Morrissey Central "THANKSKILLING AND CHRISTMAS A TIME FOR GOOD WILL TO ALL ANIMALS" (November 15, 2023)

THANKSKILLING AND CHRISTMAS A TIME FOR GOOD WILL TO ALL ANIMALS

Relates to this from 9yrs ago:

"PETA’s video “Someday,” brought to life by Los Angeles animator Anna Saunders, was created in honor of Morrissey’s 55th birthday."

Related item:

I’ve just booked my Asda slot for Christmas; I’m not giving that up. The turkey will be dead by now anyway.

Why do people feel the need to inform us that they eat meat in a thread about the cruelty of the meat industry on a forum that is dedicated to a staunch vegetarian and frequented by many vegetarians? Poor wee souls.

Why do people feel the need to inform us that they eat meat in a thread about the cruelty of the meat industry on a forum that is dedicated to a staunch vegetarian and frequented by many vegetarians? Poor wee souls.

Because you people are so goddamn annoying about it. Piss off, Morrissey, I'll be enjoying my turkey.

Peta is so f***ing annoying they actually make you want to eat meat.. luckily I already do.

As a matter of principle I am pescetarian and only eat animals that live in the water, live close to water or drink water.
IMG_9439.gif

I didn’t realise there were so many vegetarians on here.

I guess I’m the only one that plays meat is murder whilst chowing down on spare ribs by candlelight.

It's oft quoted in interviews that "Meat is Murder" caused many people to become vegetarian, 84 -85? After a life of disliking the idea of eating meat (we rarely had fish!) in a culture that was dismissive of vegetarianism, I started the process in 1982 after reading a book called "Swallow it Whole - The New Statesman's Guide to the Food Industry", and by 1984 I could with honesty describe myself as vegetarian. Although Morrissey was clearly a vegetarian long before then I do sometimes wonder about the timeliness of Meat is Murder. Had the groundwork been done by the ideas circulating as a result this book, and here was the pop culture to move it along? I do wonder. Now we had a period where eggs were difficult to find and since then I don't look for them. I wonder if that has moved people towards vegan diets?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom