Morrissey Central (& SER YT): "DAVEY THE WIND BLOWS BITS OF YOUR LIFE AWAY" (July 2, 2020)

20200702_094132.jpg

"We hadn’t rehearsed the song. David called me at my hotel and we tried to duet down the phone, which became very funny because David couldn’t remember the words, but on the night it was me who forgot and David remembered. You can see a slight disapproval from him when I repeat and repeat the wrong lines … his look says ‘you shouldn’t be singing that bit again’. This clip is my 4th favorite memory of David. It’s nice that Ron and Russell are in there too, but Russell looks irked … I expect he was missing the concluding sequel of that night’s Columbo.”
Morrissey 30 June 2020"

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Morrissey, your time is up. Your xenophobic ways appeal to only a few fans.

"Look everyone! Me and David Bowie! I'm still that same person. Honest."

"PS. Please, please, please forget about my xenophobic ways."

Great clip. Morrissey looks so happy to be singing with David; though Bowie’s deep vocal at the start isn’t the best.

I wonder what Moz’s top 3 memories of David are? Surely one of them must be the time he & Linder were invited to listen to a playback of Bowie’s version of I Know It’s Gonna Happen, as recounted in Autobiography.

A great clip and while some will inevitably seek to get a little bit of attention, I don't think anyone can legitimately complain about being able to see this for free on Youtube.

What a thing to wake up to...or am í still a-dreamin'? Just sublime.

When they sing "what's it like to be alone?" and Bowie rests his hand on Morrissey's shoulder. Puddled.

Twenty Nine years to sit on this footage?

And trying not to imagine all the remaining treasures Mr Broad filmed that summer. Failing.

Howsabout a 30 year anniversary release of the "Kill Uncle" Tour Documentary...?

I won't complain if it turns out that they spent lockdown digitalising old video tapes. What a lovely surprise.

This makes up for discovering that Angel Dude t-shirts have sold out. ❤

"Look everyone! Me and David Bowie! I'm still that same person. Honest."

"PS. Please, please, please forget about my xenophobic ways."
Didn't David Bowie have sex with a 14-year-old girl? There's a word for that. It begins with 'r'. People can forget anything when it suits.

Really enjoyed this clip.. looks like Russell has already been in lock down with his hair

I might steal 'My Xenophobic Ways' as a title.

Well that was fantastic.

How Morrissey to probably have a Top 10 favourite David Bowie memories. (And also how Morrissey to still bear a grudge when he deliberately omitted to list Bowie in a gig 4 years ago)

Is he actually maturing?

How Morrissey to probably have a Top 10 favourite David Bowie memories. (And also how Morrissey to still bear a grudge when he deliberately omitted to list Bowie in a gig 4 years ago)

Is he actually maturing?
I was thinking, this very morning, about ‘cancel culture’ and how Morrissey was actually an early advocate of it—even cancelling himself sometimes. I suspect he is probably less disposed to behave like that now. And yes, that would amount to maturing.

Judging by his last LP, the process has no negative creative impact at all (years ago, I thought it might).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom