tell us about the last Film you saw

March 8, 2013 ~Oz: The Great and Powerful!

oz_the_great_and_powerful_wicked_witch.jpg

Can't wait!

Well, I just watched the trailer for the remake of Evil Dead. The original Evil Dead that came out in 1981 was comical. The best of B grade - bad acting, hand made special effects, gory, but classically made. Horror is my favorite genre...but this new Evil Dead movie truly brings the 'Evil' to life. Don't think I'll be sitting through that one. I'd post the trailer, but I don't want to see it again!

I'm looking forward to Oz, too, by the way. :) And, I'll have to check out Broken. I LOVE Tim Roth!!

There's sod all on so I was flicking channels and decided to watch "Dying Young". I've never seen it. Conclusion, oddly it reminds me of Arthur without the laughs and Campell Scott appears to be Michael Stipe.

March 8, 2013 ~Oz: The Great and Powerful!

oz_the_great_and_powerful_wicked_witch.jpg

Can't wait!
its on the top of my list of films to see before I leave the States again :thumb:
anyways, as for me, yesterday I saw
Argo2012Poster.jpg

watching this film turned out to be more emotional then I thought it would be :straightface:
see, while my father was not a hostage in Iran, he was an American civilian there at the time all this happened and we had no idea what happened to him for almost 2 months? :eek:
eventually we got a call from him once he reached Zurich
things like this in the film, them flying there
the Khomeini poster used as a dart board
the clothes, the tv reports, just all the little things in it, brought so much of that time back for me
all this being heightened by watching it with my mother, she got teary eyed too
I don't know, I think my dad would have loved it, can't really grade it objectively :confused:
still
A+

I watched The Perks of being a Wallflower last night.I really loved the book so I thought I`d watch.I loved it.It was really beautiful and touching.At times it was a bit difficult for me to watch because of things I could indentify with.It just was really good.It was something with meaning and worth watching.

Inadvertently saw a half hour of "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" for the 100th time . Was , happily though , reminded of what a drop-dead hot girl the "Marion Ravenwood" character is. And not only physically ( although .. although ... although ) . In the first few scenes featuring her , she out-drinks some bozo before going on to punch another guy ( Indiana) in the face. What's not to like ?
ahh yes
tumblr_m7qhjkfC5Y1qb3b09o1_500.gif

Karen Allen :love:

I watched The Perks of being a Wallflower last night.I really loved the book so I thought I`d watch.I loved it.It was really beautiful and touching.At times it was a bit difficult for me to watch because of things I could indentify with.It just was really good.It was something with meaning and worth watching.
thanks for reminding me to see this film Tibby :) it was a great book:thumb:
as for me, finally saw
Skyfall_poster.jpg

liked it a lot, still, I liked Daniel C's 1st Bond film more :o so:
A

I saw Silver Linings Playbook today - really enjoyed it. Excellent and believable performances from the entire cast. Bradley Cooper gives the best performance of his career so far, as does the oscar-winning Jennifer Lawrence. Robert De Niro gives his best performance in years, it's all backed up by a great supporting cast, story and direction. Go see it

8553148954_d2d699140d.jpg

8553148678_e6b135d46b.jpg

After reading the critics' reviews, I knew this film would not live up to the hype I had generated in my mind. Was a disappointment from a storyline perspective. But Franco was great as Oz. And China Girl is one on the best CG characters I have ever come across.

The Sessions

93981_gal.jpg

Put off seeing this movie. But I am really glad I caved. Way better than I thought it would be. Touching. Humorous. And excellent performances by entire cast. 3.5 out of four stars.

Yes, it is the reflection from the ticket window. Here is another from today... the mountain is across the street. But we are surrounded by them. It truly is a gorgeous place.

8553003033_f2d069b184_c.jpg

Wow. I never "get" desert life but with this kind of glimpse I kinda do. I burn easily, it's tough for me in the desert. Beautiful.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom