The official Democratic National Convention thread

In regards to Wink Wink and Nugz articles:

Perhaps I am missing the point but I tire of hearing about "white privilege." I have personally seen, witnessed and testified due to events where blacks have experienced advantages that whites would not because of reverse discrimination. Just because a group is perceived to be at an social "advantage" does not mean that they receive it.

Case in point: I testified as a witness at a trial where the person should have been charged with a hate crime. Hate crime charges carry more weight in sentencing than regular crimes. Without going into too much detail, Black guy jumped and beat a white guy kicking his skull and stomping on him. A crowd of blacks simply formed a circle and jumped around screaming to kill "the white motherf***er" and other similar phrases. They also in turn blocked those that tried to break it up.

If the colors of the two were flipped and it were a black being beaten by a group of whites while they screamed "kill the n*****" what would have been made of that?

Perhaps I am missing the point but I tire of hearing about "white privilege." I have personally seen, witnessed and testified due to events where blacks have experienced advantages that whites would not because of reverse discrimination. Just because a group is perceived to be at an social "advantage" does not mean that they receive it.

Case in point: I testified as a witness at a trial where the person should have been charged with a hate crime. Hate crime charges carry more weight in sentencing than regular crimes. Without going into too much detail, Black guy jumped and beat a white guy kicking his skull and stomping on him. A crowd of blacks simply formed a circle and jumped around screaming to kill "the white motherf***er" and other similar phrases. They also in turn blocked those that tried to break it up.

If the colors of the two were flipped and it were a black being beaten by a group of whites while they screamed "kill the n*****" what would have been made of that?

I posted an article about racist Democrats who won't vote Obama.

Perhaps I am missing the point but I tire of hearing about "white privilege." I have personally seen, witnessed and testified due to events where blacks have experienced advantages that whites would not because of reverse discrimination. Just because a group is perceived to be at an social "advantage" does not mean that they receive it.....

Eh, it's highly circumstantial, though. Look at the application of the death penalty on whites versus blacks, it can't be just coincidence. The law can't be THAt soft on them if they make up such a disproportionate segment of the prison population. Look at predominantly minority neighborhoods, they're usually poor as hell, they're schools are crap and receive little funding, they tend to be the most polluted, etc. Those things certainly count as social disadvantages, although, I'd say with most of that, today at least, class is the bigger part as opposed to race.

of course there are exceptions, but still. in the majority of cases, the white person will have it easier. i mean, just look at that list I posted. how can you really strongly refute any of that? If one of Obama's daughters got knocked up, you could stick a fork in him cuz he'd be DONE. you know it.

Eh, it's highly circumstantial, though. Look at the application of the death penalty on whites versus blacks, it can't be just coincidence. The law can't be THAt soft on them if they make up such a disproportionate segment of the prison population. Look at predominantly minority neighborhoods, they're usually poor as hell, they're schools are crap and receive little funding, they tend to be the most polluted, etc. Those things certainly count as social disadvantages, although, I'd say with most of that, today at least, class is the bigger part as opposed to race.

You are absolutely wrong.

On education:
More money is sunk into failing schools and minority neighborhoods than most people realize. Trust my professional knowledge and experience in that matter. When you read the "official numbers" they do not disclose the outside programs that only approach failing schools in terms of afterschool ELA and Math coaching programs, incentive programs and sports and arts programs that are primarily available to lower preforming schools in efforts to boost state scores and the overall performance.

Why do the schools fail?
To begin simply start watching Bill Cosby on youtube discussing the situation. For the most part he has a solid grasp on what is wrong with african American youth. It is pretty hard to not shake your head when you are given a note on a paper towel that R****** cannot afford a notebook yet the student will hand you that note wearing $180 Nike sneakers.

Last edited:
of course there are exceptions, but still. in the majority of cases, the white person will have it easier. i mean, just look at that list I posted. how can you really strongly refute any of that? If one of Obama's daughters got knocked up, you could stick a fork in him cuz he'd be DONE. you know it.

I can very easily refute quite a bit of it. A lot of it rests upon exaggerations and stereotyped responses. Keep in mind that I have seen things that you may not have, while you only know what you read through liberal media. You may not like my response to you here but I have seen things that you cannot possibly imagine.

If you want I will tell you in private but not on an open forum as some information may or may not be confidential.

I can very easily refute quite a bit of it. A lot of it rests upon exaggerations and stereotyped responses. Keep in mind that I have seen things that you may not have, while you only know what you read through liberal media. You may not like my response to you here but I have seen things that you cannot possibly imagine.

If you want I will tell you in private but not on an open forum as some information may or may not be confidential.

uh huh...

oh and you didnt answer me about Obama's daughter. if it was the other way around this election wouldve gone alot differently.

Last edited:
uh huh...

oh and you didnt answer me about Obama's daughter. if it was the other way around this election wouldve gone alot differently.

His daughter is ten years old. If she was pregnant at ten believe me it would be a much bigger issue than a seventeen year old that was pregnant. If he had a seventeen year old daughter I do not believe that it would be made as big of a deal in this election.

The media has pretty much respected the children of candidates more than they usually would of a celebrity's kids. Jamie Lynn Spears anyone? Historically, whenever the media goes after any of the children of presidential candidates it is usually ends with backlash from the American public. For many years the children of candidates are given more of a pass than if they were the children of those in other occupations.

His daughter is ten years old. If she was pregnant at ten believe me it would be a much bigger issue than a seventeen year old that was pregnant. If he had a seventeen year old daughter I do not believe that it would be made as big of a deal in this election.

The media has pretty much respected the children of candidates more than they usually would of a celebrity's kids. Jamie Lynn Spears anyone? Historically, whenever the media goes after any of the children of presidential candidates it is usually ends with backlash from the American public. For many years the children of candidates are given more of a pass than if they were the children of those in other occupations.

i knew you were gonna pull the age thing. you KNOW that i mean, if she was a few years older. theres no way in hell that if his daughter was 17, got knocked up, would he sport his whole family on stage at the DNC, including his daughters b/f (whos myspace page brags about shooting guns and kicking people's asses.) they would NEVER get away with it. would they? yes, or no?

(I feel like Chris Matthews) haha.

i knew you were gonna pull the age thing. you KNOW that i mean, if she was a few years older. theres no way in hell that if his daughter was 17, got knocked up, would he sport his whole family on stage at the DNC, including his daughters b/f (whos myspace page brags about shooting guns and kicking people's asses.) they would NEVER get away with it. would they? yes, or no?

(I feel like Chris Matthews) haha.

Go back and read after the first sentence.

Laura Linney put in her two bits at the Emmy Awards last night, when accepting the award for best actress in John Adams, a HBO movie about the life of the second President of the US, saying that with this award, she will always think of "the great community organizers that helped form our country". :D

Laura Linney put in her two bits at the Emmy Awards last night, when accepting the award for best actress in John Adams, a HBO movie about the life of the second President of the US, saying that with this award, she will always think of "the great community organizers that helped form our country". :D

Tiny Fey also said backstage, about her Sarah Palin impersonation, that she really wanted to not play her anymore after Nov 5th, and for everyone to help her not have to play her anymore after Nov 5th. :D

Tiny Fey also said backstage, about her Sarah Palin impersonation, that she really wanted to not play her anymore after Nov 5th, and for everyone to help her not have to play her anymore after Nov 5th. :D

Really? Why? It's comedy gold! :D

Did you hear Tommy Smothers? ""It's hard for me to stay silent, when I keep hearing that peace is only attainable through war. And there is nothing more scary than watching ignorance in action."

:guitar:

And who gave him his award? Steve :horny: Martin :cool:

Tags
gay baby polar bears groupthink hope mccain 2008 obama! oil whore r o n p a u l ! sarah palin is hot tony bennett in 2008
Back
Top Bottom