Morrissey Central "SONGS YOU’LL NEVER HEAR ON BRITISH RADIO" (May 9, 2023)

Our local independent station in Boston 92.5 plays Morrissey and I think they also play the Smiths.
Kiss Me A lot sucks, no one should ever play it or the video, which I think is is a bit of a rip off of that Roxy Music album coverm but SER probably does not know who they are

Apart from the whining, couple of things stand out for me here. While his career was on the slide, I always thought that Shame Is The Name was by far one of the better songs of the era.

Secondly, how many of you remember this jazz/soul cover version of Dial A Cliche? It's pretty good.

Is there a thawing going on here?

Will Never Marry is an absolute classic. Having it played on the radio would only tarnish it.

Our local independent station in Boston 92.5 plays Morrissey and I think they also play the Smiths.
Kiss Me A lot sucks, no one should ever play it or the video, which I think is is a bit of a rip off of that Roxy Music album coverm but SER probably does not know who they are
I’d forgotten about that video. I’m going to watch it again, it can’t possibly be as awful as I remember.

Guess what, it’s worse than I remember.

Although the video looks cool, i think 'On the streets i ran' is the weakest track off of Ringleaders.
Again, any one of the 2006 b sides could have replaced it and improved the album immensely.

One would think he first heard about The Smiths through you, his dad. Are you saying Tik Tok has a bigger influence on him?

fair play, I suppose.
I tried from a young age trying to get him into music that I liked but I was powerless to way him from mainstream pop and modern hip hop. Then, suddenly, he started to develop a taste for music I liked, while I wasn't paying attention to his musicaly tastes.
I actually like that he came by it honestly.

I’m honestly surprised to see so much hate being thrown towards “Kiss Me A Lot”. Lyrically it’s nothing ground breaking but it has some truly beautiful moments vocally. I routinely show the Larry King performance to various friends and they have all have been surprised he’s still, this late in his career, putting out good songs such as this one.

fair play, I suppose.
I tried from a young age trying to get him into music that I liked but I was powerless to way him from mainstream pop and modern hip hop. Then, suddenly, he started to develop a taste for music I liked, while I wasn't paying attention to his musicaly tastes.
I actually like that he came by it honestly.

Yeah, could be it was just the right age/time for him to need/discover The Smiths. Don’t be surprised to see some of your records go missing!

Songs we will never hear on an album -
See track listing of Bonfire Of Teenagers and Without Music The World Dies.

Last edited:
SONGS YOU’LL NEVER HEAR ON BRITISH RADIO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQpMIp1DIhA

All clips by AnotherFilmOnReplay (Chile)

Or at current Morrissey concerts!="true"]https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/songs-you-ll-never-hear-o

I enjoyed these mate .
Bless your cottons. Making a M video doesn't take much imagination though, does it ?
Get a film before the the 70s edit a few scenes together whack a M tune on it. Job done .lol
Love and Squeeze M
But my god he comes out with such BS , all this this "I'm never on the radio " is total BS
sure he isn't on as much as Oasis but he has never been as popular as Oasis in the UK .

It's pretty hard to feel sorry for a multi millionaire that gets to do what he wants , People do though they fall for his BS hook line and fecking sinker - he's probably played as much as Lou Reed or The Fall and Stone Roses .

Does anyone know if he's got a contract yet ?

Was I Knew I Was Next ever done live? Or just Good Looking Man About Town?

That I New I Was Next video is from the film
They Made Me A Criminal.
It's a Busby Berkley picture with John Garfield,
Claude Rains and the Dead End Kids in it.
It's a fun one.
Gonna have to put it on the re-watch list.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom