Ritual One: Mozzcast The Podcaster's Ritual - new Morrissey podcast (December 9, 2023)

Welcome to episode one of Mozzcast, The Podcaster's Ritual. In this episode we hear the first outing of The ritual. R for Roundup, I for interview, T for top-ten, U for understanding, A for Andy Rourke and L for lastly.....A chance to hear the latest unofficial news from the world of Morrissey.

Thank you to John Hamilton and Montra for the use of their music.

Thank you to Kris McMurran for the interview 🙏

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true. Mozz doesn't change his mind often either. The point of including the quote was to get discussion going so that's been achieved at least

He's got some core fixations - but beyond that he does change his mind quite a lot. Often he'll say something postive about something, then something negative & then will decide he's not interested in it at all. Which is why the quotes taken from his interviews so often entirely misrepresent him.

He is one of the most right wing politicians here, He's a massive knob.

Thankfully he has tried 7 times to become an MP and failed spectacularly every time, being roundly rejected every time - He appears to have given up trying and has decided to just lower the ratings of popular tv shows by appearing on them instead - He's a media personality now, not much more
He’s about to take a significant position in Reform, according to The Telegraph today. It would be premature to dismiss him: the Reform vote will decide the next election.

Nah, not on current polling, the Tory needs to be closer to labour for that, they could take a few more Tory MPs down in the wipeout I suppose.

I don't know a whole lot about politics in England but isn't Farage right wing, pro Brexit and anti immigrant or am I confusing him with someone else? I did not listen to the podcast yet.
I don’t know what anti immigrant means, nobody in British politics wants zero immigration. If you want thousands of immigrants every year instead of a million like when I was a kid you’re ’anti immigrant’.
It’s silly to use terms like this to describe people.
If you gorge yourself on food and become obese, then decide to eat healthily and just eat a sensible amount are you anti food?

He is one of the most right wing politicians here, He's a massive knob.

Thankfully he has tried 7 times to become an MP and failed spectacularly every time, being roundly rejected every time - He appears to have given up trying and has decided to just lower the ratings of popular tv shows by appearing on them instead - He's a media personality now, not much more
Ahhh the state of the British mindset these days. Farage doesn't want uncontrolled immigration so he must be a racist Nazi, right? You are obviously a bit dumb so I'll make it simple for you :

Farage, like anyone with at least one functioning braincell, wants people to move to the UK but he wants them to come legally and in numbers that the country can cope with. Is that not common sense or would you be happy to accept the entire population of China into the UK??

One of the shittiest things I've heard for a good while. Why does every man and his dog need to have their own podcast now?

Is this going to be a full time morrissey podcast? Sounds dull as hell.

One of the shittiest things I've heard for a good while. Why does every man and his dog need to have their own podcast now?
Podcasts are now what having a band used to be.. everyone's got one because very little talent is required. Look at me please!!

If the first podcast introduces itself with Farage, I think it's fairly certain it will be claimed that he's a Thatcherite Royalist at some point.
I agree it started off not so promisingly, but the main interview with a jubilant fan was quite enjoyable. A couple of other questions came up where answers would have been easy to find, only to be left hanging. Overall though, a welcome effort, the sort of thing needed to get things back on track. Thanks to the creators, and good luck with what comes next!

I agree it started off not so promisingly, but the main interview with a jubilant fan was quite enjoyable. A couple of other questions came up where answers would have been easy to find, only to be left hanging. Overall though, a welcome effort, the sort of thing needed to get things back on track. Thanks to the creators, and good luck with what comes next!
Wow thank you for the positive feedback

Back
Top Bottom