The official Democratic National Convention thread

political-pictures-barack-obama-half-breed-muslin-cloth.jpg

You're such an elitist.

Very good news:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26862018

we're such elitists:

Much of the movement has come among college-educated whites. Whites without college degrees favor McCain by 17 points, while those with college degrees support Obama by 9 points. No Democrat has carried white, college-educated voters in presidential elections dating back to 1980, but they were a key part of Obama's coalition in the primaries.

Concerning Palin:

She remains broadly popular -- 52 percent of voters view her positively -- but there have been some notable declines. Over the past two weeks, the percentage of independents with favorable views of Palin dropped from 60 percent to 48 percent. Among independent women, the decline was particularly sharp, going from 65 percent to 43 percent. Her favorable rating among whites without college degrees remained largely steady, but among those with college degrees, it dropped nearly 20 percentage points.

goes to show you the problem with America is the lack of education.

Last edited:
McCain wants to postpone the debate this Friday due to the economic crisis and postpone campaigning. Obama said screw that!!!

What's McCain thinking?

Personally I think it's in McCain's best interest to get the debates out of the way as soon as possible. Americans will forget in a month how poorly he did.

McCain wants to postpone the debate this Friday due to the economic crisis and postpone campaigning. Obama said screw that!!!

What's McCain thinking?

Personally I think it's in McCain's best interest to get the debates out of the way as soon as possible. Americans will forget in a month how poorly he did.

The train is rolling. He's either on it or getting run over by it.

I think he's just trying to buy time. BRING IT, old man :mad:

The debate must go on. What if your president will have to deal with many things at once. Can't handle it old man???

It's a political move to

1) make McCain seem like he cares about America

2) buy him time because he wasted this week on the campaign trail instead of getting ready for a debate he will lose.

The fact is no one in Washington will be working on a Friday night. He may try to cancel one of the debates by postponing it until it won't happen. Just like they rigged the VP debates to a short response paltform to keep Palin from talking. They won't have her do press conferences, they won't let her debate. She is simply a spokeswomen...a beauty queen...something she has experience in.

Why does he get to postpone anything, or even Obama for that matter if he wanted to, because of the economy (tho WinkWink you are absolutely correct). Isn't it our PRESIDENT'S problem to deal with? Since when have debates been 'I can't make it, I've got something else/better to do that night'??? Why does he have ANY other option but to do it? And why can't we ask the beauty queen any questions? Any? We have a right to ask and know everything about her. I'm just so perplexed...dumbfounded... sickened!

OMG... I watched about 3 minutes of Bush speak... I can't stand how robotic he is, reading off the cue cards with no thoughts or words of his own...Where is the big Gong Show hook when you need it... :rolleyes:

It's a political move to

1) make McCain seem like he cares about America

2) buy him time because he wasted this week on the campaign trail instead of getting ready for a debate he will lose.

The fact is no one in Washington will be working on a Friday night. He may try to cancel one of the debates by postponing it until it won't happen. Just like they rigged the VP debates to a short response paltform to keep Palin from talking. They won't have her do press conferences, they won't let her debate. She is simply a spokeswomen...a beauty queen...something she has experience in.

it's so obviously a stunt. I love that Obama was like "ehhh, wait a minute here." of course theyre gonna spin it so it looks like Obama doesnt care or whatever. this is getting ridiculous. seriously, its 2 hours on a Friday night. he probably just doesnt wanna miss his weekly Bingo night at the home.

HAHA! McCain disses Letterman, supposedly cuz he had to race down to Washington and "save the economy", but then Letterman and Keith Olbermann (McCain's replacement) catch him getting interviewed by Katie Couric!! BUSTED!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm watching McCain talk live on TV right now... I can't believe that he said yesterday that he would pause his campaign to "help the country (as if he knew anything about economy)" and today he is giving a speech about aaalll the stuff he will do when president.

Sounds like campaigning to me.

HAHA! McCain disses Letterman, supposedly cuz he had to race down to Washington and "save the economy", but then Letterman and Keith Olbermann (McCain's replacement) catch him getting interviewed by Katie Couric!! BUSTED!

Y'know, Letterman is looking very presidential here. He's smart, he's tough, he has control of a good organization that managed to catch McCain out and get it on the air, and he stayed on point and really got his message through.

Also, he has a house in upstate New York, which is very near Canada, which is a foreign country, so he already has foreign policy experience.

Draft Letterman!

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'know, Letterman is looking very presidential here. He's smart, he's tough, he has control of a good organization that managed to catch McCain out and get it on the air, and he stayed on point and really got his message through.

Also, he has a house in upstate New York, which is very near Canada, which is a foreign country, so he already has foreign policy experience.

Draft Letterman!

hahaha

I'd vote for Letterman's optometrist over Sarah Palin.

Tags
gay baby polar bears groupthink hope mccain 2008 obama! oil whore r o n p a u l ! sarah palin is hot tony bennett in 2008
Back
Top Bottom