Portsmouth - Guildhall (July 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Girlfriend In A Coma / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Knockabout World / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Loop / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @lonely_high_court_judge

Last edited:
I saw some plump, middle aged blonde woman post that list on Twitter
It’s pathetic “look at me on the guest list “
As if that’s means they have any links to Mozzy. Nearly as bad as Dennis with his dumb posts

I was at the gig at the front
Don’t care what anyone says Mozzy sounded great
That isn’t a guest list that’s just the list of people who get there early, they do it so they can get a wristband to get let in first.

As if that’s means they have any links to Mozzy. Nearly as bad as Dennis with his dumb posts

Yeah, I mean I was the first person to arrive who didn’t go on that list, it was to 30 and I was Mr. 31. I think it’s a good way of rewarding the nutters who stay overnight because otherwise that effort would be for naught, but at the same time people get very uppity about it all.

Up there with one of the best Morrissey gigs. Tight set. I wasn’t keen on Notre Dame after seeing the video from the Israeli gigs but live it is fantastic and the video of the Cathedral added to the message. Afterwards, Morrissey thanked those heckling- although I didn’t hear any. I was stood in the middle near to the perimenopausal fans with their fans to cool me down. Comedy moment was when the lads smoking their pungent cannabis vape tried to chat up the sixteen year old girls next to them- to spend most of the next song apologising to their Dad stood behind! Throwing my arms around Paris was introduced with “France is at war..although they don’t know it” and the backdrop pictured. Chatted to two people whose second time it was seeing Morrissey- a Who fan and a Cornish woman from Reading. Always a friendly crowd. I’ll be at Leeds and Folkestone next in my Boxers tour T-shirt if anyone wants to ignore me.
Yes I changed my mind about Notre Damn as well tonight , I still think the lyrics are V bad and he is wrong about it being a terror it attack ( when you go on twitter and see the kind of people who rave about the song
it’s very worrying. You get the cult member yanks who like ANYTHING he does and don’t care what he sings and complete racist types ) but the sound sounds so damn funky

I didn’t miss Alain at all . Great gig

Encore

Harsh. I'm not massively involved in Moz fandom these days, but I've met some of the people on that list and they are perfectly nice people. Morrissey fans can be so harsh about other Morrissey fans!

that made me laugh he is quoting Douglas Murray kind of ,
Douglas made that joke on Sky two days ago
about Louis Vuitton bags
It shows M is not pro BLM as well . It’s so obvious what YouTube Mozzy likes

Yeah, I mean I was the first person to arrive who didn’t go on that list, it was to 30 and I was Mr. 31. I think it’s a good way of rewarding the nutters who stay overnight because otherwise that effort would be for naught, but at the same time people get very uppity about it all.
I saw someone screen shot it and say it’s a guest list ,they must have got it wrong
Thanks hun

Harsh. I'm not massively involved in Moz fandom these days, but I've met some of the people on that list and they are perfectly nice people. Morrissey fans can be so harsh about other Morrissey fans!
I didn’t mean to be offensive I was going by the post someone else did of the orig post and they said something like “who does she think she is posting a guest list “ That will learn me
Can I delete that post ?

IMG_3878.jpeg

Like being in an oven but great to see him up close for the first time.
Look forward to seeing him in Waitrose.

Thank you, Light, for the videos.

Moz & band sound great.

I'm counting the days to see Morrissey in São Paulo. 🇧🇷

I’ll try and remember as best I can, though I won’t manage the precise order.

How Soon Is Now?
Suedehead
Our Frank
I Wish You Lonely
Girlfriend in a Coma
I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Notre Dame
Irish Blood, English Heart
Sure Enough, the Telephone Rings
The Night Pop Dropped
Knockabout World
Half a Person
My Hurling Days Are Done
The Loop
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Jack the Ripper
~~~
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Can confirm this is correct, although 'Knockabout World' and 'Half a Person' were the other way round.

Exceptional gig - great to be at the centre of the stage, about 5 metres from M. He was in great spirits, voice sounded excellent, band were extremely tight and had a great sound for one that had only previously done two gigs together. It is unlikely that M would ever chose to give a much better setlist - great variation of songs, all of which were highly enjoyable. 'My Hurling Days' was the stand-out for me - better version than on the album (which I still think is the best track on 'I am Not a Dog'). Wanted to hear it after he didn't play it at last year's Brighton gig I went to, having played it at every other show on the tour.

Good day out in Portsmouth, interesting place with the mixture of naval history and intriguing modern development.

Fantastic all round.

Left speaker isn't working well ...

Was meant to be there tonight but decided not to leave my wife with the newborn, earning my brownie points.

Given the set lists from Israel I decided probably won’t be missing much that I didn’t see a few times last year.

So please, to spare my sanity, keep it safe and predictable tonight Moz.
Better be good brownies.

Can confirm this is correct, although 'Knockabout World' and 'Half a Person' were the other way round.

Exceptional gig - great to be at the centre of the stage, about 5 metres from M. He was in great spirits, voice sounded excellent, band were extremely tight and had a great sound for one that had only previously done two gigs together. It is unlikely that M would ever chose to give a much better setlist - great variation of songs, all of which were highly enjoyable. 'My Hurling Days' was the stand-out for me - better version than on the album (which I still think is the best track on 'I am Not a Dog'). Wanted to hear it after he didn't play it at last year's Brighton gig I went to, having played it at every other show on the tour.

Good day out in Portsmouth, interesting place with the mixture of naval history and intriguing modern development.

Fantastic all round.
Are we confirming just 18 songs.
Regards,
FWD.

Jack the Ripper

band sounding great already, somewhat surprised. Carmen rocks and has got the moves!

Remember hearing Jack played back in 92, never imagined then that it would still be being played and become what it has, a Moz classic!

At least he seems to have awoken in Portsmouth. That's a relief. Looked like he was rather chatty too. Nice!

band sounding great already, somewhat surprised. Carmen rocks and has got the moves!

Remember hearing Jack played back in 92, never imagined then that it would still be being played and become what it has, a Moz classic!
She's clearly enjoying playing for Moz, and that he likes her presence.

Back
Top Bottom