Official Facebook Peter Katsis: Simpsons Responses (April 19, 2021)

"Surprising what a “turn for the worst" the writing for The Simpson’s tv show has taken in recent years.

Sadly, The Simpson’s show started out creating great insight into the modern cultural experience, but has since degenerated to trying to capitalize on cheap controversy and expounding on vicious rumors.

Poking fun at subjects is one thing. Other shows like SNL still do a great job at finding ways to inspire great satire.

But when a show stoops so low to use harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt (when he has never looked like that at any point in his career) makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here.

Even worse - calling the Morrissey character out for being a racist, without pointing out any specific instances, offers nothing. It only serves to insult the artist.

They should take that mirror and hold it up to themselves.

Simpson’s actor Hank Azaria's recent apology to the whole country of India for his role in upholding "structural racism” says it all.

Unlike the character in the Simpson’s “Panic” episode…….

Morrissey has never made a “cash grab”, hasn’t sued any people for their attacks, has never stopped performing great shows, and is still a serious vegan and strong supporter for animal rights.

By suggesting all of the above in this episode…the Simpson’s hypocritical approach to their storyline says it all.

Truly they are the only ones who have stopped creating, and have instead turned unapologetically hurtful and racist.

Not surprising…... that The Simpsons viewership ratings have gone down so badly over recent years."

As guessed - author is Peter Katsis.
Regards,
FWD.

Update - a second post from Peter Katsis:

More shoddy journalism by COS and Pitchfork today.

They attributed my quote (on The Simpson’s poor writing) to Morrissey, while using false facts to try and support more meaningless stories

More former journalistic press outlets now turning to the same tactics The Simpson’s used to gain attention.

Other real papers, like Rolling Stone, called to ask who wrote the comment.

Someone should tell COS and Pitchfork that is what is called “journalism".

In the meantime nobody has even mentioned the horrible false portrayal of Morrissey used by The Simpsons team. - Peter Katsis

Update - third post. Link posted by Uncleskinny:

Thinking more today on this Simpson’s bullshit…..

Why did Cumberbatch even agree to take this voice-over gig playing the Morrissey character?

Could he be that hard up for cash that he would agree to bad rap another artist that harshly?

Clearly he would have read the outline or script before he took the gig.

Could he actually be as big an asshole as the people on The Simpson’s writing team? and the FOX team?

Apparently so. Maybe he should speak up and tell his side of this.

Does he even have enough balls to do that? - PK

Related items:
Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:

"Surprising what a “turn for the worst" the writing for The Simpson’s tv show has taken in recent years.

Sadly, The Simpson’s show started out creating great insight into the modern cultural experience, but has since degenerated to trying to capitalize on cheap controversy and expounding on vicious rumors.

Poking fun at subjects is one thing. Other shows like SNL still do a great job at finding ways to inspire great satire.

But when a show stoops so low to use harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt (when he has never looked like that at any point in his career) makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here.

Even worse - calling the Morrissey character out for being a racist, without pointing out any specific instances, offers nothing. It only serves to insult the artist.

They should take that mirror and hold it up to themselves.

Simpson’s actor Hank Azaria's recent apology to the whole country of India for his role in upholding "structural racism” says it all.

Unlike the character in the Simpson’s “Panic” episode…….

Morrissey has never made a “cash grab”, hasn’t sued any people for their attacks, has never stopped performing great shows, and is still a serious vegan and strong supporter for animal rights.

By suggesting all of the above in this episode…the Simpson’s hypocritical approach to their storyline says it all.

Truly they are the only ones who have stopped creating, and have instead turned unapologetically hurtful and racist.

Not surprising…... that The Simpsons viewership ratings have gone down so badly over recent years."

No suggestion as to author.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

Morrissey has never made a “cash grab”, hasn’t sued any people for their attacks

Ummmm. Did Dodwell write this? It’s got her Fifth Former shite written all over it.

Morrissey has never made a “cash grab”, hasn’t sued any people for their attacks

Ummmm. Did Dodwell write this? It’s got her Fifth Former shite written all over it.
I'm guessing the mysterious Valerie or Peter Katsis perhaps?
If it was SER, I'd expect the Central post to have vanished at the same time.
Unlikely to be Dodwell.
Regards,
FWD.

The glee from the usual hatefans (who somehow seem surprised he doesn't like it) is a little perplexing for me. Morrissey has never liked being made of. Personally, I hope never to become obsessed with "exposing Morrissey's racism" if it means I have to pretend The Simpsons is still funny in the year 2021

I've just seen the 'wankers' clip and found it quite funny. I can see why Morrissey wouldn't find it funny though. Perhaps as a comeback, on his next tour he could name the tour 'Give Us Your Money'

Last edited by a moderator:
The end is obviously outrageous and even if I disagree with most of the recent critics towards Morrissey, I am sure The Simpsons could have made a more subtle parody, it would have been much stronger.

Just because Morrissey fat-shamed other people, doesn't mean it's okay for others to do it. I thought less of him when he did it and I think less of a show when it goes there. He is not the only person watching that show.

Here are the songs and the freakout clip.

They've cut the full video clip. For the full video and maybe the full episode if I can smuggle, please check the website in the description.

I'm guessing the mysterious Valerie or Peter Katsis perhaps?
If it was SER, I'd expect the Central post to have vanished at the same time.
Unlikely to be Dodwell.
Regards,
FWD.
It feels like Katsis to me, he seems like exactly the kind of showbiz guy who still thinks that SNL is funny, and it has his usual freewheeling attitude towards the English language...

They've cut the full video clip. For the full video and maybe the full episode if I can smuggle, please check the website in the description.
The full episode @720 has been in the download section since just after the episode was aired.
Regards,
FWD.

Also, you may want to lock your site down a bit better - index file issue?
Screenshot_20210419-103442.png

Oh my! Hahahahah! I've just read that. What a pathetic missive. Supposing they hadn't portrayed what they had done, they'd be praising the show to the rafters for keeping him in the spotlight. Instead we get a railing against the freedom to be racist, and a gilt-edged example of shooting the messenger, not the message ("The Simpsons viewership ratings have gone down so badly over recent years."). I wonder if he can think of anyone else whose ratings have gone down so badly over the years?

Also - "Morrissey...hasn’t sued any people for their attacks" - yes he has - has he forgotten when he sued The Word?

How far he has fallen. He deserves everything he gets.
Why do hate him so much? Even his last album was brilliant. I’m guessing it’s that you like to think of him as racist. But, surely you can’t be sure. When did the left become so hateful and hollow . I don’t know how, but somebody loves you

Fiona Dodwell:

The Simpsons: That Joke REALLY Isn't Funny Anymore.

Excerpt:

The Simpsons have come under fire from the staunch fanbase of iconic Brit legend Morrissey after the show repeatedly mocked the singer in their latest episode. It might not have been much of a surprise to some, considering the quality of the show has declined over recent years – as is evidenced by the dramatically reduced viewing figures – but it seemed like an orchestrated back-stab from the creators. Considering that they began promoting the show several weeks ago with the sentiment that the episode was made by fans for the fans, it was a wake-up call to Morrissey's supportive community that they had been used solely for boosting the limp viewing figures. Desperate times, desperate measures, anyone?

(Central has something to post now).
Regards,
FWD.

It's a cartoon.

Why does it matter?

The racist creators have created an episode about a racist singer. Ok, that may not be factually correct. There are racist elements on both sides of this debate. The Simpsons creators have apologized. Morrissey hasn't. He doesn't do interviews with people outside his circle, which means he can't be asked any questions regarding his racist comments.

Maybe, the real question is, who has been racist the longest?

Fiona Dodwell:

The Simpsons: That Joke REALLY Isn't Funny Anymore

(Central has something to post now).
Regards,
FWD.
I mean...as sure as night follows day, here's another 'article' that nobody will read except via the link here. Save your self the trouble, you know exactly what this is like. By which I mean reheated leftovers from the turd buffet of the previous rushed-out 'statement', plus a few things that look like sentences.

On the Los Angeles Times website , there is an article entitled "Morrissey is anti-immigrant and backs a white nationalist political party. Why don’t fans care?"

I tried to read it but after a few seconds, the site direct me to the subscriptions section.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom