Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Desperately poor link here - remember Moz chose Groovin' With Mr Bloe as one of his choices on a recent(ish) radio appearance? Well it's the playout music on the James May/Oz Clarke programme on BBC2.

How sad are we?

Peter

Shame(less) is the name

Just been watchin shameless on channel 4 tonight and there was a morrissey lookalike on a bicycle a la stop me outside the salford lads club . The Maguires had set up a Madchester tour in the pink limo , conning students with the other brother dressed as Manchester icons (except for shaun ryder who played himself). Was quite funny and as i have heard moz is a"shameless" fan i would like to think he would find it funny. Is on channel 4 + 1 at 11 tonight if you wanna see it - or catch it on channel4 on demand !

Last night I saw Antony and the Johnsons at the Vic theatre in Chicago.

At one point, he was telling a story between songs of an unrequited love in college, describing how he yearned for this boy, and he said, "I was half a person, half a person really."

Can't be an accident, can it? Especially if you look at his choices of sleeve art...

Re: I Heart Moz Weekend on Los Angeles Radio Station

Harry Hill mentions Morrissey in some kind of joke...who's there? morrissey... MORRISSEY?.....the more I see yeah, the more I want yeah.

Re: I Heart Moz Weekend on Los Angeles Radio Station

I was reading a weekly Japanese magazine which I can't find any equivalent in UK / US, maybe Time or Newsweek.
In one of the book reviews is about a book "The Declaration of TV Reviewer" written by someone cheekily now call himself Morrissi.

:eek:

He's a columnist and illustrator also runs http://tv-breakbeats.com/

Last edited:
About 6/7 references to Smiths songs in last night's excellent 'Being Human' on BBC3 - some proper good 80s tunes too (including 'Girlfriend In A Coma').

Was a nice treat.

Also if you're not watching this show you should.

Well, DW, I'm watching this now as instructed, but don't really get it. Okay, it's the 3rd episode in a series as I understand it, but I can't figure whether it's more comedy or drama (yes, I know it's described as both, but I thought that the emphasis might be more one way than the other).

It's well-acted, scripted and directed, so my problem might be because I've not seen the previous 2 episodes. I might stick with it on regular TV to see how it pans out. Am half-way through now - just had the reference to 'There is a Light that Never Goes Out'.

About 6/7 references to Smiths songs in last night's excellent 'Being Human' on BBC3 - some proper good 80s tunes too (including 'Girlfriend In A Coma').

Was a nice treat.

Also if you're not watching this show you should.

i'm a mass of inconsistencies this weekend (see my comments on the new version of TCM) - just finished watching the Being Human episode and reached the conclusion that I like it, despite earlier comments!

Thanks for this, will look out for next week's.

Coronation st.

DOes anyone know if Moz still watches or has pronounced on it in the past decade or so.
I mean what would he make of the silly thing in tonights episode, where Ashley's ass. has been talking like Fred Elliot...but only when he's got dead Freds old hat on!!!!!

Re: Coronation st.

I heard in one Interview that he watches Emmerdale, but I'm not sure about Corrie. I reckon he does. I'm just watching it now. :D

Re: Coronation st.

DOes anyone know if Moz still watches or has pronounced on it in the past decade or so.
I mean what would he make of the silly thing in tonights episode, where Ashley's ass. has been talking like Fred Elliot...but only when he's got dead Freds old hat on!!!!!

I say Ashley, I'm not sure if Moz is still a fan, I say, not sure if he is still a fan....

hahahaha :lbf:

i've just been half watching this show called pulling. someone on the show just got stopped from hanging themselves and the person who saved him was talking about it with some of her friends. one of them says something like "i think he's ok now" and i know it's over instantly starts playing from the other room. they all look concerned.

i've just been half watching this show called pulling. someone on the show just got stopped from hanging themselves and the person who saved him was talking about it with some of her friends. one of them says something like "i think he's ok now" and i know it's over instantly starts playing from the other room. they all look concerned.

I've seen that before :D

At the Smoking Popes show in Chicago last night, they worked a little bit of How Soon Is Now into their last song. Sadly, I don't know which song that was, because I was on my last beer by then.

My mum was talking about family members, and I was shocked to hear her refer to someone known as "Black Eyed Susan".

I immediately said "That's the name of a Morrissey song."
She likes Morrissey, but according to her, it is a very common expression and was also the title of an old Guy Mitchell song.

Anyway, aside from the Morrissey song, I had never heard it used before, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Couple of weeks ago they played the instrumental middle section of Let Me Kiss You as the background for the football highlights on BBC Radio 5 Live. On the same theme, Seasick popped up on a football phone in on Talksport the other day - for some reason I missed people were texting in songs about sea, boats etc. I didn't sugget it but good work whoever it was!

My mum was talking about family members, and I was shocked to hear her refer to someone known as "Black Eyed Susan".

I immediately said "That's the name of a Morrissey song."
She likes Morrissey, but according to her, it is a very common expression and was also the title of an old Guy Mitchell song.

Anyway, aside from the Morrissey song, I had never heard it used before, so I thought I'd share it with you.

I thought it was some sort of flower?

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom