Strange/unexpected Moz references?

A section in my local paper called, Who You Vibin’?, puts up a dater profile each week and asks 5 questions (job, best bar in Chicago, hobbies, fave celebrity, etc.). Today’s Lauren Watson answered the question: The song that best describes my dating life with You Just Haven’t Earned it Yet, Baby by the Smiths.

She’s 24. Her email address is published if anyone’s interested. ;)

I know we all know this one........British comedy show from the 1969 to 1973

On The Buses Stan's route is the number 11 to the Cemetery Gates which he works with his conductor Jack.

I'm sure Jack said, "So I'll meet you at the cemetery gates"
brilliant:thumb:

ive been watching on the buses a lot lately, and every time they mention the Cemetery gates I smile to myself. :rolleyes:

A section in my local paper called, Who You Vibin’?, puts up a dater profile each week and asks 5 questions (job, best bar in Chicago, hobbies, fave celebrity, etc.). Today’s Lauren Watson answered the question: The song that best describes my dating life with You Just Haven’t Earned it Yet, Baby by the Smiths.

She’s 24. Her email address is published if anyone’s interested. ;)

damn! I never bother to read those... that would've made my morning to see that.

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now was just used on 'The Truth About Tanning' on BBC3 - it was on when the girl from Girls Aloud took a load of fake tan off an orange bloke from Wales.

Dave

I've got two tenuous ones in a night. Is this a record?

Anyway number one; watching the greatest Eastenders endings of the last 25years (I'm suffering from insomnia) I noticed in the credits incidental music by Craig Gannon. I can safely say Morrissey isn't missing much if anyone is desperate for Craig to reappear in Mozzer's band.

2) Coronation Street. Peter Barlow leaves his AA meeting suggesting that he can handle a drink. Next shot sees him leaving the AA meeting and heading for the pub surreptiously located over the road from the venue of the AA meeting. The name of the venue of the meeting? The RITA TUSHINGHAM COMMUNITY CENTRE. :lbf::lbf:

2) Coronation Street. Peter Barlow leaves his AA meeting suggesting that he can handle a drink. Next shot sees him leaving the AA meeting and heading for the pub surreptiously located over the road from the venue of the AA meeting. The name of the venue of the meeting? The RITA TUSHINGHAM COMMUNITY CENTRE. :lbf::lbf:
Top Spot! :thumb:

In an anthology I'm studying for English (WW1 poetry) one of the sections begins with "Take me back to dear old Blighty..." etc etc. Obviously not an actual reference to the song as the anthology was first published in 1964, but it still makes me smile when I read it.

Loving the "run hikki run!" tag as well. :lbf:

Reading an interview with benicio del toro yesterday in the times, an right at the start of the interview del toro notticed the interviewers t-shirt, which was a morrissey one, and started to sing every day is like Sunday, he apperently is a big fan

Come Dine With Me, set in Manchester (on More 4 now)

Hand in Glove keeps on being used as the background music for the token vegetarian.

Not exactly a reference, but I found it strange.. I live in a suburb in Australia that has quite a lot of sudanese imigrants. They like to emulate the african-americans they see a lot so they're all usually into rap and acting like gangstas and what not ... but they're also unusual because not many of them are long into the country and straight from the sudan. However at the station the other day were a group of them and one of them was sporting a Morrissey t-shirt which seemed so odd and out of place .. it was an old school "smiths is dead" t-shirt .. thought it was pretty cool though.

Ahaha, Eggheads' Barry didn't know that This Charming Man was the first UK chart entry song by The Smiths.
He said it's Cure's song. :D

Ahaha, another Morrissey question on Eggheads.

Sadly the contestant didn't know YOR, he answered it's a Marc Almond album. :(

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom