The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 234: THAT'S HOW PEOPLE GROW UP

How do you rate That's How People Grow Up?

• Total voters
it's a bit like Billy Budd, that kinda sound

by "a bit" do you mean theyre both songs sung by Morrissey? becos beyond that icant see any resemblance whatsoever.

by "a bit" do you mean theyre both songs sung by Morrissey? becos beyond that icant see any resemblance whatsoever.

it's personal Chris, it's catchy and the songtiltle is sung too much in
the song

btw,put yer grief and fustration of Morrissey not doing shows in Canada
on yer gouvernment and not on this site and the people who post here.:tears:

With a current average rating of 7,30 it beats I Just Want To See The Boy Happy, On The Streets I Ran, At last I Am Born and The Father Who Must be Killed.
But the rest of the ROTT-songs are doing better, so far...

Voting will close in 5 days!

Actually, had, for instance, You Have Killed Me been polled on the week of its release it would have got a much lower rating than it will do now. For some reason, Morrissey songs, his singles in particular, are received quite harshly at first and then grow more popular retrospectively. For me, That's How People Grow Up is easily of equal stature to the Ringleader singles and far superior to Boy Happy. And for me, better than Far-Off Places, Dear God, and Work of Art too.

Can't wait to see the results...

Actually, had, for instance, You Have Killed Me been polled on the week of its release it would have got a much lower rating than it will do now. For some reason, Morrissey songs, his singles in particular, are received quite harshly at first and then grow more popular retrospectively. For me, That's How People Grow Up is easily of equal stature to the Ringleader singles and far superior to Boy Happy. And for me, better than Far-Off Places, Dear God, and Work of Art too.

Can't wait to see the results...

Not sure I agree with you there entirely. It sure didn't apply to Dagenham Dave or Roy's Keen anyway...

But That's How People Grow Up HAS beaten Boy Happy (and The Youngest as well), but not the other ROTT-singles.

Incidentally, voting is closed (for the results anyway).
The results will be announced later today.

Not sure I agree with you there entirely. It sure didn't apply to Dagenham Dave or Roy's Keen anyway...

But That's How People Grow Up HAS beaten Boy Happy (and The Youngest as well), but not the other ROTT-singles.

Incidentally, voting is closed (for the results anyway).
The results will be announced later today.

I missed voting for this one It seems... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom