tell us about the last Film you saw

adventureland-poster-pic-20090323013521315_640w.jpg

I really enjoyed this and it has a kick ass soundtrack.

220px-Scott_Pilgrim_vs._the_World_teaser.jpg

I watched about 40 minutes of this and had to turn it off. Too much special effect or whatever, it gave me a headache.

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

the last film i saw was cloverfield. i had already watched it several times. it's a pretty decent flick and i have a major girl crush on lizzy caplan.

I know it's John Wayne and ancient and everything but someone told me that The Searchers - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049730/ - is often high on best film lists. So I watched it.

[Mixed-blood] Martin, on a years-long journey with his family to find [his sister Debbie] kidnapped by the Indians under Chief Scar...begins to realize that his uncle's hatred for the Indians is beginning to spill over onto his now-assimilated niece. Martin becomes uncertain whether Ethan plans to rescue Debbie...or kill her

Dare I say that it bears a little on the recent ambush of OBL, not Obama's finest hour not to have taken him alive, under whatever pressure he told himself it was, had to be, done. :squiffy:

You talked more about politics than the film. Way to go.

PS - You make it sound like there are no good John Wayne movies...or movies in general before 1990.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had watched Fast and Furios Five and it is amazing! You must see this movie guys for it will blow your seat away and I love the cars that they use on the film.

Tubular, broseph. Vin Diesel is so xcorex.

Cary Grant... mmmm. What a fine cut of man he was.

My last film: "Never Let Me Go" starring Keira Knightley. Intriguing plot centering on young people/clones who are raised to serve as organ donors. I'm told the book was better, as it usually is.

Watched "The Great Game"..It was a 50's comedy about a football star being poached by a rival team. Great performances by Thora Hird, Diana Dors and James Hayter(Mr.kipling).

Sweeney Todd. And a little bit of Wilde. But a bit embarrassing to watch a movie full of sex with your family, eh? ><

Fontane - Effi Briest by Rainer Werner Fassbinder. An excellent film.

'Toby Dammit' (I skip the other two segments). Fellini & Stamp at their best.

Never watch The Ugly Truth......I was forced to watch it by Missus Davie and I fell asleep halfway through it, it's not a lads film at all or even remotely interesting guys!

Never watch The Ugly Truth......I was forced to watch it by Missus Davie and I fell asleep halfway through it, it's not a lads film at all or even remotely interesting guys!

I don't find it interesting either! I saw the commercial for it and it sounds like the typical shallow romantic comedy. "Bridget Jones Diary" and "Amelie" are my kind of romance.

Tonight I saw Exit Through The Gift Shop.

Andrea Arnold's Red Road. A superb example of independent filmmaking. Shot on the mean streets of Glasgow, with compelling performances. Utterly believeable and unmissable.

Last night I saw Bridesmaids. Loved it. Equal parts of hilarity and dark exploration of feelings and dysfunction. I teared up in both directions, laughing and sadness.

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
I didn't like it.
I don't like drag queens (not that I dislike them, it's just not my choice for entertainment), I didn't find it entertaining at all really. I feel like I'm missing something here...

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
I didn't like it.
I don't like drag queens (not that I dislike them, it's just not my choice for entertainment), I didn't find it entertaining at all really. I feel like I'm missing something here...

I never saw that. I've always meant to and never got around to it.

Saw a really good German film last night, "Vision: the Life of Hildegard von Bingen" about the composer/seer/abbess/polymath of the 10th century. I've heard her music before and it was interesting to learn more of her life, plus I've become interested in women of genius lately.

my film watching has been real low this month :straightface:
but I did watch:
In-the-Electric-Mist.jpg

I enjoyed it, but it could have been better :o I give it a B+
however, if you adore Kelly Macdonald as I do :blushing:
then see it, she is in some of it :thumb:

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom