So...who's excited about Friday?

Vegan

This has been first experience waiting for a new Morrissey album release since becoming a fan. I sure learned a lot from the postings here.

I'm presuming the album will be available to download from midnight on Thursday. Does anyone know if that's the case?

I'm presuming the album will be available to download from midnight on Thursday. Does anyone know if that's the case?
As far as I know. I've always been happy enough to wait until the morning. But not this time. I'll be waiting at midnight.

I think this time tomorrow we should be able to go onto New Zealand iTunes and listen to 30 second samples of all the tracks, if you're into that. Because it will already be Friday there.

I have Amazon Prime so I will receive the CD on Friday but of course I will listen to sample clips the moment I wake up Friday! I would stay up Thursday but at 12:00am Eastern time it won't be up yet.

Mine come today. So the wait is over.
Inner picture is the one from the 02 that’s used to promote the Uk tour
Night crop of it

First impressions?

I really like the picture of Morrissey which is on the inner sleeve
The packaging other than that isn’t the best
The album itself is a bit hit and miss. A couple of really poor songs
I Bury The Living is dreadful IMO

reviews seem fair then? what are the stand out tracks in your opinion. thanks :)

I think you're the first person so be as negative about 'I bury the living'. Some of the lyrics have been questioned but the music has always been positively talked about.

Mmmmo_O how very interesting.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I am particularly excited about this album, more than any other release of his I can remember. It is a curious time to be a Morrissey fan. The batch of character assassinations that are supposed reviews is mad. To give points for songs and for his views seperately, as some reviewers have, is terrible journalism. All these snowflakes who can't handle the things he says are the pits. He is ambiguous, he is confounding but he is still the most interesting pop artist around. I must admit some of what he sings about on the album sounds addled but I will wait until I hear it for real rather than filtered through the dumbed-down brain of some hack. "Those that do are judged and tried by those who found they couldn't do".

I think you're the first person so be as negative about 'I bury the living'. Some of the lyrics have been questioned but the music has always been positively talked about.

I think it seems like the most divisive song on what is seemingly a divisive album. The clip of it I heard sounds insane - in a good way. It was almost like a modern take on Frankie Goes To Hollywood!

I am hoping mine will actually come on Friday. Long story but I have two coming from separate websites, but no email about it being shipped from Mporium yet, and Amazon says it will arrive Monday!

I will be streaming it on Spotify. Possibly the first Morrissey album I haven't bought on day of release since 1991.
No I lie - Southpaw Grammar release I was working in Spain.

First impressions?

Side A wins by some distance.

I am going to listen again now, so will give another grading in an hour.
Still think the highlight is the inner bag image that houses the record.

First impressions?

So.
I genuinely don’t like I Bury The Living and In Your Lap.
Highlights are My Love, I’d Do Anything, Spent The Day and When You Open Your Legs
The Girl From Tel Aviv is like something you would hear passing a restaurant on a Spanish Isle.

Overall, it’s good; but not great.

So.
I genuinely don’t like I Bury The Living and In Your Lap.
Highlights are My Love, I’d Do Anything, Spent The Day and When You Open Your Legs
The Girl From Tel Aviv is like something you would hear passing a restaurant on a Spanish Isle.

Overall, it’s good; but not great.

To gauge your take...what is your opinion of WPINOYB compared to the new one?

Back
Top Bottom