Ritual One: Mozzcast The Podcaster's Ritual - new Morrissey podcast (December 9, 2023)

Welcome to episode one of Mozzcast, The Podcaster's Ritual. In this episode we hear the first outing of The ritual. R for Roundup, I for interview, T for top-ten, U for understanding, A for Andy Rourke and L for lastly.....A chance to hear the latest unofficial news from the world of Morrissey.

Thank you to John Hamilton and Montra for the use of their music.

Thank you to Kris McMurran for the interview 🙏

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigel Farage

Morrissey quoted as saying...."I nearly voted for UKIP, I like Nigel Farage a great deal"

What do you think about this? Why does him like him so much?

This topic is discussed here in the U for understanding section of the podcast.

He'd probably quite like Thatcher these days I suppose, unless he has a very shallow understanding of Farage's political positions beyond the political outsider schtick.

I don't know a whole lot about politics in England but isn't Farage right wing, pro Brexit and anti immigrant or am I confusing him with someone else? I did not listen to the podcast yet.

I don't know a whole lot about politics in England but isn't Farage right wing, pro Brexit and anti immigrant or am I confusing him with someone else? I did not listen to the podcast yet.
He is one of the most right wing politicians here, He's a massive knob.

Thankfully he has tried 7 times to become an MP and failed spectacularly every time, being roundly rejected every time - He appears to have given up trying and has decided to just lower the ratings of popular tv shows by appearing on them instead - He's a media personality now, not much more

Thankfully he has tried 7 times to become an MP and failed spectacularly every time, being roundly rejected every time - He appears to have given up trying and has decided to just lower the ratings of popular tv shows by appearing on them instead - He's a media personality now, not much more
bias much? Ignoring all politics, he went from a fringe activist to getting 17m people to vote for something he campaigned for for 30 years, starting off as a very fringe idea and becoming something winning a majority in a referendum. Quite an achievement. You only do that by being a consistent and good communicator and that’s what people admire as it’s rare. Failing to become an MP is completely irrelevant as it wouldn’t have made any difference if he’d been an MP or not.

Morrissey quoted as saying...."I nearly voted for UKIP, I like Nigel Farage a great deal"

What do you think about this? Why does him like him so much?

This topic is discussed here in the U for understanding section of the podcast.

Maybe you should have looked into that before making a podcast?

He said that in 2013 - after the Euro crisis had rocked the EU & Farage was getting fairly good write-ups in even the Guardian.

The full quote was:

I nearly voted for UKIP. I like Nigel Farage a great deal. His views are quite logical – especially where Europe is concerned, although it was plain daft of him to applaud the lavish Royal Wedding at a time when working-class England were told to cut-back, shut-up and get stuffed.

In June 2019 he said he had never been a fan of UKIP or Nigel Farage.

Thanks for the background, I appreciate it.

Maybe you should have looked into that before making a podcast?

He said that in 2013 - after the Euro crisis had rocked the EU & Farage was getting fairly good write-ups in even the Guardian.

The full quote was:

I nearly voted for UKIP. I like Nigel Farage a great deal. His views are quite logical – especially where Europe is concerned, although it was plain daft of him to applaud the lavish Royal Wedding at a time when working-class England were told to cut-back, shut-up and get stuffed.

In June 2019 he said he had never been a fan of UKIP or Nigel Farage.
Thank you for expanding and replying

If the first podcast introduces itself with Farage, I think it's fairly certain it will be claimed that he's a Thatcherite Royalist at some point.

If the first podcast introduces itself with Farage, I think it's fairly certain it will be claimed that he's a Thatcherite Royalist at some point.
It's not that at all, I found it strange he first said he quite liked him and then went on to say that he wasn't a fan later....I wondered what had changed when it certainly wasn't Farage's political views....it's a small aspect of the podcast that analyses controversial quotes
Your input is most welcome 😁

It's not that at all, I found it strange he first said he quite liked him and then went on to say that he wasn't a fan later....I wondered what had changed when it certainly wasn't Farage's political views....it's a small aspect of the podcast that analyses controversial quotes
Your input is most welcome 😁

There's nothing strange about politicians losing popularity - the political climate changes all the time.

bias much? Ignoring all politics, he went from a fringe activist to getting 17m people to vote for something he campaigned for for 30 years, starting off as a very fringe idea and becoming something winning a majority in a referendum. Quite an achievement. You only do that by being a consistent and good communicator and that’s what people admire as it’s rare. Failing to become an MP is completely irrelevant as it wouldn’t have made any difference if he’d been an MP or not.
Wasn't trying to hide that - I'm very bias, I think he's a massive, massive

MASSIVE

cock

Thatcher? Dear lord, next you'll be saying he'll accept an OBE from King Charlie!
I don't think he could go that far lol.
Farage was a Thatcherite in the 80s and strongly supported her policies like deindustrialisation that threw Northern towns like Manchester and others to the economic wolves, i doubt he would have any kind words for him back then, but now he's loaded and has a couple of socio-political obsessions, so i don't think a modern day Thatcher would be in the meat and royalty tier of Moz topics. mostly because he wouldn't be on the receiving end of her ideas.

Back
Top Bottom