Songs you can't get out of your head

True Faith, this time as a new Wombats' "single", just because it's on heavy rotation on the radio. Already fed up with people saying that it's "much better than the original".

I always think it's funny when I see Mama Cass stood next to Michelle. Cass must have hated her so much.

And now I am thinking of the Scooby Doo episode with Mama Cass...

Ham sandwich lodged in her throat? Zoinks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always think it's funny when I see Mama Cass stood next to Michelle. Cass must have hated her so much.

And now I am thinking of the Scooby Doo episode with Mama Cass...

Ham sandwich lodged in her throat? Zoinks!

Poor Mama Cass. Fat girl fashion "Let's put her in a sack."

Speaking of Scooby Doo, I saw this the other day.

When did Scooby Doo become sarky?

Poor Mama Cass. Fat girl fashion "Let's put her in a sack."

Speaking of Scooby Doo, I saw this the other day.

When did Scooby Doo become sarky?

I don't acknowledge the new Scooby Doo carton; it's a travesty, and an insult to the original. I won't let my kids watch it on the grounds that it is an abortion of good taste.

Earworms

The term earworm originally comes from a translation of the German word 'Ohrwurm'. It refers to the experience of having a tune or a part of a tune stuck in your head. Often a person experiencing an earworm has no idea why a tune has popped into their head and has little control over how long it continues.

We've been asking you for your earworms for a while now and sometimes we play them out on the show. You can still do this by using the handy form below.

Earworms are a really common phenomenon: A recent poll suggested over 90% of the population experience them at least once a week, so it seems like having the odd earworm is perfectly normal. Now Goldsmiths University have launched some serious research into our little wriggly friends, to find out more and to take part in the research just visit Goldsmiths website.The term earworm originally comes from a translation of the German word 'Ohrwurm'. It refers to the experience of having a tune or a part of a tune stuck in your head. Often a person experiencing an earworm has no idea why a tune has popped into their head and has little control over how long it continues.

We've been asking you for your earworms for a while now and sometimes we play them out on the show. You can still do this by using the handy form below.

Earworms are a really common phenomenon: A recent poll suggested over 90% of the population experience them at least once a week, so it seems like having the odd earworm is perfectly normal. Now Goldsmiths University have launched some serious research into our little wriggly friends, to find out more and to take part in the research just visit Goldsmiths website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/shaun-keaveny/form/earworms/

Today?

I f***ing hate that song, Iona Mink! Every time I hear it, it gets stuck in my head. I didn't even watch the video and I've got it in my head! Damn you!

I f***ing hate that song, Iona Mink! Every time I hear it, it gets stuck in my head. I didn't even watch the video and I've got it in my head! Damn you!

:lbf: You know i didn't hear it either before it got stuck in my head. I read some prose that went along the lines of

person 1: what did you do today?
person 2: i built a birdhouse
person 1: in your soul?

Zing! In it went.

I love this song.

That whole Flood album is phenomenal.

You know, I don't actually know if I like them. All I really know is this song and the 'Constantinople' one (that was them right?) which sort of implies that they may be purveyors of novelty songs.

You know, I don't actually know if I like them. All I really know is this song and the 'Constantinople' one (that was them right?) which sort of implies that they may be purveyors of novelty songs.

I bought one of their live albums years ago and it was , indeed, far too chock-full of wackiness and zany-ness.

My personal earworm at the moment is Billy Ocean's "When the Going Gets Tough". I blame a friend of mine - on Saturday ,he found an old chewed-up cassette tape near where we had stopped for lunch while bushwalking . He then began to speculate over the ancient mysteries lying within before suddenly bursting out with a horrifically accurate version of the "Going Gets Tough" chorus , complete with pained-facial-expression.

This is a novelty song, and it gets stuck in my head whenever I hear it.
But Nadia G. can really cook. :yum:

My earworm for the last 3 days.

I don't mind. I'm having a bit of a love affair with this song at the moment.

Giselle, your song is odd. Not in a bad way. Just odd. :)

I can't get this cover out of my head.

Back
Top Bottom