POLL - Which of the new songs do you like the most?

Which is your favourite of the 6 new songs played to date?

• Total voters
The last 60 seconds of Home Is A Question Mark is the best thing Moz has recorded since the Quarry era.
I can't stop listening to that part, I'm somewhat addicted.

I agree but the build to it is also good and essential. I don't know if it'll top world peace for me as i still love that album and think the music on it was super sweet

maybe M will 'take a knee' ... or is it because he's only got one knee? ;)
I somehow think that the type of person who would make a big deal of it wouldn't be a Morrissey fan in the first place. They'd probably go "Morrissey? Idn't that the feller from the Doors?"

As to him singing 'Heroin' which seems out of the blue, at this point I can only guess...

It's maybe addiction as another target of his disappointments that he wishes lonely, heroin taking away a person he or someone loved. remember 'Sunny'.

I do. It was a single that was released to great fanfare "nowhere" as he put it at a show I went to in 2000. I like IWYL, because it brings to mind certain people that are always surrounded by people, having meaningless lives and meaningless interactions, never making time to be themselves without filtering it through others. I don't know that lonely is a bad thing in the context of the song.

I do. It was a single that was released to great fanfare "nowhere" as he put it at a show I went to in 2000. I like IWYL, because it brings to mind certain people that are always surrounded by people, having meaningless lives and meaningless interactions, never making time to be themselves without filtering it through others. I don't know that lonely is a bad thing in the context of the song.

I think you are right. :thumb:

The repetition of heroin, I took as one after the other, people are increasingly dropping dead from the stuff. More fools filling tombs. It's ridiculously potent, A:. and B: you have people cutting it with Fentanyl to increase the strength even more, so it's a recipe for disaster.

"More fools filling tombs."

Exactly!

"Tombs are full of fools who gave their life upon command
Heroin...."

Because the drug/their need controlled them and they gave in to it. Or "gave their life upon command".

It really is a cracking track. That line reminds me of Lennon's Cold Turkey. Except Lennon kicked it.

Exactly!

Heroin...."

Because the drug/their need controlled them and they gave in to it. Or "gave their life upon command".

It really is a cracking track. That line reminds me of Lennon's Cold Turkey. Except Lennon kicked it.

Lennon kicked his wife too, from what I've heard.

Heroin is a sad drug. Well, so are meth and cocaine, but I don't have eight people in my life dead and buried rom them like I do heroin.

'I don't know that lonely is a bad thing in the context of the song.' that's interesting, yeah, I would need to sit down with the correct lyrics.

And I'm still not hearing the lyrics for 'when you open your' , that ones still a curio. Musically and the vocal melody I love though.

Exactly!

Heroin...."

maybe points to him having been listening to Lennon before writing words to these songs, maybe he pointed out 'give piece a chance' for a band member to write something similar. Though I remember reading that between John and Paul he prefers Paul. Though Lennon always had more bite between the two, and these new songs certainly rock.

maybe points to him having been listening to Lennon before writing words to these songs, maybe he pointed out 'give piece a chance' for a band member to write something similar. Though I remember reading that between John and Paul he prefers Paul. Though Lennon always had more bite between the two, and these new songs certainly rock.

He once said: "I really like 'A Day In The Life', 'Lovely Rita'. Obviously I'm a great Beatles fan." I think the vegetarian link and the fact he corresponded with Linda obviously helps with him liking McCartney. I think I remember Rogan saying that in his diary he was very upset when Lennon was shot.

'I don't know that lonely is a bad thing in the context of the song.' that's interesting, yeah, I would need to sit down with the correct lyrics.

And I'm still not hearing the lyrics for 'when you open your' , that ones still a curio. Musically and the vocal melody I love though.
When you open your legs is an oddity. It sounds almost like 70's Tom Jones or something to me. Melody and music wise. Lyrically it even feels like Tom Jones' blunt machismo/sexuality, but ran through the Morrissey filter, so it's just plain weird.

Back
Top Bottom