot be unforseen. There has to be huge uncertainty over ANY and ALL future tour dates. It makes a fool out of the fans pretending all of it is unforseen and then unexplained

They still smile for the casual band pic here or there.
If it's really true, that he preferred to fly directly to Melbourne for logistical reasons and simply skipped Perth, it's incredible arrogance. If his own health and state of mind is so unstable, that he can only play a few shows (except in the USA) and has simply booked far too many of them, it is really worrying.
It does seem like we may be getting near to the end of the line, doesn't it? No record deal looking likely, a seeming refusal to self-release his music, and increasing cancellations...

Anyway, happy Friday!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom