San Francisco, CA - The Masonic (Dec. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / This Charming Man / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jack The Ripper / Oboe Concerto / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by CaffeineBloodstream.

• Review and photos (100 total) by Jason DeBord - Rock Subculture. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Morrissey-Concert-Review-Photos-2015-Tour-Masonic-San-Francisco-093.jpg
  • Photos by Christopher Victorio (17 total) - SF Weekly. Link from @SFWeekly / Twitter.

sanfrancisco2.jpg
  • Photos from @last_intl_playboy / Instagram (7 total). Link from an anonymous person.

sanfrancisco.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
hey guys, do any of you know anyting about the photo that was on the drum kit? it was a shirtless man pointing to his head. i do believe it was the backdrop for a little too. i NEED information on this photograph.

It's Rocky Graziano, a ex-boxer, photographed by Stanley Kubrick.

For anyone who cares. Information regarding the pre-show music:

Doors opened at approximately 7:00 pm.
Classical music by Medtner. 7:00 pm - 7:50 pm

7:50 pm - 8:30 pm
1. Lou Reed - "Disco Mystic" 7:50 pm
2. Dave & Ansel Collins - "Monkey Spanner" 7:54 pm
3. Patti Smith - "Kimberly" 7:57 pm
4. Jobriath - "Morning Starship" 8:01 pm
5. Sparks - "Windy City" (Demo) 8:06 pm
6. Electric Light Orchestra - "Rockaria" 8:10 pm
7. Reparata - "Shoes" 8:11 pm
8. Jaybee Wasden - "De Castrow" 8:14 pm
9. The Marvelettes - "Anything You Wanna Do" 8:17 pm
10. Nathan Abshire - "Hicks Wagon Wheel Special" 8:21 pm
11. Cornershop - "It's Indian Tobacco, My Friend" 8:22 pm
12. Maya Angelou - "No, No, No, No" 8:26 pm

8:30 pm - 9:00 pm
1. Ramones - "Loudmouth" 8:30 pm
2. ? 60s pop star sounded like Chubby Checker 8:32 pm
3. Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead 8:33 pm
4. Classical male flamenco dancer 8:34 pm
5. Ike & Tina Turner - "Natbush City Limits" 8:35 pm
6. Dame Edith Sitwell - Face to Face interview 8:38 pm
7. Barbara Lynn - "You'll Lose a Good Thing" 8:39 pm
8. Anne Sexton 8:42 pm
9. Leo Sayer - "The Show Must Go On" 8:44 pm
10. James Baldwin 8:47 pm
11. Mrs. Shufflewick 8:47 pm
12. Charles Aznavour - "Emmenez-moi" 8:48 pm
13. Bob & Marcia - "Young, Gifted and Black" 8:52 pm
14. New York Dolls - "Lookin' For a Kiss" 8:55 pm
15. Lypsinka - 8:59 pm

9:00...SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Reduced to no support act now ! How cheap is this ?
A 4ckin oldies disco with no DJ ? I hope he reduced the ticket price for you.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

The cover guitarist gets it blatantly wrong, and his tone is insipid. To omit the melody is Morrissey's decision. For people who think Jesse can't play it, if Morrissey had wanted to play the original, Boz could easily have played that line. The point has been made to death that Morrissey opted to make his version the Death Cab version. I'm not saying that makes it right or better than the original, but people who blame Jesse more often than not tend not to know what they're talking about.

It's the Pub Rock version.

thanks !:thumb: 'disco mystic' from my favorite record Reed's 'the bells' . Electric light orch ? interesting.
gotta search for 'windy city'.

'60s pop star sounded like Chubby Checker' ? Anyone know ?

I have "Windy City" (demo) off of Sparks' KIMONO MY HOUSE (2xLP) 40th anniversary. I bought it last year at Amoeba Records in SF. It came with a digital download of the complete album. That's how you can get it. I recommend not buying a used copy, so you have access to the digital download.

Did Morrissey comment about Lemmys death?

He was a great warrior and will be sadly missed.

Steven performed on the fringes in the much lower leagues than Lemmy who was a world class premier 24/7 rock star.
Lemmy leaves us with a fantastic legacy, the British Establishment and the United Kingdom are so proud of him. A national treasure just like Adele.
Unless Steven and Dammo are catching up on utube in bed today we can safely say Lemmy will not be mentioned and also Martin and the Lawnmowers would be incapable of performing a Motörhead cover ! Just imagine poor Lemmy lay on the slab and hearing an old aged slowed down ace of spades ♠️ with bastardised foreign words and a 4cking flamenco guitar ! He'd go 4ckin mental !

So he plays in LA tonight?
Only the loneliest, saddest and thoroughly miserable people work on NYE when they don`t really have to, how dreadful.
I guess some kind of melodramatic announcement will appear on TTY soon or a campy `goodbye forever, the record companies all hate me` statement at the show itself. Back in America where they still haven't shoved their hamburgers. The lure of the mighty dollar is strong with this one. Retirement is the only way forward I`m afraid. Talk about tragic.

Julia Riley (Beaky) ? We don't seem to hear any of that supafan shit anymore, no doubt ex-communicated.

Only the loneliest, saddest and thoroughly miserable people work on NYE when they don`t really have to, how dreadful.
I guess some kind of melodramatic announcement will appear on TTY soon or a campy `goodbye forever, the record companies all hate me` statement at the show itself. Back in America where they still haven't shoved their hamburgers. The lure of the mighty dollar is strong with this one. Retirement is the only way forward I`m afraid. Talk about tragic.

It's such a shame that the world won't be listening to his overtime performing stunt tonight.
Here in the UK we will be rocking the night away with our many talented artists. British Astronaut Major Tim Peake is going to be speaking to the Hogmanay celebrations in Edinburgh and if all goes well after the fireworks in London there is a special surprise?
A huge electrical storm in the sky's above as Lemmy and filthy Phil unite for a one off performance.
Enjoy the evening everyone.

Only the loneliest, saddest and thoroughly miserable no people work on NYE when they don`t really have to, how dreadful.

Tosserey is Tragedy incarnate. sadface.

I assume you're working tonight then, what time do you start?

I assume you're working tonight then, what time do you start?

It's English passport frae Bonny Scotland everyone !
Hi IBEP Have you finished peeling the neeps and tatties to go wee the haggis ?
Nee bother ! We canny tek nae more pal ! A toast ! To Scotland the brave better together ! Slange!

He's played "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby" and "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" as written by Johnny Marr - which, if you actually knew anything about guitar music, you'd know that these songs are more difficult than the "This Charming Man" riffs. Obviously you can dislike the version they play, but he's played more complicated riffs than TCM.

I suggest you have another look/listen to these.
This is Jesse playing 'Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others' - mostly he's just chugging away on chords with a few individual notes picked out on top. Sure, it's an audience recording, but even from this you can hear it's pretty sloppy stuff. https://youtu.be/y6kNYuhdX-U

Now compare this to Johnny playing the song. https://youtu.be/wAzmQbfZoIg

One is clearly the work of a master of his instrument - that guitar just f***ing sings. The other is a reasonable but sloppy pub band version, which any mediocre guitarist would be able to perform. It's night and day between them.

I don't know...the crotch jewelry really doesn't bother me because I am not looking down there and to me I see him as more "barrel" chested than overweight.

Wasn't Eliza described similarly in one of the award-garnering sex scenes from LOTL? Maybe Mozza was inspired by his own sorry reflection.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom